Volosozhar/Trankov have a daughter! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Volosozhar/Trankov have a daughter!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, Stephane was the first person to know that Tanya was pregnant.:)

I know! Shows how good friend he is that he noticed a subtle differences in Tanya :) I'm sure he received a photo of happy parents with a baby :biggrin:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I want to know if they are coming back to compete at the olympics - oh i so hope. I miss them but I won't hold my breath.

liv

Record Breaker
I wonder what her first name is... and if they'll post a picture of the new family together? So happy for this duo that their dreams have so far all come true.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Do we have one of those beautiful Russian names yet? Maybe they will name her after Nina Mozer?

Until 50 shades of Grey Anastasia was my favourite name in the whole world. I used to say that if I had a daughter I'd name her that Anastasia Alexandrina. Then my friends (I was 15 at the time) kept pointing out to me A) how unbelievably pretentious that sounded and B) in all likelihood I would not be marrying a Russian (they are sort of thin on the ground here in Eastern Ontario) so it would be inappropriate.

Also, I think names are too similar. I considered Laura Diana, but decided that I shouldn't use two names ending the same. Many people switch to their middle name if they don't like their given name (some temporarily, some permanently). You want to give them a meaningful choice. I know an Edith and a Mildred; both use their middle names.

janav

On the Ice
Angelica is beautiful name. How does one write it in cyrillic? Ангелица? How does one pronounce it? I'm guessing it's with hard 'g'?
I'm lowkey envious of all those patronyms and Maximovna may be the coolest of them all. :love:

siela

On the Ice
Angelica is beautiful name. How does one write it in cyrillic? Ангелица? How does one pronounce it? I'm guessing it's with hard 'g'?
I'm lowkey envious of all those patronyms and Maximovna may be the coolest of them all. :love:

No, in cyrillic it is written as Анжелика and pronounced as 'anzhelika'.