Kazuki Tomono | Page 229 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

kwanette

Final Flight
I mean what is even there to say apart from this sport is a complete 🎪

Shaidorov is not my cup of tea but he deserved his win. However, looking at protocols, both in the SP and FS, Tatsuya was scored fairly whilst Kazuki was underscored. Once again we can see JSF's✨ strategy✨ in action, ensuring the younger skater is on top. Truly despicable.
Check out the protocols.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I mean what is even there to say apart from this sport is a complete 🎪

Shaidorov is not my cup of tea but he deserved his win. However, looking at protocols, both in the SP and FS, Tatsuya was scored fairly whilst Kazuki was underscored. Once again we can see JSF's✨ strategy✨ in action, ensuring the younger skater is on top. Truly despicable.
I would rather say the chosen ones, than the younger ones. Shun Sato is underscored, too, if you have seen him skate this season. In two seasons he did huge progress, but not his scores. Clearly, Kazuki Tomono is not a chosen one.

kwanette

Final Flight
I would rather say the chosen ones, than the younger ones. Shun Sato is underscored, too, if you have seen him skate this season. In two seasons he did huge progress, but not his scores. Clearly, Kazuki Tomono is not a chosen one.
Shun is a tidy, correct skater.Do I think that he projects? No. But, I like him way more than Kao..and probably more than Sota. I will behave. Kazuki said he had not decided who he was using as a choreographer...for the coming season..

KiraraChin

Medalist
Check out the protocols.
Protocol legit reminded me of the 'is it crack?' Barbie meme, because legit that's the only explanation. In what world Halston deserve 7s in PCS? In what world those beautiful 3Aeu3S and 3F2A combos deserved ridiculously low GOE?

If you watch the skate, you will see the that scoring was completely detached from reality

Whilst I agree that Shun has been underscored over the course of his career, I think lately he's been scored really well, certainly much better than Kazuki. Furthermore, it was in justifying the choice of Shun (5th at Nats) over Kao (4th at Nats) for 4CC, that JSF mentioned their infamous ✨ strategy✨ and 'the points we want to increase'.
So while Shun is certainly not the main beneficiary, he is included whereas Kazuki is excluded, and the most logical explanation is that this is due to a difference in age rather than a huge difference in skill. So their situations are completely different, and these days I wish Kazuki was treated by the fed and judges in the same way as Shun 😩

KiraraChin

Medalist
But speaking of positive things. Certain things can't be bought or manipulated, and we all have eyes to see that Kazuki's skating is gorgeous and we all have hearts that are filled with love for him. I hope Kazuki sees the love not only from fans at competitions, but also from lots of us on social media, from the publications and sponsors that support him, and from the fellow skaters and professionals that respect him. This is something that no amount of crazy judging will be able to take away from him 😤

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Whilst I agree that Shun has been underscored over the course of his career, I think lately he's been scored really well, certainly much better than Kazuki. Furthermore, it was in justifying the choice of Shun (5th at Nats) over Kao (4th at Nats) for 4CC, that JSF mentioned their infamous ✨ strategy✨ and 'the points we want to increase'.
So while Shun is certainly not the main beneficiary, he is included whereas Kazuki is excluded, and the most logical explanation is that this is due to a difference in age rather than a huge difference in skill. So their situations are completely different, and these days I wish Kazuki was treated by the fed and judges in the same way as Shun 😩

I have finally seen both the SP and FS of Tatsuya and Kazuki, and have to agree with you 100%. I really enjoyed both of his programs, and barely remember the two mistakes. He was a joy to watch, and both programs flowed fast, my concentration wasn't slipping even for a second.
I would like to see Kazuki's artistry rewarded more. Yes, he's rightly ahead of all others in PCS, but not as much as he deserves IMO. While I have nothing against Tatsuya (or Shun), watching Kazuki was a whole different level despite the initial mistake, light and fast and flying over the ice where the other looked OK but labored and not such a natural.
I'm with Kirara here, to me as well, Kazuki was underscored on PCS (should have been very close to 9 overall in all categories save maybe choreo), and on GoE. I don't understand the difference in GoE between Tatsuya's FS and Kazuki's. If anything, other than the initial mistake, Kazuki's elements looked more effortless to me.
I also agree with Kirara on Shun being underscored in relation to Kao (I guess it can be attributed to Kao being super fast). But not in relation to the older boys like Kazuki and Sota. Him getting higher any PCS (other than choreo) than either of them is a joke to me, sorry, and same for spin and step GoE. To my eyes, and those of some commentators I heartily agree with, he's behind them in expression and emoting, posture, extension and arm/hand tension, spins, acceleration, smoothness, and glide, Nope, not underscored IMO. If anything, I'd have him a full point behind Sota and Kazuki in PCS, but we're seeing the exact opposite as long as he hits his jumps. Typical example of PCS/GoE of everything tied to jump success/cleanness IMO. Thank heaven they're not doing the same for Shaidorov yet, and he's scored accurately. Where I'd diverge from Kirara's opinion is that I think Shun is not being supported on PCS/GoE because of his age, but because of his consistency and jumping skills. Of course, his age doesn't hurt if one is JSF planning a strategy for the future...
(If any smileys as a disagreeing reaction to my post, frownies please if I may ask a favor; I don't understand the meaning of these weird 'Think' smileys that don't really tell anyone anything.)

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I watched Kazuki friday last, and he made me so happy. Sure, he made a mistake on the 4t but the rest of the skate was so wonderful. And let's not forget the sportmanship! He was (and I saw it) applauding Tatsuya, helping him into his jacket, being supportive). Wow! Missed the FS, but the SP was just great!

KiraraChin

Medalist
I have finally seen both the SP and FS of Tatsuya and Kazuki, and have to agree with you 100%. I really enjoyed both of his programs, and barely remember the two mistakes. He was a joy to watch, and both programs flowed fast, my concentration wasn't slipping even for a second.
I would like to see Kazuki's artistry rewarded more. Yes, he's rightly ahead of all others in PCS, but not as much as he deserves IMO. While I have nothing against Tatsuya (or Shun), watching Kazuki was a whole different level despite the initial mistake, light and fast and flying over the ice where the other looked OK but labored and not such a natural.
I'm with Kirara here, to me as well, Kazuki was underscored on PCS (should have been very close to 9 overall in all categories save maybe choreo), and on GoE. I don't understand the difference in GoE between Tatsuya's FS and Kazuki's. If anything, other than the initial mistake, Kazuki's elements looked more effortless to me.
THIS! 100% I also have nothing against Tatsuya, I'm glad he did well, but Kazuki's jumps (and elements in general) were way more effortless apart from a couple of mistakes. Yet, the GOE said the opposite... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because what I see on the ice does not match the scoresheet at all when it comes to Kazuki, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

I watched Kazuki friday last, and he made me so happy. Sure, he made a mistake on the 4t but the rest of the skate was so wonderful. And let's not forget the sportmanship! He was (and I saw it) applauding Tatsuya, helping him into his jacket, being supportive). Wow! Missed the FS, but the SP was just great!
I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for letting us know about his sportsmanship, he is really so sweet 🥹

Here's Kazuki receiving some gifts from fans 💗

KiraraChin

Medalist
Starting off with some news:

1. Kazuki's article about Kassouya + National Winter Sports was the most popular article on non-no last week. Pretty impressive considering non-no is a fashion magazine and there was nothing about fashion in the article!

2. A new Mainichi article will be published today! He will continue his series talking about his memorable programmes

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Then, Kazuki's Mainichi column was updated, this time focusing on the programmes he had in his final junior season. As usual, it's behind a paywall but they published a quote talking about how he started working on ballet that season and his whole posture changed. The first picture of the article is also super cool!

Also yesterday, non-no announced Kazuki's calendar had begun shipping, and in fact some lucky fans already posted on Twitter they have received it 😍
With the completion of Tomono-san's last competition of the season and his return to Japan, the 'Kazuki Tomono Calendar' will soon be on its way to you 💌 The calendar is already displayed in Tomono's home. We hope you will spend every day with him as spring arrives 🏠 Stay tuned for more 'Tomono's Monogatari' in the upcoming off-season!

Finally, just wanted to share this super cute illustration and message from a fan:
May that summer that you ran through with Koza still be one of the engines for you to move forward.
I was so happy to meet you at One Piece On Ice, Tomono-kun. You gave me the best memories.

I wish you all the best in the future. Thank you for your hard work on the season!

KiraraChin

Medalist
Japanese fans continue to post pictures saying that their Kazuki calendar has arrived 🥹

All the pictures are cute and cool and really nice, but not only that, the pictures and words make me smile and feel happy. It's full of Tomono-kun's personality and it fills my heart with joy

A fan illustration of the calendar cover:

KiraraChin

Medalist
A fan posted a picture of the month of May, not only super cute, but it seems that the calendar is at least partially in English? Is it possible that they were also thinking of us, international fans, when creating this calendar? 🥹

... and non-no is strongly hinting at more Kazuki merch in the future... I feel my pocket hurting already 😅💸

Last edited:

Figskater23

Final Flight
A fan posted a picture of the month of May, not only super cute, but it seems that the calendar is at least partially in English? Is it possible that they were also thinking of us, international fans, when creating this calendar? 🥹

... and non-no is strongly hinting at more Kazuki merch in the future... I feel my pocket hurting already 😅💸

They should have Kazuki sweaters, hats and t-shirts available to international fans! I would totally buy them!