Tall and Statuesque Skaters Club | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tall and Statuesque Skaters Club

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Adding a couple of juniors that I noted for being tall in the JGP this year (all heights from their ISU bio):

Men single
Betrand Zeusef ZURIEL 183 cm (INA) - 17 y.o. (he's SUPER tall for Indonesian standards!)
Casper JOHANSSON 178 cm (SWE) -17 y.o

Women single
Annika CHAO 167 cm (USA) - 14 y.o.

What's amazing is that all of them are still teenagers so they may have room to grow even more! :biggrin:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adding a couple of juniors that I noted for being tall in the JGP this year (all heights from their ISU bio):

Men single
Betrand Zeusef ZURIEL 183 cm (INA) - 17 y.o. (he's SUPER tall for Indonesian standards!)
Casper JOHANSSON 178 cm (SWE) -17 y.o

Women single
Annika CHAO 167 cm (USA) - 14 y.o.

What's amazing is that all of them are still teenagers so they may have room to grow even more! :biggrin:
added

Remilia

On the Ice
I've never considered myself to be tall, but according to this list, I apparently am :laugh: (5'4. Unfortunately, I'm American, so I can't say for sure what that is in cm)
I also wouldn't consider any guy under like, 178cm to be tall, but that's just me. Ofc, I realize the list is just for fun

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I've never considered myself to be tall, but according to this list, I apparently am :laugh: (5'4. Unfortunately, I'm American, so I can't say for sure what that is in cm)
165 cm, roughly. About 2 1/2 cm = 1 inch. I'm a bit shorter than you and a semi-retired pairs skater. I was always the tallest pairs girl by several inches on the ice at event practices, and on the top end of average in the dining room when women singles (small, but taller on average than pairs) and dancers (mostly taller than singles) were in the mix. But clothing manufacturers put me in the Petite range. Depends who you hang out with :scratch2::ghug:
I also wouldn't consider any guy under like, 178cm to be tall, but that's just me. Ofc, I realize the list is just for fun
My husband was 5'10" and I considered him to be average height, but then all the men in my family were very tall, 6' up to 6'7", as were my several pairs partners over the years (and both my sons now). Again, it depends on what your eyes are used to, I guess. Can also depend on posture. Some kids who grow earlier than their peers slump out of embarrassment and it gets to be a habit. My oldest brother was 6' tall at 13, eventually 6'4", but really only started to stand up straight when he was in university and met the 5'11" girl he eventually married. :love:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I understand inches but I am too lazy to count- yes there are counters in internet, but I am still too lazy. My husband is 180 cm and I don't think he is tall, quite average in Nordic countries. I am 155 cm and I am tinier than average women in Finland. About who will grow, it is very individual also. I was 153 cm at the age of 13, so I did not grow at all any more when I was 15. But my father had grown even when he was already 18. My son's are 174 and 175, they never had big growth spurt, they just grew steadily. It is the same with skaters, some may grow rapidly, some may not any more - and women usually stop growing earlier than men. But it is easier to pick tall skaters if they are already tall when they still grow, tiny skaters may not be tiny after some months if they are young. Skaters are in average tinier than people, maybe one reason is some give up after growing if they loose jumping techniques and don't get it back. I don't know, I just guess. People's average height is raising every decade, maybe it is the same with skaters as there are now so many tall (good) ones.

RobinA

On the Ice
The things I find interesting about this is the people who I thought were short - and aren't, and the people I thought were tall - and weren't.

I am a 5'7" female, so pretty tall by female figure skating standards. I always thought Todd Eldredge was tall until I stood in an elevator with him. And Candoloro the same height as Stoyko? That was unexpected. I also though Urmanaov would be taller and Christopher Bowman would not be as tall as he was. Although I never saw Bowman in person until he was much more, uh...filled out than he was when he was competeing. Interesting.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Artem Kovalev is already 190 cm.
Petr Gumennik is 184 cm.

Addition:
Egor Rukhin 183 cm
Yauhenii Puzanau 185 cm
Both are single skaters

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
This will surprise no one. Jennifer Robinson is my favorite tall lady. Plus, she's gorgeous and sweet. Love Her.....

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Selma Välitalo, Fin. 170 cm.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
After watching Nationals, I would like to nominate Austrian singles skater Luc Maierhofer with 183cm.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How nice do cartwheels look when you are Noah Bodenstein 191cm tall?
1695918737514.jpeg