Joshua Farris | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

musicfan80

Medalist
2017 USFS Champs Camp photo - Twitter, Instagram

Looks like Josh isn't at Champs Camp this year - We don't know why or what this means as far as any other assignments are concerned. At least he lives/trains in Colorado Springs and it's hopefully relatively easy for Christy/Damon to get a monitoring session scheduled if he can get ready in time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:cry: :cry: why can't the universe just cut him a break. please. just...leave him alone.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The NHK entry list has been updated. Joshua is no longer on it.

*goes and stands in a corner to stare at the wall and try not to cry*

nimi

Medalist
Oh dear, my eyes suddenly got a bit sweaty... :sad21:

But even if he chooses to not make his competitive comeback this season, who knows.... We might see him in the post-olympic season? (I want to believe...)

musicfan80

Medalist
Sad, but not surprised given the WDs from the skating camp and Champs Camp. I think this means that U.S. Nationals is completely out of the picture as well.

Hopefully, he will recover well enough for us to see him in shows. :yes:

sarama

Medalist
I hope he is well enough at least to do a show one day, so that we can see his FS. I have a feeling it's stunning.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand?? I had the opportunity to see him skate live over the summer and he looked great. Did he renjure himself? :scratch2:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope we get official word from his camp what is going on. Maybe he had a setback with his concussion recovery, who knows?

Hate to speculate, but his fans are concerned after his big announcement that he was returning to competition.

td84fan

Rinkside
Speak to us, Team Josh

I hope we get official word from his camp what is going on. Maybe he had a setback with his concussion recovery, who knows?

Hate to speculate, but his fans are concerned after his big announcement that he was returning to competition.

He really does need to let his team announce things. To allow people to stumble upon his name being removed from his only international event is a poor strategy. I am concerned about him as many others will be. We need to know what the situation is - even if they don't give details. I respect his privacy, but if he's leaving skating for good I don't want to keep hoping he'll return. If he's going to make grand announcements about coming back, his team should at least say something about his disappearance.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't understand?? I had the opportunity to see him skate live over the summer and he looked great. Did he renjure himself? :scratch2:

I don't know. We don't know. Nobody knows.

He really does need to let his team announce things. To allow people to stumble upon his name being removed from his only international event is a poor strategy. I am concerned about him as many others will be. We need to know what the situation is - even if they don't give details. I respect his privacy, but if he's leaving skating for good I don't want to keep hoping he'll return. If he's going to make grand announcements about coming back, his team should at least say something about his disappearance.

It's Josh. He's always been this way, and he always will be. When he is ready he will say something.

I cannot believe it would be for good. Maybe he just decided to give himself more time to come back. I will hope that is so.

musicfan80

Medalist
YAY! The good news is that he's having fun playing video games with Joe. And he still looks fit - although I'm assuming that with that jacket on. I do kinda like the light facial hair.

I wish that he was competing this season :( - but I hope that his health is getting better.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was just casually checking IG on my break and I nearly screamed aloud in the middle of my workplace when Josh appeared in that video.

He looks good even if I'm not a huge fan of the overly scruffy facial hair. I'm just hoping that he's feeling well. Maybe he decided not to compete this season so he could be EVEN MORE READY for next season :yes:

musicfan80

Medalist
I think it depends on why and how long he had to stay off the ice - we don’t even know if he’s skating at all right now. I can’t help but think it’s bad news that it’s been crickets. Maybe we’ll hear something after all the Olympic hoopla is over.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Maybe that's his plan. An Olympic season might be just too much pressure given what he's trying to come back from. So sit this one out, then go full steam ahead for next season. I am sure this will be so. :yes:

It will be so. It has to be so. Please...please...let it be so...

LRK

Record Breaker
I am technologically challenged. All I see are pictures and videos, no stories. :(

Do you have an Instagram account? - I think one has to have one to see those stories? I've not got Instagram myself, and can't see them either.

As for being technologically challenged, though - you and me both.:) So I may very well be talking through my hat, and hopefully someone else will confirm or correct.:)

td84fan

Rinkside
Do you have an Instagram account? - I think one has to have one to see those stories? I've not got Instagram myself, and can't see them either.

As for being technologically challenged, though - you and me both.:) So I may very well be talking through my hat, and hopefully someone else will confirm or correct.:)

I do have an account, but I don't have a smart phone. I have to access on my home computer. I am logged in and I just don't see it where Instagram says it would be. I'm sure I miss a lot of content that is specifically designed for mobile apps.. :(