2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Great skate for Ashley. Much prefer her style over Anna's. It seems she just needs a bit more height on that triple-triple combo to enable her to get her left leg around. Looking forward to a good season for her. :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't find Anna's dress annoying at all, not even hers from last season. I love her fierce personality, which is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
Last season, the color was too strong for my eyes. But I love her dress this season, both her LP and SP.
So happy that she gets the 1st place. :yay:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
She got the highest PCS.

Deservedly so. Wagner has alot of charisma on ice. If we combined Gracie Gold's technical goods with Ashley Wagner's charisma and fighting spirit, we would have an American ladies Worlds champion.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Choreography is bit empty for Ashley I agree but there's time for her to polish it up, I'm hoping good things in the FS

Scovies

Final Flight
Ashley did pretty well, but I'm not impressed by any of Adam's choreo, unfortunately. Her presentation is great, but the program felt empty. Leonova had my favorite skate of the night.

Amei

Record Breaker
lol! Ashley just said that her strength is her maturity/skating like a woman, since she's "skating against sonograms". This girl kills me!

Did she say that?!? Pretty classless comment by her :disapp: --- calling someone a sonogram.

edenlover

On the Ice
COULD NOT AGREE MORE! Very confident, sensual, poised skate from her. and she looked stunning.

I thought her program was the best of the night. I really liked this one and didn't find it to be empty at all. Had she hit all of her elements, she'd have gotten a 36 + TES. That's competitive. I think that's the kind of program she skates best.

It wasn't as good as Michelle's (it was to die for...) but she can build and it can be stronger.

Dress was great! Hope she keeps it and doesn't go back to red like just about every other Spartacus dress.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Did she say that?!? Pretty classless comment by her :disapp: --- calling someone a sonogram.

I don't think it was classless, it was just a joke, clearly next to these girls, Ashley is very womanly and brings something different to the ice, she did say after, I'm up against these super talented teenagers or something like that, she complimented them still either way

Eislauf

On the Ice
Ashley's program - ok I guess. Choreography felt kinda bland, empty.

Her dress would look stunning on a much younger, coltish gal. Ashley is too womanly for that style, imho. I wish her costume designer would class up her dresses a bit.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Can I just say, while this may not be a popular opinion, I like Ashley's program because it's not so darn busy? It highlights the key points and crescendos more (that spread eagle!) With the super-busy programs, I end up remembering nothing but the jumps. The rest just all blurs together.

unico

Final Flight
My eyes must have glazed over during Wagner's skate, there really wasn't a lot of content in it to grab me. Hated Pogorilaya's vocals and her choreography really didn't seem to connect to the music. I enjoyed Leonova the most, but I'm most looking forward to Miyahara nailing her awesome LP tomorrow!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Kudos for Anna to change the music!!! The song is still a big =__='' to me but much better than her previous choice.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deservedly so. Wagner has alot of charisma on ice. If we combined Gracie Gold's technical goods with Ashley Wagner's charisma and fighting spirit, we would have an American ladies Worlds champion.

I really liked Ashley's program. There isn't time or reward for a spiral sequence in the short program so criticizing her for not doing Michelle Kwan's program is pointless. Ashley comes to compete, unlike the other American ladies. I also liked her costume and think she is in great shape. I hope she does well in the long program.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Can I just say, while this may not be a popular opinion, I like Ashley's program because it's not so darn busy? It highlights the key points and crescendos more (that spread eagle!) With the super-busy programs, I end up remembering nothing but the jumps. The rest just all blurs together.

The program doesn't highlight the key points and crescendos, though? She skates through them and then does jumps, which are supposed to be the highlights, too late.

This program needs a spiral sequence. It NEEDS it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I would also give Leonova the highest PCS. She was very polished in portraying her role, and the choreography is very original on multiple levels.
Ashley did pretty well, but I'm not impressed by any of Adam's choreo, unfortunately. Her presentation is great, but the program felt empty. Leonova had my favorite skate of the night.