Joshua Farris | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I find the "unable to travel" part the most worrying. I seem to recall that travel restrictions were in place during his concussion. I hope he is ok.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sad Josh news about Skate Dance Dream this weekend: https://instagram.com/p/BWav28th1nO/.

I hope the "medical reasons" aren't too serious. I don't want to be paranoid, but it's weird they used that phrase and not "injury".

Get well soon, Josh! :yes: :ghug:

Please let it just be the flu, or a bad cold, or maybe he accidentally had some dairy, or rolled his ankle, or something, just something, anything other than a return to that dark awful place. Please...skategods...please...

musicfan80

Medalist
Please let it just be the flu, or a bad cold, or maybe he accidentally had some dairy, or rolled his ankle, or something, just something, anything other than a return to that dark awful place. Please...skategods...please...

If it was his ankle, he would probably still be able to make it to the camp, even if he couldn't skate. The dairy/flu thing doesn't make much sense - he still could fly, unless he got REALLY sick, right?

Trying not to freak out too much - unless he ends up not making Champs Camp next month, either.....:shocked:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If it was his ankle, he would probably still be able to make it to the camp, even if he couldn't skate. The dairy/flu thing doesn't make much sense - he still could fly, unless he got REALLY sick, right?

Well I was thinking, I mean, colds can really do a number on the pressure in your head, maybe if he had one, it would be a "well it's just a cold but with your head history we don't want to risk anything" kinda thing? *clinging to hope*

Trying not to freak out too much - unless he ends up not making Champs Camp next month, either.....:shocked:

Oh god...why would you say that...no, he will be there, it will be fine, it has to be fine.

I just keep remembering how darkly he described that time...I never want him to go back there, I never want him to feel like that again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well I was thinking, I mean, colds can really do a number on the pressure in your head, maybe if he had one, it would be a "well it's just a cold but with your head history we don't want to risk anything" kinda thing? *clinging to hope* ....

Hypothetically:

A bad ear infection also would be the kind of thing that would prevent him from getting on a plane, I believe.

And would be a medical reason that would not be an injury.​

So I will join you in clinging to hope.

Hugs to Josh :ghug:.

musicfan80

Medalist
Oh god...why would you say that...no, he will be there, it will be fine, it has to be fine.

He may not be ready for Champs Camp - depending on how long he stays off the ice. :(

Deciding to stay optimistic - we haven't heard of any specifics or updates - especially from him or someone else official.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

(ngl my main motivation for posting the hugs was just to pop Josh's thread up the listings...and put it right next to Max and Jason's threads.)

Warwick360

Medalist
OH GOOD LORD!!!! Poor guy doesn't seem able to catch a break. I really hope 2017-2018 is a season that he's free of any ailments that could hamper an athlete, or anyone for that matter.

musicfan80

Medalist
USFS Champs Camp starts in about 2 1/2 weeks. My best guess is we should definitely hear some update then. I can't see Josh getting any Senior Intl. B assisgments for September or October if he doesn't pass a monitoring session by then.

Although I don't know how flexible USFS would be with him on that - he does live and train in Colorado Springs and that could make scheduling easier for him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Josh's quote and photo are today's #WeGetUp #MondayMotivation from USFS:

Sad Josh news about Skate Dance Dream this weekend: https://instagram.com/p/BWav28th1nO/. ...

Going back to Skate Dance Dream's Instagram on Jul 11, I think this part seemed to be intended to prevent undue pessimism:

"... we hope to see each of you cheer him on later this season in his pursuit of a potential Olympic berth."​

In any case, best to Josh :ghug:.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, no news about Josh yet? I keep hoping to hear something.

This is standard Josh protocol, unfortunately. Even in the years he's not been injured. :laugh: He just likes to keep things under the radar.

USFS Champs Camp starts in about 2 1/2 weeks. My best guess is we should definitely hear some update then. I can't see Josh getting any Senior Intl. B assisgments for September or October if he doesn't pass a monitoring session by then.

Definitely. We'll definitely have news at Champs Camp. I am sure of it. Oh, I can't wait to see his smiling face there again, looking for him and finding him in the group picture, combing everyone's social media for glimpses and rumours.

Wonderful! Such a Josh quote and so apt. And I'm so glad they chose him. I feel sure it's a sign, a sign that all is going as it should.

Going back to Skate Dance Dream's Instagram on Jul 11, I think this part seemed to be intended to prevent undue pessimism:

"... we hope to see each of you cheer him on later this season in his pursuit of a potential Olympic berth."​

I had not seen that before, and I am so glad. It reinforces my hope that perhaps Josh just had a cold or flu.

luckyguy

Match Penalty

I'm a little worried when I see that. I hope he has no depression. I wish the best for Josh.

LRK

Record Breaker

Such a beautiful, inspiring quote from Josh! - Thanks for sharing!

And the best to him going into this season. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When will we know if Josh is attending?

Probably not until the group photo is published, unless he sneaks into other peoples' social media pics (but this is Josh we're talking about). We didn't find out he wasn't at Camp in 2015 until the group photo was published without him in it.

He should be there, since he has NHK Trophy. All GP skaters go. I'm sure he'll be there. He...he has to be there...please...:cry:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Probably not until the group photo is published, unless he sneaks into other peoples' social media pics (but this is Josh we're talking about). We didn't find out he wasn't at Camp in 2015 until the group photo was published without him in it.

He should be there, since he has NHK Trophy. All GP skaters go. I'm sure he'll be there. He...he has to be there...please...:cry:

IIRC, I think the class photo usually is taken towards the end of the first day? (Off topic: At golden hour, as Max hopefully would say, LOL ;).)

So I hope/hope/hope that we will have the opportunity to see Josh's face today.
That said, will mention that absence from the photo would not necessarily be 100% foolproof indication of absence from Champs Camp.
Mirai attended most of 2015 Champs Camp, but was not in the class photo (b/c of a personal commitment elsewhere when the photo was taken).