IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit!

FanFan3256

Rinkside
She’s not going to win gold, me thinks the Olympic gold winner will win gold @ the World Championship.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I do not think she would quit... but then again, the chances of her winning gold are really minuscule, if I were to bet, it would be around 1%.

I am pretty positive she will continue until Beijing, the Canadian junior field is relatively weak... so her and Gabby are very likely to compete in three Olympics.

1% it is!

Ice is slippery. Strange things happen.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Osmond for Gold becomes true at Worlds this year, so I'd like to say Osmond for Beijing Gold, 4CC Gold, GPF Gold! :biggrin:

See, there are many things that she can achieve with her talent. I really wish she keeps up the good work in competition!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
OMG Osmond won the gold :D

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well, does she retire now? Or does she hope on repeating this next year when Medvedeva's back and Zagitova's not tired from all those Russian state events and Panenkova/Tsurskaya are in fighting form?
For that matter, does Kostner retire now? Or Miyahara? (I hope not--Satton's a gem and we need her :love:)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, does she retire now? Or does she hope on repeating this next year when Medvedeva's back and Zagitova's not tired from all those Russian state events and Panenkova/Tsurskaya are in fighting form?
For that matter, does Kostner retire now? Or Miyahara? (I hope not--Satton's a gem and we need her :love:)
I doubt she has any expectation of winning another World title. She's said she wants to be around to help with the next wave of Canadian figure skaters, so I expect we'll see a few more seasons and maybe another Olympics if things go well. Everything else is gravy after this year.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Or maybe she continues skating, knowing that she may not repeat as gold medalist.

It's a good thing Michelle Kwan didn't retire after her first world gold medal, or we would have missed a lot of wonderful performances. Likewise Katerina Witt and Mao Asada. They even (gasp) continued after winning a gold medal, then winning a "lesser" medal in a later year.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Whatever she plans on doing moving forward, her trajectory this quad has been amazing, from an injury filled two years (not being able to skate in 2014-2015 and re injuring herself in 2015 and not making the world team in 2016) to world silver in 2017, two OG medals, and then cumulating to today's World Gold. Part of me though wants to see Kaetlyn and Gabby to continue pushing Canadian ladies' skating to new heights.

Ziotic

Medalist
Since she is World champ and from my understanding their wishes for GP assignments are usually honoured, which do you think she will pick?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Since she is World champ and from my understanding their wishes for GP assignments are usually honoured, which do you think she will pick?

She has always been invited to/picked Skate Canada every year that she is senoir. Strategically, NHK and Rostelecom are not neutral territory.

Roo87

Medalist

She'll want whatever ones Med and Zeg aren't in haha

Reen403

Spectator
During the press conference she said she would doing SOI Japan and SOI Canada having a rest, then getting ready for next year.