What's your top 5 of Worlds 2018 ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5 of Worlds 2018 ?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forgot one

Chantelle and Andrew setting yet another new PB for their SD...with Andrew still skating in freestyle boots and blades. :cool:

Oh, and Emergency Backup Max.

rain

Record Breaker
I have only been able to watch ladies and dance:

Osmond LP and winning gold
Higuchi LP and winning silver
Hubbell/Donahue free dance
Weaver/Poje free dance and stepping back onto the world podium
Gilles/Poirier free dance

Honourable mention to Paradais/Cizeron FD, Hawayak/Baker FD

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In no particular order:

Alexei Bychenko's and Laurine Lecavelier's SPs
Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte's farewell FD
Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron's everything
Likewise Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot
Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres on the Worlds podium at last

libecha

Rinkside
1. Savchenko/Massot entire Worlds. As we saw from other dumpster fires, coming here just a month after the Olympics and skating lights out was a really tall order, but they exceeded even the highest expectations. 245.84! And Bruno's face when that number came up was absolutely hilarious. I suspect this was the finale for both of them, and what a spectacular way to go out. What a story they both are, together and separately.

2. Wakaba FS and winning silver after not even making the Olympic team. What a redemption for her, and a beautiful program.

3. Nathan Chen FS and winning by 50 points. More because of the sense of relief to finally get a nice, clean program after the shocker of that final group. Can't wait to see what he's like in 2022.

4. The crowd. They were great. They were high-energy, into all the music, cheering and urging skaters on when they faltered. And it was definitely noticed by the skaters, several commented about it.

5. Not a "top" moment in the traditional sense, but Boyang Jin and Alina Zagitova FS--because I'm definitely going to remember it, and was in total disbelief as I was watching it happen.

Merjan

On the Ice
Aljona / Bruno FS,
Wakaba FS,
Gabriella / Guillaume SD,
Gabriella / Guillaume FD,
Carolina SP

cell

On the Ice
1. Papadakis/Cizeron FD ...just glorious to see it live
2. Misha Ge FS - same
3. Anna/Luca FS - such an emotional skate
4. Matteo Rizzo - FS. Love this program
5. Osmond FS... That program really grew on me... Or Loena FS...at least someone in the ladies event used good music!

Wilwarin

On the Ice
Wakaba Higuchi FS
Deniss Vasiljevs FS
Carolina Kostner SP
Mikhal Brezina FS
Kazuki Tomono FS

Sad for some splashes but happy to see some promising new faces, also thrilled to see clean (and near clean) skates from earlier groups!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Deniss, Kazuki, Alexei Bychenko, Misha Ge, and Dima (not quite as clean as the others, but still terribly underscored compared to the absolute crapfests of the final group of men, Nathan aside)

Thank you boys for not flopping and falling everywhere and giving the audience thoroughly enjoyable performances. I'll add Donovan and Matteo as honorable mentions. This is the men's skating that I came for.

In ladies - Kaetlyn and Loena were the only ones I want to remember here. Well done, ladies. (Wakaba's FS was good too. I just hate Adele and that song)

Pairs - James/Cipres FS and S/M FS...well, I find it rather pretentious and don't think it's the omg greatest artistic masterpiece ever - but the seamless combo of flawless technique and artistry was definitely something to remember. Can't argue with their win.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
* Aljona and Bruno; everything including the ex.
* ’I love it’ that Kaetlyn won gold.
* Max supporting his little brothers :biggrin:
* Kolyada after disappoinments winning a well deserved world medal!
* Majorov in twelth place with a Swedish record securing two GP spots
(really hope he skates on and uses them) :clap:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) Nathan Chen's FS - He didn't need to do 6 quads to win, but he made a statement here that the Olympics SP meltdowns were a fluke and he's here to slay. Slaythan, indeed. Stay healthy!
2) Wakaba Higuchi FS - such redemption for her and a demanding tech layout with two 3ltz/toe jumping passes. Her artistry is improving so much and look forward to seeing her develop further!
3) Kaetlyn Osmond FS - I thought the "Black Swan" was not the best fit for her, but she really sold it, especially in the step sequence. I'm glad she finally got that gold!
4) H/D FD - thank goodness no stumbles and they skated it the best all season. I think they made the case that their Nationals title wasn't a fluke.
5) Carolina Kostner's SP - I thought she deserved that gold small medal with great artistry and tech content. Too bad she couldn't sustain it in the long.

Honorable mentions to S/M breaking the record again in Pairs, J/C on their bronze, Loena Hendrickx having two strong programs and PB scores, Bradie Tennell for landing in 6th place and Satoko getting a bronze medal despite the fluke fall in her FS.

A hat tip to the retirees who skated their best here, Misha Ge and C/L!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Deniss, Kazuki, Alexei Bychenko, Misha Ge, and Dima (not quite as clean as the others, but still terribly underscored compared to the absolute crapfests of the final group of men, Nathan aside)

Thank you boys for not flopping and falling everywhere and giving the audience thoroughly enjoyable performances. I'll add Donovan and Matteo as honorable mentions. This is the men's skating that I came for.

In ladies - Kaetlyn and Loena were the only ones I want to remember here. Well done, ladies. (Wakaba's FS was good too. I just hate Adele and that song)

Pairs - James/Cipres FS and S/M FS...well, I find it rather pretentious and don't think it's the omg greatest artistic masterpiece ever - but the seamless combo of flawless technique and artistry was definitely something to remember. Can't argue with their win.

That’s ten but you are excused. We all probably answered wrongly to the original post :biggrin:

'What's your top 5 of Worlds 2019'

Danibellerika

Medalist
1)Wakabond redemption. I wish the world could have seen this at the Olys!
2)Savchenko and Massot's SP and LP. Still partial to the Olys myself since I was actually there, but man what a follow up!
3)Satoko's SP.
4)Caro's SP win.
5)Vanessa and Morgan making the podium.

MIM

Medalist
It is not the top 5. But I really liked the Bronz medalists of the event. Pairs, Dance, men, ladies.. every bronze medalist is my sentimental favorite, in a sense that they are of so much quality, but not rewarded often. I am satisfied to see their silent cry finally be heard.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

1. Misha winning bronze
2. TM winning silver
3. Piper & Paul - everything
4. Team Italia (Pairs) - all were wonderful
5. WeaPos winning bronze

Additional shoutout to Tiffany Zagorski's Russian flag nails!
Biggest heartbreak: Alina and Alexa Knierim falling apart.

viennaskater

Medalist
I don't know because I don't have a time machine which transports me to the World Championships in 2019.

corynna

On the Ice
In no particular order:

1. Aliona/Bruno FP
2. Papadakis/Cizeron FP
3. Carolina Kostner SP
4. Wakaba Higuchi FP
5. Nathan Chen FP

LaArdilla

Medalist
In no particular order:

-Nathan Chen for actually staying on his feet and winning in such a fashion after the huge fail that was the last group
-Papadakis/Cizeron everything - just mind-blowing
-Hubbel/Donohue's silver - FINALLY! (and entire FD competition, actually, especially the last group - one PB after the other, amazing)
-James/Cipres's bronze - FINALLY!!!
-the Italians: Luca and Anna and Carolina - fantastic performances, I'm heartbroken that neither could medal here
-Aljona and Bruno - no words needed here, please don't retire!

(ooops, that's 6, sorry!)

edenlover

On the Ice
In no particular order:

-Nathan Chen for actually staying on his feet and winning in such a fashion after the huge fail that was the last group
-Papadakis/Cizeron everything - just mind-blowing
-Hubbel/Donohue's silver - FINALLY! (and entire FD competition, actually, especially the last group - one PB after the other, amazing)
-James/Cipres's bronze - FINALLY!!!
-the Italians: Luca and Anna and Carolina - fantastic performances, I'm heartbroken that neither could medal here
-Aljona and Bruno - no words needed here, please don't retire!

(ooops, that's 6, sorry!)

Well, I needed your 6! You hit the nail on the head for me!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
- Wakaba FS
- Cappellini\Lanotte FD
- Carolina SP
- Papadakis\Cizeron FD
- Deniss FS