Random thoughts about music choices | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Random thoughts about music choices

Persimmons

Rinkside
Maybe some other fan can give you a link, but Brian was never totally on board with Hope & Legacy because he thought the quietness of the music wouldn´t suit the judges taste. Yuzuru still choose to keep the program (and it was a very difficult process because Hisaishi has denaid permission to modified his pieces before, I think it was for Takahiko Kozuka), and some still argue that H&L was underscored.

It's true, but at the end of the day, the number doesn't matter, the podium does. The podium is what's remembered in terms of history and legendary programs. So I do think Yuzuru is brave for sticking to his guns and forcing change even if at perhaps some numerical cost to himself. The issue is so many skaters are sheltered and surrounded by a generation that is stuck in the past. They're not even in touch with their own generation! I think Nathan is one of the few exceptions.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I'm really not sure if this is the right thread, but I really want to see a pairs team do an androgyny-themed program. Maybe to Phillip Glass?