Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Roman09

Final Flight
Last edited:

BrazilianFan

Rinkside
Medvedeva: now doing the Rippon variation on her 3Ts, 3F, 3F3T, 2A3T; FS runthru (3F3T3T, 3Lz3T, 3Lo3T, 3S3T3T, 2A), 3Lo, drills with 1/2Lo3S and 3T

a new world record is coming <3

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I know she doesn't seem to get nervous easily, but one's first Worlds is a pretty big deal...hopefully she doesn't let it get to her. Though even if she makes a couple small mistakes, she should be ok, but I don't think the judges here will cut her any slack; we'll see. In any case, I hope the audience will be supportive. Good luck Zhenya!

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Since last year I am hugely invested in this girl emotionally and wish the best of luck!

I really pray for 2 clean programs and then it is already up to the judges ! :D

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
While it would be absolutely fantastic if she wins, I would be happy with a medal of any color. I do worry that the negativity toward her would only increase if she wins gold at her very first Worlds, & the pressure might be too much for her to sustain her level in the long run. If she ends up 2nd or 3rd then she still has a goal to achieve going forward. That said, I certainly hope she'll perform her best and the judging will be fair (as can be), and we'll see how it goes.

bsfan

On the Ice
Is the order of last FS group ACTUALLY arranged ? It gives enough chance for judges to score high on Gold and/or Wagner as long as they don't bomb.

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
As soon as Evgenia finished the short, her little head tilt and hands on her hips - I couldn't help but laugh a little. It was cute. "I know it wasn't my best." I think if this is an indication of her character, that she will take it all her stride - then that's a good thing. I'm really a fan of hers. I have to say just one thing - that just maybe all the backloading in the short isn't always the best idea. I know that it makes sense to do what you can do to get those points. However - for the first time I did really notice it. Maybe due to fact she was clearly more nervous than usual. I couldn't help but feel the crowd was expecting her to perform a jump far earlier than she did and it may have affected how they viewed her skate. It didn't build the momentum along with the audience. I wouldn't be surprised if some in the audience even wondered if it was a mistake - as though she'd lost her head a bit and opted not to perform one when she supposed to? And the "feel" coming from the audience influences the judges as well. I don't know, I just think it's something to consider. Maybe there should be a rule that you have to perform at least one jump element in the first half. I know some will say - it's not fair if a skater doesn't have to do a jump in the second half. Yes, but I think the audience is more used to the end of a program being more about skating and spins ect.

dna5019

Final Flight
I am positively shaking with excitement. Evgenia, that was one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen. :love: I'm so happy to have gotten to know you this season and I can't wait to see more of you next year. Congratulations on your World title!!! :yahoo: :hap57: :hap93:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I had to stop reading the other thread as soon as her scores came up. Not interested in reading negativity and hate-filled posts from bitter people any more. I'm so, so proud of Evgenia! Even people who don't like aspects of her skating have to admit she is an incredibly consistent and mentally strong competitor. Now where does she go from here?

And a huge congrats to Eteri too! :hap93::bow:

Just think, it took the other Zhenya (Plushenko) 4 tries to win gold at Worlds! :jaw:

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
What an amazing performance. She seemed nervous in the short, but all business tonight. Fantastic.

She is the first woman to go from winning junior worlds to senior worlds in the very next year... Gordeeva/Grinkov did that too, but I don't think anyone else has... just amazing.

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Wow! Evgenia was on fire tonight! Flawless performance. And if she felt any pressure, it didn't show at all.

And she broke the FS world record - which I had thought was unbreakable, by design.

Amazing.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Evgenia is such a strong-willed young lady that she will surely have a bright future in FS world. Congratulations!

Alex D

Record Breaker
I don´t have any words right now, to describe how happy I am that the best lady of the season and in the FS, has won that golden medal.

Sorry, usually I am pretty good with words, but I just can´t find them right now.

It was something very special, that I can´t do justice with, whatever I might try to say now.

Маладец!