Ladies OGM Contenders 2018 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies OGM Contenders 2018

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am expecting big breakthrough of Mai Mihara. this off season she has been paying a lot of attention to her second mark, She was in Cricket Club and got LP from David Wilson, She has good jumps and no technical issue. If she is as consistent her PCS will rise as she will have much better packaging. I am not expecting her to win gold as Zhenya is pretty much a lock if something very unexpected happens, but I am sensing Mihara can be quite in a mix for silver or a bronze, considering that fact that neither Osmond nor Daleman, or US ladies are consistent enough. At 4cc after Satoko's WD Osmond entered as overwhelming favorite, instead Mihara won and Osmond was left out of podium,we all know she can bomb terribly. Despite most of people thinking Satoko, Marin or Waka with 3A are contenders leaving Mai out, My gut feeling is saying Mai will be a very dangerous underdog out there.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Judges are more than ready to prop the Canadian ladies if they hit. They jump and skate big. They need to capitalize on this. It may sound cheap but they need to skate to a gladiator/dramatic music especially Daleman. Its the Olympics, emotions will be overflowing. And ofcourse they need to skate clean.

Few of the ladies can beat Evgenia in the SP but its the LP where she slay them all. Either beat Evgenia in her own gameplan ala Zagitova, or come up with a better program where you can match her TES+GOE and be consistent enough. I really do think 3A is the way to beat a consistent Evgenia.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I am expecting big breakthrough of Mai Mihara. this off season she has been paying a lot of attention to her second mark, She was in Cricket Club and got LP from David Wilson, She has good jumps and no technical issue. If she is as consistent her PCS will rise as she will have much better packaging. I am not expecting her to win gold as Zhenya is pretty much a lock if something very unexpected happens, but I am sensing Mihara can be quite in a mix for silver or a bronze, considering that fact that neither Osmond nor Daleman, or US ladies are consistent enough. At 4cc after Satoko's WD Osmond entered as overwhelming favorite, instead Mihara won and Osmond was left out of podium,we all know she can bomb terribly. Despite most of people thinking Satoko, Marin or Waka with 3A are contenders leaving Mai out, My gut feeling is saying Mai will be a very dangerous underdog out there.

The biggest hurdle for Mai is getting to the Olympics in the first place. Not getting on that Olympic podium, imho. :)

Marin

Record Breaker
The biggest hurdle for Mai is getting to the Olympics in the first place. Not getting on that Olympic podium, imho. :)

It is just my gut feeling what I wrote here, of course she might not even make the team in that bloodbath, we shall see what happens :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Despite most of people thinking Satoko, Marin or Waka with 3A are contenders leaving Mai out, My gut feeling is saying Mai will be a very dangerous underdog out there.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think Mai has great potential and her music choice for her FS this coming season is lovely and I think with her consistency and the left over impression from last season, she'll be able to go very far. I'm rooting for her to make even more of a splash this coming season. I'm again, however, left incredibly sad we'll only be able to see two of the Japanese ladies at the Olympics.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I honestly think that, unless a delayed puberty hits her HARD, Medvedeva is the only gold medal contender unless something truly dramatic happens this season.

EXTREME dark horses would be Zagitova and Satoko. I think that's it, again, unless something truly dramatic happens. I don't see any other realistic gold medal contender.

Podium contenders though is a very interesting question and it will be fun to see what happens. I could see any of up to 8 ladies sneaking onto the podium depending on what happens.

Marin

Record Breaker
Yeah, I agree with this. I think Mai has great potential and her music choice for her FS this coming season is lovely and I think with her consistency and the left over impression from last season, she'll be able to go very far. I'm rooting for her to make even more of a splash this coming season. I'm again, however, left incredibly sad we'll only be able to see two of the Japanese ladies at the Olympics.

I feel you, I love all three Satoko, Mai and Wakaba. Japanese nationals will be quite a trauma for me :sad4:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I feel you, I love all three Satoko, Mai and Wakaba. Japanese nationals will be quite a trauma for me :sad4:

Between Satoko, Marin, Mai and Wakaba only 2 of them will go to the Olys... or one ? Any other japanese lady possibly in sight ?

I don't like the fact that Japan has only 2 spots :disapp:

Marin

Record Breaker
Between Satoko, Marin, Mai and Wakaba only 2 of them will go to the Olys... or one ? Any other japanese lady possibly in sight ?

I don't like the fact that Japan has only 2 spots :disapp:

Only 2 of them will go .
There is Kaori Sakamoto who has a good potential but I don't think she can make it in her debut season, neither Yuna Shiraiwa. So most likely 2 out of above mentioned 4 will go.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Only 2 of them will go .
There is Kaori Sakamoto who has a good potential but I don't think she can make it in her debut season, neither Yuna Shiraiwa. So most likely 2 out of above mentioned 4 will go.

We didn't think Mai could make it onto the world team at this point last season. Kaori & Yuna are more decorated than she was last year on the junior circuit.

So, yes, there are a lot of athletes that have the ability to go. I think whoever makes the team will be strong because the battle is likely to be fierce.

slider11

Medalist
I think those that predict Medvedeva are forecasting the likely outcome. But I'd like to throw Gracie Gold's name in as a she pulls together a career high, magnificent program. Gracie seems to have matured and there is a quiet confidence building. Even at her worse the judges loved her. She's a dark horse but my eyes are on her.

Warwick360

Medalist
I think those that predict Medvedeva are forecasting the likely outcome. But I'd like to throw Gracie Gold's name in as a she pulls together a career high, magnificent program. Gracie seems to have matured and there is a quiet confidence building. Even at her worse the judges loved her. She's a dark horse but my eyes are on her.

Quiet Confidence? Are you basing this from shows? From what I've read, even at shows, there's a bit of an uncertain feeling emanating from her.

Don't get me wrong, I like her and I want her to come out all guns blazing in the next season, but if this last season is anything to go by, she really has much improving to do both mentally AND physically. Also, strategically too, if one were to note her lack of replacement of flip with a loop in SP.

Crabe 93

Spectator
My personal wish :
1 Evgenia Medvedeva
2 Satoko Miyahara
3 Elena Radionova

4 Marin Honda
5 Ashley Wagner
6 Anna Pogorilaya

My more real predictions :
1 Evgenia Medvedeva
2 Alina Zagitova
3 Gabrielle Daleman

4 Anna Pogorilaya
5 Satoko Miyahara
6 Marin Honda

Crabe 93

Spectator
It makes me sad but I don't think Gracie Gold will be selected in the Olympic team :'(
She lost too much mentally :(

mrrice

Record Breaker
My heart says.

1. Med

2. Osmond

3. Wagner/Satoko

My head says......Ask me in 6 months;)

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I think Zagitova and Osmond are Med's biggest competition but I still think Med has it in the bag if she's as consistent as she has been for the past two seasons. Plus, if she adds a Rippon here and there then she'll be undeniable.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think Zagitova and Osmond are Med's biggest competition but I still think Med has it in the bag if she's as consistent as she has been for the past two seasons. Plus, if she adds a Rippon here and there then she'll be undeniable.

I really need to see Zagitova compete as a senior. She is my "Upset Special" This biggest difference between Zagitova and Hughes in 2002, is the depth of the rest of the field. There are so many skaters that have World Medals this time around.

withwings

On the Ice
My heart says.

1. Med

2. Osmond

3. Wagner/Satoko

My head says......Ask me in 6 months;)

Your heart, I believe, indeed can sense how things might turn out ( except-somehow I am sure- that Med is NOT going to win).

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
My personal wish :
1 Evgenia Medvedeva
2 Satoko Miyahara
3 Elena Radionova

4 Marin Honda
5 Ashley Wagner
6 Anna Pogorilaya

My more real predictions :
1 Evgenia Medvedeva
2 Alina Zagitova
3 Gabrielle Daleman

4 Anna Pogorilaya
5 Satoko Miyahara
6 Marin Honda

Not sure if an oversight, but surprised by your list Crabe excluded any mention of Kaetlyn Osmond. The 3 medalists this years were miles apart from others in the field at Worlds. I don't see Kaetlyn out of the mix for the podium, in 2017-18.