Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info

macy

Record Breaker
anyone know what the deal is with icenetwork? hoping they get the stream back up before the ladies begin.

LRK

Record Breaker
Interesting. We also onlyhave 2 videos on the British Eurosport Player, but they are the LIVE coverage of the Pairs SP and the LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS.

Apart from that, the only things in the Winter Sports section are episodes of "Chasing History" and THREE (!) copies of the LIVE coverage of the Women's Final from the World Curling Championships

Oh, and I am so jealous that you still have the old interface for the Videos section. We have had the new interface for about a week now, and it is useless.

By the way, both of this morning's snooker matches finished within about 2 minutes of each other about 10 minutes ago.

Also, in case anybody did not notice, for the first time this week, there is no cycling on today. And as a result, Eurosport is able to show the morning figure skating competition LIVE for a change. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

BES2 11:00 – 14:15 Short Dance LIVE

So, that should be just in time for the start of Group 4, if my calculations are correct.

See, it wasn't the snooker that was preventing Eurosport showing the figure skating. It was the cycling!

Because push bikes take priority over EVERYTHING else! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Well, I can report that on Swedish Eurosport the 5.00 program was - surprise, surprise! - pairs. I cannot personally vouch for the 8 o'clock one, but I am going to go out on a limb and make a stab in the dark that it might possibly... perhaps... perchance... also have been pairs. Just as a wild guess.;)

But, not counting that one, on Swedish Eurosport we had:

Pairs FP highlights: 4
Men's SP highlights: 0

Still, it could be worse. No, really, it could. There have been the times when Swedish Eurosport has SHOWN one program, and the SOUND, belonged to another. Now, I don't watch tennis, but I presume one can mute the ski jumping audio and still enjoy the tennis as shown - but in figure skating I sort of think the sound is crucial. In a way.;)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Well, I can report that on Swedish Eurosport the 5.00 program was - surprise, surprise! - pairs. I cannot personally vouch for the 8 o'clock one, but I am going to go out on a limb and make a stab in the dark that it might possibly... perhaps... perchance... also have been pairs. Just as a wild guess.;)

But, not counting that one, on Swedish Eurosport we had:

Pairs FP highlights: 4
Men's SP highlights: 0

Still, it could be worse. No, really, it could. There have been the times when Swedish Eurosport has SHOWN one program, and the SOUND, belonged to another. Now, I don't watch tennis, but I presume one can mute the ski jumping audio and still enjoy the tennis as shown - but in figure skating I sort of think the sound is crucial. In a way.;)

8am program was pairs indeed on BESP - they are mad it is official...

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
anyone know what the deal is with icenetwork? hoping they get the stream back up before the ladies begin.

Anyone know how long they've been down? I woke up 2 hours ago and it appears they'd been down a couple hours already. Did the show any of the short dance before going down?

Nathan13

Medalist

Anyone know how long they've been down? I woke up 2 hours ago and it appears they'd been down a couple hours already. Did the show any of the short dance before going down?

It looks like it *may* be back up...You can now click on "watch worlds live" and I have a blue screen with the logo...Only time will tell how long it will last...I'm very curious what actually took that long to fix? I'm ticked about it, but I'm moreso insanely interested what the problem was...

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It looks like it *may* be back up...You can now click on "watch worlds live" and I have a blue screen with the logo...Only time will tell how long it will last...I'm very curious what actually took that long to fix? I'm ticked about it, but I'm moreso insanely interested what the problem was...

Thanks! It took some refreshing before I got the blue screen. 🤞🏻it stays that way once the ladies start in a half hour or do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LIVE coverage of the Ladies FS on BBC started a few minutes ago on their interactive channel, Red Button 1.

Short Dance Highlights just started on Eurosport 1.

And I'm going to finish off the Ladies SP.

CaroLiza_fan

Santey

Match Penalty
Why can't you guys just use livetvDOTsx? Or it's blocked in your country? So, use addons, such as browsec, zenmate and others.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Short Dance Live labelled as Free Pairs Live on my sky! And I lost the count of how many repeats of Pairs competition already were aired - 7 -8? Someone at British Eurosport is either a mad fanatic of pair skating or just plain lunatic. My yesterday which could have been such a great day as my favourite, Kolyada, skated brilliantly in the short, was ruined ruined ruined thanks to Eurosport. Oh how I hate snooker!!! I took a day off work yesterday and in the end I only saw Javi & Patrick to skate and could not even record it for some reason. Whereas at work where I have much faster internet connection I could have probably sneakily watched some of the men! :dev2::devil:

I'm going for lunatic.

With regards the Men's SP, to be fair, no highlights being shown was not the fault of the snooker. Yes, the snooker over-ran by a huge amount. But, the schedules for Thursday had been changed on Wednesday. So, somebody at British Eurosport made a conscious decision that they would not be showing the highlights programme for the Men's SP.

Notice I said British Eurosport. Because Eurosport Deutschland did show the full 47m 09s Men's SP highlights programme on Thursday, at 15:07 CEST on ESP1. (I haven't checked any other versions of Eurosport Player to see if they showed it too).

So, given that the highlights programme was actually made, what was to stop British Eurosport showing it instead of some of the many Pairs FS highlights programmes?!

And as for the Men’s FS, well I cannot understand at all what British Eurosport are playing at!

To see why I say that, here are today’s schedules for Eurosport Deutschland and British Eurosport.

Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein (All times adjusted to BST to make comparing easier)

Eurosport 1 DeutschlandEurosport 2 Deutschland
07:30 – 10:30:
Snooker Semi-Final 1 LIVE
07:30 – 08:45:
Short Dance Highlights
10:30 – 11:30:
WATTS
08:45 – 13:00:
Men’s FS LIVE
11:30 – 11:55:
World Superbikes Qualifying Highlights
13:00 – 13:15:
WATTS
11:55 – 13:00:
World Superbikes Race 1 LIVE
13:15 – 14:00:
World Superbikes Race 1 Highlights
13:00 – 16:00:
Snooker Semi-Final 2 LIVE
14:00 – 15:30:
Short Dance Highlights
16:00 – 18:15:
Free Dance LIVE
15:30 – 16:15:
18:15 – 19:10:
Men’s FS Highlights
16:15 – 16:50:
World Touring Cars Season Preview
19:10 – 19:15:
Eurosport News
16:50 – 18:30:
Snooker Highlights
19:15 – 20:00:
18:30 – 19:20:
19:20 – 21:00:
Free Dance Highlights

UK and Ireland (All times in BST)

British Eurosport 1British Eurosport 2Quest
07:00 – 10:30:
07:00 – 07:15:
British Supersport – Brands Hatch 2012
07:00 – 11:00:
10:30 – 11:30:
Cycling – Tour of Flanders 2016
07:15 – 07:45:
European Rally Championship Highlights
11:00 – 12:00:
Wheeler Dealers
11:30 – 12:30:
Snooker Semi-Final 1 Highlights
07:45 – 09:15:
World Superbikes Highlights (Thai round from 3 weeks ago)
12:00 – 12:30:
How It’s Made
12:30 – 16:00:
09:15– 14:00:
World Superbikes Qualifying, World Supersport Qualifying, and World Superbikes Race 1 LIVE
12:30 – 15:30:
16:00 – 18:15:
Free Dance LIVE
14:00 – 14:45:
Speedway Highlights
15:30 – 16:00:
How It’s Made
18:15 – 20:10:
Men’s FS Highlights
14:45 – 15:45:
16:00 – 17:00:
Railroad Alaska
15:45 – 18:00:
British Superbikes LIVE
17:00 – 18:00:
Mighty Trains
18:00 – 20:00:
Snooker Highlights
18:00 – 19:00:
Wheeler Dealers
19:00 – 20:00:
Salvage Hunters

British Eurosport always shows more coverage of the qualifying from the World Superbikes than Eurosport International does. So, to allow for this, the Superbikes were moved over from Eurosport 1 to Eurosport 2, displacing the LIVE coverage of the Men’s FS.

BUT, the snooker is ALSO being broadcast LIVE on Discovery’s Free To Air channel, Quest. So, why on Earth was the first snooker semi-final not taken off Eurosport 1?! That way the longer World Superbikes coverage could have been shown on there, and the LIVE coverage of the Men’s FS could have been kept on Eurosport 2.

Whoever is in charge of British Eurosport’s schedules obviously has something against Men’s Singles Skating.

With BBC red button I don't know what to think- I managed to add the only channel available on the list which sounded hopeful - BBC RB1. But it does not seem to follow the schedule on the website most of the time it is showing Glastonbury festival. However when I turned it on last night (without any hope just out of sheer stubbornness), there were Pairs Free Live to my surprise and delight. I am clinging to a hope that I will be able to watch Men Free tomorrow morning but I am not too hopeful. Why after paying €39 monthly (on the top of €160 annually for TV licence!!!) I have to be subjected to this ordeal I really do not know...

Red Button 1 is indeed showing the Men's FS LIVE. The music stuff is just on a loop in between important things.

BBC RB1 08:40 – 13:15 Men’s Free LIVE

HOWEVER, please be aware that the Free Dance is NOT being shown LIVE, as every Saturday afternoon they show hours on end of Radio 5's football commentary accompanied by a results page. Silly, I know! But, it will be shown in full later on Red Button 1 this evening.

BBC RB1 17:50 – 21:40 Free Dance

Caroliza I think we should send a complaint or something from the GS as well as individually to Eurosport website, via facebook, twitter etc but talk about it again when Worlds are over.

I agree. I was thinking of setting up a Facebook Group campaigning for Eurosport to launch more channels so that they can show everything they have the rights for in full. But, as you say, that can wait a few days.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know, the first Snooker Semi-Final finished early at 09:15.

So, as it turned out, British Eurosport could have shown both the Snooker and the longer World Superbikes coverage on Eurosport 1, and kept the Men's FS on Eurosport 2.

They are now showing highlights of one of yesterday's quarter finals on British Eurosport 1.

I tell you, the people running British Eurosport haven't a clue! :bang: :hpull:

EDIT: I'll be watching the Superbikes until 11:00, and then I'm heading out until about 13:30. So, I won't be able to update you on any more British Eurosport schedule changes.

Sorry about that​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Guys, just to let you know that the snooker Semi-Final is currently level at 4-4. And today it is the first to 6 frames, rather than the first to 5 that we had earlier in the week.

Consequently, it looks like Eurosport 1 will not be joining the Free Dance until after the resurfacing (they were due to join it now). And how long it will be after it is anybody's guess.

(I'm watching the British Superbikes now, incidentally).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Guys, just to let you know that the snooker Semi-Final is currently level at 4-4. And today it is the first to 6 frames, rather than the first to 5 that we had earlier in the week.

Consequently, it looks like Eurosport 1 will not be joining the Free Dance until after the resurfacing (they were due to join it now). And how long it will be after it is anybody's guess.

(I'm watching the British Superbikes now, incidentally).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

CaroLiza_fan

No need to worry. The snooker has finished, just in time for Group 3.

Phew!

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
British Eurosport has the Gala listed for a 1 hour slot at 9.00pm tonight but at 11.00am tomorrow morning they have it listed for two hours.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know what I was saying yesterday about the people running British Eurosport not having a clue...

Well, there is cycling on today, so it gets priority on Eurosport 1. Consequently, the first session of the snooker final, the World Superbikes, and the British Superbikes are all being shown on Eurosport 2.

The final of the snooker is best of 19 frames: 9 in the first session, and a possible 10 in the second session.

The first session of the snooker was due to be on from 07:00 to 10:00, while the combined coverage of the motorbike racing is on from 10:00 to 18:00. And then this is followed by highlights of the second session.

The 8th frame of the snooker finished at 09:35.

Whereas Eurosport International sticks to the World Feed for the World Superbikes, which starts at 10:10, British Eurosport always have a studio discussion before, between and after races.

So, with the superbike coverage starting 25 minutes later, the wise people at British Eurosport decided to end the snooker coverage at 09:35, rather than risk another frame being longer than 25 minutes.

British Eurosport viewers were advised to turn over to Quest, while Eurosport International viewers were told to stay where they were.

To fill in the time, British Eurosport showed highlights of a British Superbike race from… 2011!!! :eek:

Better than that – the 9th frame of the snooker DID finish before 10:00! So, they could have stayed on! :mad: :bang:

So, if British Eurosport were willing to cut away from the snooker today to make sure the superbikes started on time, it makes you wonder why they couldn’t have done the same yesterday for the Men’s FS. :think:

And for those of you who still believe that it is the snooker that always takes priority on British Eurosport, well, be prepared for a shock:

British Eurosport are NOT showing LIVE coverage the second session of the snooker final!!! :jaw:

So, they insist on showing all of the tournament up to now LIVE on British Eurosport, even though it is being simulcast on Quest, and then don’t show the part that decides the champion.

???!!!

Incidentally, the second session of the snooker IS being shown LIVE on Eurosport International (the British Superbikes are put onto the Eurosport Player on the continent)

The scheduling decisions on British Eurosport just do not make sense. :confused:

When the decision was made to broadcast the whole of the snooker tournament LIVE on Quest, then priority on British Eurosport should have been given to other LIVE events. Such as the figure skating World Championships.

They have given priority to other LIVE events today, so why couldn’t they have done it the rest of the week?!

I tell you. They haven’t a clue what they’re doing! :hpull:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
You know what I was saying yesterday about the people running British Eurosport not having a clue...

Well, there is cycling on today, so it gets priority on Eurosport 1. Consequently, the first session of the snooker final, the World Superbikes, and the British Superbikes are all being shown on Eurosport 2.

The final of the snooker is best of 19 frames: 9 in the first session, and a possible 10 in the second session.

The first session of the snooker was due to be on from 07:00 to 10:00, while the combined coverage of the motorbike racing is on from 10:00 to 18:00. And then this is followed by highlights of the second session.

The 8th frame of the snooker finished at 09:35.

Whereas Eurosport International sticks to the World Feed for the World Superbikes, which starts at 10:10, British Eurosport always have a studio discussion before, between and after races.

So, with the superbike coverage starting 25 minutes later, the wise people at British Eurosport decided to end the snooker coverage at 09:35, rather than risk another frame being longer than 25 minutes.

British Eurosport viewers were advised to turn over to Quest, while Eurosport International viewers were told to stay where they were.

To fill in the time, British Eurosport showed highlights of a British Superbike race from… 2011!!! :eek:

Better than that – the 9th frame of the snooker DID finish before 10:00! So, they could have stayed on! :mad: :bang:

So, if British Eurosport were willing to cut away from the snooker today to make sure the superbikes started on time, it makes you wonder why they couldn’t have done the same yesterday for the Men’s FS. :think:

And for those of you who still believe that it is the snooker that always takes priority on British Eurosport, well, be prepared for a shock:

British Eurosport are NOT showing LIVE coverage the second session of the snooker final!!! :jaw:

So, they insist on showing all of the tournament up to now LIVE on British Eurosport, even though it is being simulcast on Quest, and then don’t show the part that decides the champion.

???!!!

Incidentally, the second session of the snooker IS being shown LIVE on Eurosport International (the British Superbikes are put onto the Eurosport Player on the continent)

The scheduling decisions on British Eurosport just do not make sense. :confused:

When the decision was made to broadcast the whole of the snooker tournament LIVE on Quest, then priority on British Eurosport should have been given to other LIVE events. Such as the figure skating World Championships.

They have given priority to other LIVE events today, so why couldn’t they have done it the rest of the week?!

I tell you. They haven’t a clue what they’re doing!

CaroLiza_fan

I often wonder who is making these decisions. Doesn't bode well for the Olympics that will only be shown on Eurosport in Germany from next year. I hope they will at least have parallel live streams for different sports, but somehow I doubt it.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I often wonder who is making these decisions. Doesn't bode well for the Olympics that will only be shown on Eurosport in Germany from next year. I hope they will at least have parallel live streams for different sports, but somehow I doubt it.

I'm still amazed that ARD and ZDF couldn't come to an agreement with Eurosport, like the BBC did over here.

And I still reckon that Eurosport will expand their linear channel line-up in time for the Olympics.

But, I just don't understand why they don't do it now, when they are already having to pick and choose what they show.

Right, gotta go. The warm-up lap is about to start for World Superbikes Race 2.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Eurosport recap program just started. Good fun when stuck at the airport. ;-)
Edit: when I'm on 4G, I get Dutch audio, when I'm on the Helsinki airport wifi, it's English. Huh... guess that makes some sense?

Last edited: