IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit!

Ziotic

Medalist
She'll want whatever ones Med and Zeg aren't in haha

She won’t have that answer since they won’t be invited until after her.

Obviously I don’t think she’ll be at CoR or NHK as BillNeal mentioned so that leaves China, France , and USA?

vavavoom

Rinkside
She won’t have that answer since they won’t be invited until after her.

Obviously I don’t think she’ll be at CoR or NHK as BillNeal mentioned so that leaves China, France , and USA?

She'll chicken out anytime she sees Med or Zag's names.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I'd like for Kaetlyn to not skate at events that Evgenia and Alina skate at. I'd be ideal for all of them to be at separate assignments, as it maximizes their changes for making GPF. Same with Wakaba and Satoko. Then it makes GPF more exciting.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'd like for Kaetlyn to not skate at events that Evgenia and Alina skate at. I'd be ideal for all of them to be at separate assignments, as it maximizes their changes for making GPF. Same with Wakaba and Satoko. Then it makes GPF more exciting.

I agree. That's what the seeding is all about. The top three skaters at worlds can't meet a GP events. In this case, they were top three, thought at Olympics not at worlds, and the same logic applies. But whether it will work out is another story.

I have tickets for the GPF so I have a vested interest in a good GPF slate of entries next year. I'll be watching the assignments and standings much more closely than usual.

Ghost

Spectator
She'll chicken out anytime she sees Med or Zag's names.

Since when do you people think skaters get to pick their assignments?...
I'm constantly amazed at the lack of knowledge posted on these forums.
Skaters are assigned assignments, they do not get choice in these matters.

shmay

On the Ice
It will be interesting to see how some of these women strategize technically to keep up with the Russian juniors.

If I understand correctly, Osmond noted to the press that she's not really seriously considering a 3A...but she certainly has the ability and she may need to rethink that approach if she wants to remain competitive.

Roo87

Medalist
It will be interesting to see how some of these women strategize technically to keep up with the Russian juniors.

If I understand correctly, Osmond noted to the press that she's not really seriously considering a 3A...but she certainly has the ability and she may need to rethink that approach if she wants to remain competitive.

The 3A isn't really getting Nagasu any further up the pole, so why should Kaetlyn even bother?

SXTN

Final Flight
The 3A isn't really getting Nagasu any further up the pole, so why should Kaetlyn even bother?

It would be a different story for Kaetlyn since she is a top skater. The 3A could make her untouchable.

Nagasu is too flawed so the 3A didn't really help. Yes, she got the 3A ratified a couple of times, but 3 carrots on other jumps instead.

millie

Medalist
Please don't kick someone while they're down...

I’m not kicking Anyone when they are down, for example how people kick Osmond when she is down. I was responding to a post insinuating that Osmond has reached her limits in where she can go further in Skating and her capabilities like backloading, triple axels etc. Just remember how it makes other fans feel when you belittle Kaetlyn....🙂

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I’m not kicking Anyone when they are down, for example how people kick Osmond when she is down. I was responding to a post insinuating that Osmond has reached her limits in where she can go further in Skating and her capabilities like backloading, triple axels etc. Just remember how it makes other fans feel when you belittle Kaetlyn....🙂

Agreed. Some people have put Kaetlyn through the damn wringer. Saying her WSM was a fluke, saying she had no shot to beat Zag/Med. saying she couldn't skate well outside of Canada. Saying she couldn't come back from injury.

Well now she has 3 Olympic medals of every colour, including an individual bronze, and a World gold to add to her World silver.

I won't kick Zagitova (who's had a stellar season still) fans while she's down.... but I will sure as hell not stop kicking the Osmond haters while she's up. :biggrin:

Ziotic

Medalist
Since when do you people think skaters get to pick their assignments?...
I'm constantly amazed at the lack of knowledge posted on these forums.
Skaters are assigned assignments, they do not get choice in these matters.

True!

But from my understanding they generally honour the world champs wishes.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
LOL, for all the good Alina’s backloading did her and her showing of her triple, triple, triples...🙂

Hey now, it still worked for her in winning the Olympic gold medal which she wouldn't have been able to do if not for her backloading and her training 3-3-3 which probably helped her to throw in the 3Z+3L afterwards.

This clearly wasn't her competition, but we all know that her layout is risky. It's kinda like Jin's or Zhou's... if you're not "on" that day, your greatest strength (technical ability and crazy content) now becomes a minefield of errors and deductions.