Kazuki Tomono | Page 232 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist
A nice article about the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival, with some really good pics: https://www.tvguide.or.jp/feature/feature-2792221/
Here's the DeepL translation of Kazuki's quote:
The event's grand finale was Tomono, who finished third in the Challenge Cup 2024 in February. When this season's free skate "Halston" started, the air in the rink changed completely. In response to a call for an encore, he performed the '22-'23 season's short 'Happy Jazz'. The mood of his expression changed drastically from the serious image of "Halston", and his sharp and fun performance with a slow and fast pace brought smiles to the audience.

In the interview, he said: 'The All-Japan Championships was a great competition, but I have to improve my ability to win in the high level of Japanese men's competition. I think jumps are my problem, so I want to focus on quadruple training." Looking ahead to next season, "My goal is to represent Japan at the World Championships and win more medals. I want to compete in a variety of competitions and win, and with the Olympics two years from now, I want to go 'full throttle' next season and finish the year with good results.

non-no also announced yesterday that the next Tomono's Monogatari article is being published next week :love2:

Finally, an update from Hiraike-sensei. It seems that the 'Hiraike Cup' is going to take place tomorrow, 24/03. There's no confirmation, but it's likely Kazuki will appear!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Following Worlds, Kazuki finishes the season in 11th for both world standings and season's best:
That's not bad at all considering his lack of championship assignments this season.
Congrats to Kazuki! As you say, that's a good result, all things considering. It should easily win him 2 GP next season.
I hope there's also a Kazuki Cup in Osaka in the future :biggrin:

Figskater23

Final Flight
Following Worlds, Kazuki finishes the season in 11th for both world standings and season's best:
That's not bad at all considering his lack of championship assignments this season.

It seems he had fun yesterday at the Hiraike Cup:

He also posted about the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival broadcast today:

Again fingers crossed for Skate America since he hasn’t done it since 2019 (I think?).

KiraraChin

Medalist
https://nonno.hpplus.jp/article/122015 Great article..He got his own apartment!
Thank you for sharing! Again, such a wonderful article 😍

I feel proud of him and also touched that he is now a fully-fledged adult living on his own 🥹 I'm so happy that he found a hobby that allows him to enjoy his time alone, and I smiled when I read about other skaters visiting the 'Tomono cafe'.

Sooooo interesting to know more about his current training, I'm so relieved he is working on his basics instead of an adding a new quad! The connection between practising compulsory figures and jumping is surprising, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm really excited now to see how this practice will affect his skating.

Also, I liked that he reassured his fans that he was invited to a lot of shows, but he made sure he will have time to practice. Has he been reading this forum? lol But seriously, I'm glad he understood that having time to practice in the off-season is important, last year it was too hectic.

Finally, his 'trouble consultation' room made me laugh! But I like that he said that he doesn't want to be seen as someone special, because he trusts us, his fans 🥹

Meanwhile, would you buy real estate from this gentleman? I totally would!

Daiichi Jukken also revealed there's a Kazuki autograph in a new location in Osaka:

They also updated their supported athletes page. I hope this means they will continue to support Kazuki beyond the 2023-24 season :pray:

Figskater23

Final Flight
Thank you for sharing! Again, such a wonderful article 😍

I feel proud of him and also touched that he is now a fully-fledged adult living on his own 🥹 I'm so happy that he found a hobby that allows him to enjoy his time alone, and I smiled when I read about other skaters visiting the 'Tomono cafe'.

Sooooo interesting to know more about his current training, I'm so relieved he is working on his basics instead of an adding a new quad! The connection between practising compulsory figures and jumping is surprising, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm really excited now to see how this practice will affect his skating.

Also, I liked that he reassured his fans that he was invited to a lot of shows, but he made sure he will have time to practice. Has he been reading this forum? lol But seriously, I'm glad he understood that having time to practice in the off-season is important, last year it was too hectic.

Finally, his 'trouble consultation' room made me laugh! But I like that he said that he doesn't want to be seen as someone special, because he trusts us, his fans 🥹

Meanwhile, would you buy real estate from this gentleman? I totally would!

Daiichi Jukken also revealed there's a Kazuki autograph in a new location in Osaka:

They also updated their supported athletes page. I hope this means they will continue to support Kazuki beyond the 2023-24 season :pray:

What’s the Tomono Cafe? I think he and/or someone on his team (not sure who specifically) sees the forum. How long does he practice per week again? I can’t remember which article it was from. I really wish we could ask him questions and that he could answer. I’ve always known Kazuki is a normal man who loves life. He is really awesome. I would totally buy real estate from him. He looks the part. So distinguished. 😊

KiraraChin

Medalist
Mr. Hirake put this up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/C5BH5SjJGzT/ He is too much!
LMAO the whiplash of seeing this on the same day as the Daiichi Juken super-professional picture 🤣

A couple more updates from the Hiraike Cup:

Meanwhile, there's another press release this morning re: the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival broadcast
The Kyoto Figure Skating Festival 2024 took place on Saturday 9 March at the Kyoto Aquarena. GAORA SPORTS will broadcast this event on 31 Mar (Sun) at 8pm. A total of more than 30 skaters, including Kazuki Tomono, who competes on the world stage, as well as Novice and Junior Japanese champions based in Kyoto, will perform and dance magnificently on the ice.
Also appearing as a guest is Sota Yamamoto, winner of the 2023 Skate Canada Grand Prix Series and third in the All-Japan Championships. Yamamoto was invited by Tomono to participate in this year's event. Yamamoto said: 'Kazuki invited me and I'm looking forward to competing with him. I hope I can make the event even more exciting".

The programme will also take you behind the scenes with Tomono and Yamamoto and the other contestants. They also talk about their thoughts on the event and the numbers. There will also be a finale choreographed by Tomono on the day of the event, and the programme will include all the rehearsal footage.

Kazuki's quote: 'I hope that the event, including the finale, will convey the joy of skating and other aspects of skating as much as possible. Kyoto is my second home. I have a lot of feelings for it, so I want you to enjoy it.'

Last edited:

Figskater23

Final Flight
LMAO the whiplash of seeing this on the same day as the Daiichi Juken super-professional picture 🤣

A couple more updates from the Hiraike Cup:

Meanwhile, there's another press release this morning re: the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival broadcast
The Kyoto Figure Skating Festival 2024 took place on Saturday 9 March at the Kyoto Aquarena. GAORA SPORTS will broadcast this event on 31 Mar (Sun) at 8pm. A total of more than 30 skaters, including Kazuki Tomono, who competes on the world stage, as well as Novice and Junior Japanese champions based in Kyoto, will perform and dance magnificently on the ice.
Also appearing as a guest is Sota Yamamoto, winner of the 2023 Skate Canada Grand Prix Series and third in the All-Japan Championships. Yamamoto was invited by Tomono to participate in this year's event. Yamamoto said: 'Kazuki invited me and I'm looking forward to competing with him. I hope I can make the event even more exciting".

The programme will also take you behind the scenes with Tomono and Yamamoto and the other contestants. They also talk about their thoughts on the event and the numbers. There will also be a finale choreographed by Tomono on the day of the event, and the programme will include all the rehearsal footage.

Kazuki's quote: 'I hope that the event, including the finale, will convey the joy of skating and other aspects of skating as much as possible. Kyoto is my second home. I have a lot of feelings for it, so I want you to enjoy it.'

I’ve listened the videos a bunch of times and I still can’t figure out what Kazuki shouted in both of them.