4. Weaver / Poje's FD
5. Kazuki Tomono's LP

sakurano

Final Flight
My Top 5 of this world

1 - Wakaba Higuchi: what an incredible comback after this SP a great champion
2- Satoko Miyahara SP: this program will miss me I love his step sequence
3 Nathan Chen Lp; he deserved his victory, he progresses little by little
4- Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN LP: it was the first time I saw the program of this beautiful discovery couple
5- The program of Anna and Lucas was so moving to see them cry and hug at the end of the LP

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
In no particular order and cannot limit myself to only five...

Ladies: Kostner and Miyahara SP, Higuchi FS
Pairs: Savchenko and Massot SP, FS and EX
Men: Messing SP, Vasiljevs FS and EX
Ice dance: Weaver and Poje SD, Capellini and Lanotte FS and EX

E

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. Savchenko/Massot FS - seeing them deliver at both the Olympics and Worlds.
2. Gilles/Poirier FD - these two don't get enough recognition for their innovation.
3. Higuchi FS - superb.
4. Osmond FS - the performance as a whole wasn't as good as the Olympics, I thought, but Kaetlyn winning gold based on winning the long program is something a lot of people thought she couldn't do.
5. James/Cipres FS - thrilled that they finally got to the Worlds podium, and Vanessa handled that nasty fall amazingly well.

Jedi

On the Ice
My top five for 2018 n0t 2019 World Championships are:

1. Kaetlyn Osmond's shocking win.
2. Nathan Chen's win.
3. Weapo winning bronze
4. Savchenko and Massot's freeskate
5. Kostner's sp

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Top 5 in no particular order:
--Wakaba SP & FS
--Deniss V. SP & FS
--Valentina & Ondrej SP
--Anna & Luca FD
--Max -- Thank you for helping to keep our 3rd spot for the men!!! :clapper:

Honorable mention: Carolina SP, Kazuki SP & FS, Aliona & Bruno SP & FS,

Huge shout out to the amazing audience. This was my 3rd World's, and this was by far the most fun crowd of the 3. Thank you!

ETA -- Forgot to mention how much fun it was to meet No Name Face, Winnie 20, and Latremu for the first time, and to see Remy Rose again both on the Jumbo-tron :)rofl:) and in person...Also enjoyed meeting many fellow Shoma fans when I passed out the key chains I had made.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
Can anyone tell me why Worlds is considered the last comp of the season? I know there are a few B comps coming up. Just wondering. Thanks!

(Sorry for being :eek:topic: . I'm just curious)

mrsaybia

Rinkside
1. Savchenko/Massot SP and FS
2. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
3. James/Cipres FS
4. Marchei/Hotarek SP
5. Cappellini/Lanotte

So difficult, as the audience made the difference too during some programs! They were so great when someone didn't skate well. Great atmosphere!!

By the way, has anyone a cold after or during the Worlds? It was our first Worlds and both of us are sneezing and coughing our lungs out right now and during the competition! But that's worth it, as it was a time to remember!

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Mikhail Kolyada SP
2. Wakaba Higuchi FS
3. Kazuki Tomono FS
4. Savchenko/Massot FS
5. Tarasova/Morozov SP

mrrice

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn was everything to me. Seriously. seeing her put it all together when it mattered was very emotional and it gave one of my favorite moments of the entire season.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn was everything to me. Seriously. seeing her put it all together when it mattered was very emotional and it gave one of my favorite moments of the entire season.

Mr. Rice, we missed celebrating together after all these years of fandom and support. Bless you for believing, and thanks for thinking of me last Friday, as I did you. Our girl did great!!!

I look forward to a repeat in 2019! ;)

williewonka

Rinkside
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of anyone's views and by trying to make it objective, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that after much thought and consideration, I completely forgot what I was going to say.

bewitched

On the Ice
I was there in the audience in Milan and for me the most impressive performances were -

5. Nathan Chen is not one of my favourites but showed strong mentality after the splat fest of the other top skaters and after the Olympics fiasco - a well-deserved win!

4. P/С - I finally understood why they receive such high scores, it is visible how they quickly change the dynamics of their skating and not many skaters do that so expressively

3. Loena Hendrickx - the free skate was phenomenal and I loved her reaction at the score - she deserved an even higher one, she should have been placed above Bradie!

2. Wakaba Higuchi - I wasn't a fan until I saw her live - the music really suited her, it was dramatic and cool, she really nailed the step sequences, the jumps were strong and powerful and she really reminded me of Midori Ito and Mao regarding the strength and determination to prove herself - she definitely won me as a fan.

1. Deniss Vasiljevs - I am actually surprised he didn't get 5th or 4th place, his artistry, technique and overall performance were superb... he was one of the skaters who set the crowd on fire (:) Programs full of quads and falls made the audience anxious and I personally couldn't enjoy these performances because I was expecting the worst. And when Deniss skated I just watched and enjoyed it.

I was really heartbroken for Alina. I expected and wanted her to win but it was clear and visible how tired she was... we were all clapping and encouraging her during her free skate and in the end I was crying along with her, I am sure other people were crying as well... but the results were fair, unfortunately - next Worlds will be her Worlds, now she has something to fight for and will not be at peace until she wins!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I was there in the audience in Milan and for me the most impressive performances were -

5. Nathan Chen is not one of my favourites but showed strong mentality after the splat fest of the other top skaters and after the Olympics fiasco - a well-deserved win!

4. P/С - I finally understood why they receive such high scores, it is visible how they quickly change the dynamics of their skating and not many skaters do that so expressively

3. Loena Hendrickx - the free skate was phenomenal and I loved her reaction at the score - she deserved an even higher one, she should have been placed above Bradie!

2. Wakaba Higuchi - I wasn't a fan until I saw her live - the music really suited her, it was dramatic and cool, she really nailed the step sequences, the jumps were strong and powerful and she really reminded me of Midori Ito and Mao regarding the strength and determination to prove herself - she definitely won me as a fan.

1. Deniss Vasiljevs - I am actually surprised he didn't get 5th or 4th place, his artistry, technique and overall performance were superb... he was one of the skaters who set the crowd on fire (:) Programs full of quads and falls made the audience anxious and I personally couldn't enjoy these performances because I was expecting the worst. And when Deniss skated I just watched and enjoyed it.

I was really heartbroken for Alina. I expected and wanted her to win but it was clear and visible how tired she was... we were all clapping and encouraging her during her free skate and in the end I was crying along with her, I am sure other people were crying as well... but the results were fair, unfortunately - next Worlds will be her Worlds, now she has something to fight for and will not be at peace until she wins!

What bewitched, ...you were there and can't remember the skates of either the Ladies champion or the outstanding Pairs winner? Too bad that the results in your opinion, were ''fair, unfortunately'' was it? The majority here felt the results were more than fair, and didn't have to pay $3,000 to come to this conclusion. Btw, did you ask for your money back?

bewitched

On the Ice
What bewitched, ...you were there and can't remember the skates of either the Ladies champion or the outstanding Pairs winner? Too bad the results in your opinion, were ''fair, unfortunately'' was it? Did you ask for your money back?
Are you a troll or something? The thread is about your FIVE (not 10 or 20) personal favourite performances, of course there were many well-done skates and Osmond was great and deserved to win, I just listed the five skates that were the most impressive for me personally. Not everyone in this thread has mentioned Kaetlyn or S/M, why did you decide to be mean exactly to me? And I wasn't at the Pairs Free skate, although it would have been great to watch S/M make history. I said 'unfortunately', because Alina is my favourite female skater and I was hoping that she would win, nothing wrong with this. You really need to calm down.

The World Championships in Milan was one of the greatest experiences in my life and if I can, I will repeat, if there is another big competition in Europe - the emotion and the atmosphere are just incredible and I wish to everyone here (yes, even to you), to watch such great skaters live. It's worth it.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Are you a troll or something? The thread is about your FIVE (not 10 or 20) personal favourite performances, of course there were many well-done skates and Osmond was great and deserved to win, I just listed the five skates that were the most impressive for me personally. Not everyone in this thread has mentioned Kaetlyn or S/M, why did you decide to be mean exactly to me? And I wasn't at the Pairs Free skate, although it would have been great to watch S/M make history. I said 'unfortunately', because Alina is my favourite female skater and I was hoping that she would win, nothing wrong with this. You really need to calm down.

The World Championships in Milan was one of the greatest experiences in my life and if I can, I will repeat, if there is another big competition in Europe - the emotion and the atmosphere are just incredible and I wish to everyone here (yes, even to you), to watch such great skaters live. It's worth it.

With close to 2,000 posts to date, versus 12, I am hardly a troll, I just find your phrase of "fair/unfortunately'', a bit of an oxymoron. Shouldn't we always want results to be, fair? How is that unfortunate? Just sayin'.

bewitched

On the Ice
With close to 2,000 posts to date, versus 12 posts to date, I am hardly a troll, I just find your phrase of "fair/unfortunately'', a bit of an oxymoron. Shouldn't we always want results to be, fair?
I am sorry that it doesn't sound right to you, English is not my native language. The results ARE fair, I just feel sorry for Alina, that's all, no need to exaggerate.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I am sorry that it doesn't sound right to you, English is not my native language. The results ARE fair, I just feel sorry for Alina, that's all, no need to exaggerate.

No problem, it just sounds in English, like you are a very sore loser. I am sure that was not your intent and will say that this was likely due to language differences. ;)