2015 US Nationals TV and Webstream Schedules | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals TV and Webstream Schedules

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Your original reply said "for non-live events like the skating preview". Why would that be unrealistic? I see networks (including NBC) immediately cutting to the next program when another late event runs over the top of the next program.

That happens with advance and sports that make money for the network. Sadly skating is a losing proposition and you are not going to get a high priority broadcast for a show concerning an event that's not happened. This is filler for NBC. It's not a priority and it's not gonna be treated as if it was a blockbuster.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm not a Max fan, but I think he may have been briefly mentioned in passing. No interview or replay of any of his programs.

No interview with Max, but the NBC preview did show a clip of his Gladiator FS (not the full program, only a short excerpt).

[And b/c I am a Max fan ;), I was glad to see the sound-up clips from his West Side Story FS in the opening montage again. (Plus the Mirai sound-up clip in the open as well.) Hope NBC uses the same montage for all the broadcasts next weekend. :) Emblematic of what Nats is all about.
Plus Max was the closing image of today's preview. :) Did I miss that yesterday?? :think:]

Your original reply said "for non-live events like the skating preview". ...

What my words meant: for the purpose of starting the broadcast of a non-live event like the skating preview at the scheduled time. Didn't spell it out at such length, but that was my meaning all along.

Also, that was a great preview show. Do they do preview shows every year?

No, it was a pleasant surprise when the updated schedule listing the NBC previews came to light a week or two. The previews had not been on the TV schedule publicized by USFS and NBC at the beginning of the season.

NBC had not aired such previews in the last few years, AFAIK. (I don't know either way about years further back.)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You do realize that's how US TV works? Those commercials cover the costs.

Sorry, I was just really annoyed with the amount of commercials in between the end of the hockey game and the start of the preview. Especially since the game ran over 3 pm. I was really impatient. Patience is not exactly my middle name if you know what I mean.

I get that commercials cover costs but it felt like too many commercials were being shown in between the end of the game and the beginning of the preview.

I'm not ignorant and I'm not stupid. I was just SUPER impatient.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That happens with advance and sports that make money for the network. Sadly skating is a losing proposition and you are not going to get a high priority broadcast for a show concerning an event that's not happened. This is filler for NBC. It's not a priority and it's not gonna be treated as if it was a blockbuster.

Just to put this in perspective: yesterday, NBC was airing an hour-long low-budget infomercial right before going into the Preview show.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
What a disgrace. A very recent National Champion and doesn't even get a proper consideration.

Maybe Weir is trying to forget all these guys exist so he can hold onto the delusion that he actually would have been competitive in this field.

As it happens, both Johnny and Tara spoke well of him.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sorry, I was just really annoyed with the amount of commercials in between the end of the hockey game and the start of the preview. Especially since the game ran over 3 pm. I was really impatient. Patience is not exactly my middle name if you know what I mean.

I get that commercials cover costs but it felt like too many commercials were being shown in between the end of the game and the beginning of the preview.

I'm not ignorant and I'm not stupid. I was just SUPER impatient.

I think sometimes they show a bunch of commercials together rather than cutting away from the next program every 5 minutes for a commercial break.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just to put this in perspective: yesterday, NBC was airing an hour-long low-budget infomercial right before going into the Preview show.

Just out of curiosity, when you call the prior show an infomercial, what do you mean. I thought was some kind of ski competition but did not watch it.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just out of curiosity, when you call the prior show an infomercial, what do you mean. I thought was some kind of ski competition but did not watch it.

Maybe your NBC affiliate was showing something different, but Detroit was showing an infomercial. I wasn't paying much attention to it, but anyone who was watching my NBC live-stream yesterday prior to 5 p.m. was probably watching it. Definitely wasn't skiing, on the local NBC affiliate here.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
My DVR didn't pick up today's program. Sabinfire, do you have any plans to add the Nathan Chen fluff piece? I'd love to see it. Thanks for your efforts.

On the other hand, this piece will probably be shown again during the competition, so if it's not in your plans that's fine too.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Maybe your NBC affiliate was showing something different, but Detroit was showing an infomercial. I wasn't paying much attention to it, but anyone who was watching my NBC live-stream yesterday prior to 5 p.m. was probably watching it. Definitely wasn't skiing, on the local NBC affiliate here.

Ah maybe that's it as I'm in Chicago. And by the way, thanks for all the work you've been doing to stream & upload this stuff - it's really a gift to all of us.

Icey

Record Breaker
Not enough in depth coverage. The costume critique section could have been left out, allowing more skaters to be covered.