What's your top 5 of Worlds 2018 ? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5 of Worlds 2018 ?

williewonka

Rinkside
Geez some fanatics here.

My top 5 are:

1. Ice Dance’s 3 Hottest Men on the podium together (thanks Scott for avoiding the Worlds)

2. The Splatfest that’s the final group in Mens FS then saved by Nathan

3. Missing Javier and Yuzuru

4. Bruno’s cute emotive expressions

5. None of the girls intrest me

viennaskater

Medalist
Geez some fanatics here.

My top 5 are:

1. Ice Dance’s 3 Hottest Men on the podium together (thanks Scott for avoiding the Worlds)

2. The Splatfest that’s the final group in Mens FS then saved by Nathan

3. Missing Javier and Yuzuru

4. Bruno’s cute emotive expressions

5. None of the girls intrest me

Numbers 3 and 5 don't count as 'top 5' - you seemed to have missed the point of this thread.

Spinning

On the Ice
1. S/M FS. Respect for Aliona!
2. Wakaba and Satoko won medals after their tough season.
3. Nathan pull it off after OG.
4. Vincent SP.
5. Osmond finally had two great skates.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well, it is quite late, but after being live in Milan and with Easter weekend rolling after that I just gathered myself and my thoughts a bit regarding Worlds.

The 'top' thing was to be there in person - it was my first event attended live and the experience really surpassed my expectations: live interactions with skaters, chatting with them, seeing that beauty in person, living through every skate - better or worse, seeing those gorgeous costumes up close, absorbing the atmosphere, people, unity, the feeling of being moved to tears, all the joy from victories (bigger and smaller) and sadness from failures experienced with equal force...It was something I will never forget.

When it comes to performances, there were just too many for me than just 5, so I will make the list long and a bit like walk on memories' lane;):

- Aljona/Bruno - both programs were great for me, FS was a divine experience to witness: the highs and lows of movement, Bruno's strength, Aljona's presence, their cooperation, extension of every moment, how the program just flowed with music. It was pure harmony. I feel privileged to have a chance to see Aljona in all her glory and Olympic winning program;

- Vanessa/Morgan - let me just tell You, she is a Queen from Steel and one of the most beautifully radiant people I've ever seen and met:love: - she clearly feeds of every interaction with fans, gives out the joy and enthusiasm. I met her up close twice: after VC when they both signed my French flag (shouting from stands that she's the best and her recovery from that nasty fall was legendary, crying in process from emotions) and few days later when she was at one of meet-ups. And Morgan is an epitome of hotness - and seeing him so emotional was so great! Their FS I'll also carry as one of the most moving memories;

- Piper/Paul - :love:,what can I say? Gorgeous people all the way! A special memory due to fact I've met them first from all skaters, when they've walked from practice. I gave them all the praise about originality, keeping their stuff interesting and willing to explore, their gorgeous costumes and having an idea for themselves. Piper was elated from my babbling, she is so tiny and beautiful in person! And both their programs really shone like gems in Milan: from attire, through musicality, original approach, styling to execution that was soooo good: the flow, fantastic lifts, staying in character...I screamed my lungs at both programs, being quite an entertainment for my neighbours in sector:laugh:

- Satoko - she really proved how incredible her musicality is, how sensible her skating is, delicately-looking, but powerful. I was only live at SP, but boy - they way she built the atmosphere, her body movement, edge work, hands, head gestures to emphasise musical accents, the step sequence that gave me goosebumps, her spins...It really made up to a stunning effect I felt deeply. And she's just grace and elegance personified!

- Kaetlyn - an amazing performer, no doubt for me about this - yes, there were issues in SP, but for me she really carried the spirit of the music and flair of choreography forward, with no hesitation, attacking it. Very powerful skating, her jumps are big indeed, explosive - and there is something about her presence, stance, expression, carriage that catches eyes, the way she's confident and engaged into performance;

- WeaPo - seeing them up close at practices was :drama: - both so gorgeous people, so well-matched and with chemistry off-charts. They were also a favourite couple from my photos for my workmates and my mom ;). There was this sensuality about their performances, even in practices, sophistication, but not proclaimed and separating from audience, but warm and approachable. I was at loss a bit, because I wished for medal for them, but not at expense of Anna/Luca who also were fab. I really hope they will continue for 1/2 more seasons and come to Europe to make me go to see them again!

- Keegan - now, that was something I still smile about! Such personality that draws you inside of the performance, speed, carriage, elegance, clear thought and purpose about how his performance is supposed to look and feel like. He was an absolute joy to watch - and the crowd went all along! My another cherished chat and signature on the flag, spotting him after SD in stands - at this point I was already that hilarious person who fish out the flag and go for signature, my Italian co-spectators sure had fun with me;)

- Natalia/Maks- Polish pride, I was gutted to see them after FD like this, but well...SD was fire and I enjoyed every second, and there is TV cameo somewhere as I made a case to give them flower 'in person' :laugh:

- Italians - all were fantastic crew for me, especially Matteo Rizzo, Valentina/Ondrej and Carolina. Anna is a doll in person and her dresses are the best indeed and Matteo Guarise is way too hot for any ice. His FS with Nicole was very emotional and laid out with force, despite the fall. Carolina just made me cry and my whole row full of Italians in SP, she's truly one of a kind...

- Madison/Evan - I just want to tell that her presence and natural dancing abilities are fantastic and that their lifts are master class!

- Kana/Chris - loved both performances and she's a beauty up close!

- Kristina/Alexei - I was glad they came and I saw them live, because I have a soft spot for them, Alexei seems such a great guy (same with Alexei Bychenko!) and seeing him up close was definitely one of highlights (they are all just so fit, all muscle!)

- Evgenia/Vladimir - a stunning duet, perfectly matched in stance, elegance, presence. With beauty like some fairies - and the skating, SP was just amazing - the lines, extension, harmonious feel...About FS...I really think it was a great idea to make a program like that, but not in such messy form: seeing them after Germans and French really showed off flaws of that design, choppiness of music cuts, strange changes of tempos, cringe value of those lyrics...They are so much more above that and worthy every effort to showcase all qualities they have!

- Kaitlin/Jean-Luc - I wanted to hug Kaitlin so badly after that SD fall:(...Seeing Liebestarum FD in person was a gift - just splendid and perfect in its design, simple lyricism and authenticity transmitted onto audience. Jean-Luc is a class on his own in everything for me.

- Tiffani/Jonathan - they are such fun to watch (at least in SD), she sure catches eyes, stunning lady with radiating smile!

- Alexandra/Ivan - another gorgeous couple, her hair is everything! SD was very enjoyable, she has her issues, but the improvement is very visible for me when I compare some old videos

- Kailani - Aussie Queen:love:, such a cutie, beautiful and gracious, her hug and signature made my first day so enjoyable!

- Shoma and Kazuki - their musicality is really something else, I felt really sorry for Shoma, but in FS he really showed his fighting spirit by that recovery, and Kazuki just won the crowd over, everything about his debut was soon point, such talent!

- Deniss - if I was a fan before Worlds, he really made me a super-fan after! Such personality and presence while performing, he seems quite shy off-rink, but there is something natural about him and his transformation on ice, he is so genuine in person. I got that Latvian flag with mission to get it signed - and made it, along with chat with maestro Stephane who is A-MA-ZING in person!

-

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Top 5 in no particular order:
--Wakaba SP & FS
--Deniss V. SP & FS
--Valentina & Ondrej SP
--Anna & Luca FD
--Max -- Thank you for helping to keep our 3rd spot for the men!!! :clapper:

Honorable mention: Carolina SP, Kazuki SP & FS, Aliona & Bruno SP & FS,

Huge shout out to the amazing audience. This was my 3rd World's, and this was by far the most fun crowd of the 3. Thank you!

Dear Arriba - my another 'top' was meeting You there! And yes, the crowd was just amazing to be part of!:bow:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dear Arriba - my another 'top' was meeting You there! And yes, the crowd was just amazing to be part of!:bow:

I just edited my post to include the fun of meeting you and other GSers. Can't believe I forgot to include that! I hope our paths will cross again! :rock:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I just edited my post to include the fun of meeting you and other GSers. Can't believe I forgot to include that! I hope our paths will cross again! :rock:

I would say, meeting either one of you at a skating event would be my #1, irrespective of skates and results! So glad you had this opportunity, and perhaps we shall see you here in Canada, in 2020!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would say, meeting either one of you at a skating event would be my #1, irrespective of skates and results! So glad you had this opportunity, and perhaps we shall see you here in Canada, in 2020!

:thank: Thank you! Right now I am very hopeful for the next Sk Can (since it is pretty close to me) and will make my decision on attending based on who is skating there. I am hoping for Shoma. I've gone 2 years in a row and loved it! My skating buddy and I who travel together to US competitions already are planning for Worlds 2020! See you then! :hap10: Oops, sorry for the OT! :eek:topic: :hijacked: