On the Ice
PAIRS
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Tarasova/Morozov
3. Yu/Zhang
4. Seguin/Bilodeau
5. Zabiako/Enbert
6. Peng/Zhang

Just realized that I put Peng/Zhang instead of Peng/Jin in 6th. Of course it's my only correct placement. Scorers please be kind to me.:slink:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Okay, the results of ladies SP.

The most popular prediction is not doing that well: it has just 100 points of 240. The average score among all participants is a bit better: 106

I bet against Russian podium. It was clever. But I bet against Osmond as well. That has been not so clever. I like her this season: I just thought that the statistics will play a role aggravated by the jet lag. But Kaetlyn was perfect. Still, I am still beating the average with 110.

What about the overall leaders? The leaders are the leaders. Everybody, except sarahjoanne with 100, has 120 i.e. more than the average It means that the overall standing still holds more or less: sabinfire is in the lead with 425. Well, well, well. Ice Diva did it again - master of the unusual predictions nailed everything but the relative place of Anna vs. Satoko. So, it is 160 and 425 overall as well.

Actually, justgotaskate, Moxiejan, and Sarahsynchro also have 160 after SP. But they are not in the race for the overall gold.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
:yahoo: Thanks - I like that phrase "master of the unusual predictions." :biggrin: The women are all so close that it comes down to who rotates the jumps and/or makes the fewest errors. Free skate should be a nail biter! Except for 1st.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
:yahoo: Thanks - I like that phrase "master of the unusual predictions." :biggrin: The women are all so close that it comes down to who rotates the jumps and/or makes the fewest errors. Free skate should be a nail biter! Except for 1st.

In fact, you should lead with 240. Satoko was not called for the obvious UR on 3T. If it happened you would be the only one with the perfect predicition.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
there's still a lp to come... :) but i love your enthusiasm... signed.. a bitter player who was truly screwed with pairs...
In fact, you should lead with 240. Satoko was not called for the obvious UR on 3T. If it happened you would be the only one with the perfect predicition.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just posting here to let the scorers know that I have sent them an urgent e-mail, and for them to make sure they read it before they do their scoring.

Because I forgot that there was some confusion when these rules were used for Worlds last season. And it appears that the confusion has arisen again.

(Must remember to re-word the rules for the ISU Game...)

CaroLiza_fan

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Big score improvements after the free program

Gold: Lysambre
with 190 points

Silver: Skater Boy; Dark_Ace88; Pippuripihvi
with 170 points

Bronze: Shoma One; Jagger; lady_bee
with 160 points

Congratulations to all!! :clap: :hap57:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Based on what happened this year, next year I'm just going to toss the names for each event into a randomizer and submit the results as my predictions. It'll probably be just as accurate as the people who legitimately try to predict based on previous scores and events.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
And now final scores for ladies competition. The medals go to those who guessed the correct podium. Yes, the podium gave 120 points (90+30) a big boost for sure. But the long time leader sabinfire has managed to keep the bronze despite not getting the podium!

Gold: Pippuripihvi; Shoma One
with 450 points

Silver: lady_bee
with 430 points

Bronze: sabinfire
with 425 points

Congratulations and good luck in other disciplines! :hb:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Men's Results are in!

Gold Medal : HanDomi, pherx4, theskatingbutterfly, Skater Boy, Mrs. P, moonkat, cer and Pippuripihvi with 140 points!!! :yahoo::hap57::clapper:

Silver Medal : Crossover, sunnystars, Tastetherainbow, blackey, Nathan13, Daniel1998, da96103, Karpenko, icekiwi, bobbob, umeko_yur1tasukee, invisiblespiral, Fetinia, Sugarpova, Sabrina, sunnyouyang, mirai4life, xibsuarz, Greta, NoNameFace, ssffww, MeltedIce, Shoma One, Dark_Ace88, Hyena, Marius, LA143, matmuh, daphenaxa, Jagger, desertskates, Alchamei, lady_bee, Kirei, nikki51, lightsout, narcissa, sequinsgalore, HR4, berry8 and daylightescapades with 120 points!! :hap93::clap:

Bronze Medal : apgold, Becki, text_skate, TTM, LeeJiHye19, Pere, StitchMonkey and Lysambre with 110 points! :gclap:

unfortunately we dont have Top 3 or Top 6 bonus but who could have guessed this outcome :slink::dbana:

Congratulations to all, as usual tell me if there are any mistakes :agree: (will enter scores to scoresheet tomorrow though :biggrin:)

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Big score improvements after the free program

Gold: Lysambre
with 190 points

Silver: Skater Boy; Dark_Ace88; Pippuripihvi
with 170 points

Bronze: Shoma One; Jagger; lady_bee
with 160 points

Congratulations to all!! :clap: :hap57:

OMG A GOLD MEDAL :yahoo:

For the one event I had absolutely no idea how to order and for which I actually changed my predictions :rofl:

Just awesome XD

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Based on what happened this year, next year I'm just going to toss the names for each event into a randomizer and submit the results as my predictions. It'll probably be just as accurate as the people who legitimately try to predict based on previous scores and events.

The past couple of weeks I have tried to get away from doing research, and have found that my results have improved.

The saying goes that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Well, in the Predictions Game, too much knowledge is even more dangerous!

I wouldn't go with a randomiser, though. You do need to factor in some variables.

Just go with what you feel. Not what numbers (or machines) say.

CaroLiza_fan

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The past couple of weeks I have tried to get away from doing research, and have found that my results have improved.

The saying goes that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Well, in the Predictions Game, too much knowledge is even more dangerous!

I wouldn't go with a randomiser, though. You do need to factor in some variables.

Just go with what you feel. Not what numbers (or machines) say.

CaroLiza_fan

In fact a random guess has the expected score of 60 (for the final). The actual average for 135 players was 110 which surely beats it. Now, suppose we "know" one result. Like Medvedeva won the last 15 or so competitions she participated in. So everyone bets on her win but the rest of placements is random. Here the expected score is 90. It is closer but still lower than what we have here. Hence, I would think that making conscious bets is still better than random guessing.

....of course, one day she will lose.

Last edited:

ptskate

Rinkside
Here are the pairs results. There are no bonuses, for podium or total placements. If fact no one predicted T/M to win.

Gold With 140 points:
Pippuripihvi

Silver With 120 points:
voolfee, Sackie, noctiluca, TTM, NoNameFace, matmuh, psusanne, casualfan, evergreen

Bronze With 100 points:
Crossover, naz, Marin, Tastetherainbow, Kittosuni, shyne, Daniel1998, Violetti, Starsfan84, apgold, nox1, Karpenko, theskatingbutte, rfly, bobbob, SnowWhite, silverfoxes, invisiblespiral, Fetinia, Skater Boy, [email protected], Totentanz, sunnyouyang, xibsuarz, Lydia1703,
koatcue, sunn1ly, ines42575, Greta, randomfan, sarahjoanne, alebi, lennicky, MeltedIce, ptskate, Mrs. P, Shoma One, Dark_Ace88, Hyena, Marius, Pere, LA143, sweetsugar1613, nipman, glorybox6, breynows, Jagger, Xorasy, ladykk, Debrah, mis751, LadyB, semosk8tfan, OS, slider11, lady_bee, Kirei, lightsout, sequinsgalore, berry8, sabinfire, Ice Diva, hydroblader, TheGrandSophy, daylightescapades

PM me if you find any mistake.

Last edited: