Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

psycho

On the Ice
Zhenya is a star! You go girl!:yahoo::hap10::hap57: The odds in Boston were stacked against her, pushing the Americans at all costs, but she did it, against all odds! Made Russia proud, that's for sure. :yes2:

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Count me in as a new fan of Evgenia after tonight. She has the total package! I loved watching her tonight. I could take my eyes off watching her. She was so captivating. Wow!

MeineKatze

On the Ice
Is the order of last FS group ACTUALLY arranged ? It gives enough chance for judges to score high on Gold and/or Wagner as long as they don't bomb.

I need an answer to this question too. Do skaters draw their skating order for the freeskate or not?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Zhenya is a star! You go girl!:yahoo::hap10::hap57: The odds in Boston were stacked against her, pushing the Americans at all costs, but she did it, against all odds! Made Russia proud, that's for sure. :yes2:

Yep, it really says a lot about her that she could do this even in an anti-Russian environment. She is truly one amazing young woman.

berry8

Final Flight
That was her best performed LP of the season: even the 2as were rockingly solid.
According to me this program deserved to beat Yuna's LP record even if there are many posters who don't think so :/

OniBan

Final Flight
Happy that Zhenya is the World champion - well deserved I say :) She is the one Russian lady I enjoy the most watching throughout this season - lyrical, balletic and quirky n cute off ice. For haters who hate on her world record - well might I say with her progression through the season that it's coming anyway? not like it came out of nowhere.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I need an answer to this question too. Do skaters draw their skating order for the freeskate or not?

The skaters in the Free are arranged in that way, that they are divided into groups by the referee while at least one competitor is present . The goal is to have even groups, based on the total amount of skaters. 24 skaters = 4 groups = 6 skaters in each group. At which point the skaters skate in said group, will be decided by lot, in which the best placed draws first.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am sure she's not fluent, but she's interested in Japanese culture and probably has learned some phrases. Maybe the subtitles are there because she didn't speak it perfectly clearly. Sometimes even native English speakers with heavy accents are subtitled here in the US.

dia

Rinkside
Why are there Japanese subtitles if she is actually speaking in Japanese? :/
Is she fluent in Japanese?

You can see subtitles almost all the time on Japanese TV. First, for disabled people that can not hear but can read. Second, because there are extremely many homonymous in Japanese language- words you pronounce the same and even write them the same if you use only hiragana but they have different kanji- Chinese ideograms and of course different meaning. Third, because sometimes there is a need to clarify what the speaker says- I mean to correct the phrasing a little. Another reason is because even Japanese people might use different dialects, so with subtitles they put it into standard Japanese. Finally, because the speaker's Japanese is really bad and you cannot quite pick up what he/she says.:biggrin: The last one is the case of Medvedeva. She tries hard to produce that "Sailor Moon" song, and the words might be OK but her accent is quite funny:laugh:, Anyway she memorized the words so I give her credit for that. BTW, I am sure the Japanese public is delighted.:agree:

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
You can see subtitles almost all the time on Japanese TV. First, for disabled people that can not hear but can read. Second, because there are extremely many homonymous in Japanese language- words you pronounce the same and even write them the same if you use only hiragana but they have different kanji- Chinese ideograms and of course different meaning. Third, because sometimes there is a need to clarify what the speaker says- I mean to correct the phrasing a little. Another reason is because even Japanese people might use different dialects, so with subtitles they put it into standard Japanese. Finally, because the speaker's Japanese is really bad and you cannot quite pick up what he/she says.:biggrin: The last one is the case of Medvedeva. Se tries hard to produce that "Sailor Moon" song, and the words might be OK but her accent is quite funny:laugh:, Anyway she memorized the words so I give her credit for that. BTW, I am sure the Japanese public is delighted.:agree:

Many thanks for your clarification!
Japanese must be such a hard language to learn :D

jaq

Rinkside