2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No, Liza's was a few tenths lower.

EDIT: Judges got that one right. Good job.

Gracie: 38.45, Liza: 38.96

EDIT: I sees that Liza's PCS was higher as well. It was the deduction that put her on 2nd place.

Last edited:

leolion11

On the Ice
And if by "juniorish", you mean less fake and phony style, then I also agree

Kindly explain to me exactly what you mean by fake and phony because I did not see any of that in Gracie's program.

And Elizaveta has higher PCS than Gracie? In SS too? So done

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
On replay, it looks like the back of Liza's skate just dug into the ice and couldn't continue the flow. I guess she didn't check out properly?

But it was nice to see her still go clean on the rest of the jumps. That just shows her fight and competitive nerve, imo. The program actually didn't suffer that much--still rocking the steps as usual. :clap:

CutieP

On the Ice
Kindly explain to me exactly what you mean by fake and phony because I did not see any of that in Gracie's program.

And Elizaveta has higher PCS than Gracie? In SS too? So done

I only tried to emphasize the fact that the talk about "juniorish" is absolutely ridiculous!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Gracie should have gotten quite higher SS than Liza. But well it's okay she's still lead.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OK, so she fell on the 3A. But, on the rest of the programme, I would still put Liza in the lead.

But, I'm not at all biased, like... :slink: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

She received the highest TES and PCS but the 1 point fall deduction got her lower TSS than Gracie. She approached her 3A very cautiously with no attack so a fall was not too surprising. Evidently she rotated it though.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Gracie: 38.45, Liza: 38.96

EDIT: I sees that Liza's PCS was higher as well. It was the deduction that put her on 2nd place.

I find that a bit absurd. I understand that she tried the 3A and I really like Liza's skating but that score is ridiculous.

Gracie did so well today! Wasn't expecting the 71+ score but she deserves to be in the lead. I feel bad for Ashley who almost had a clean performance and the same goes for Satoko. Kanako was underscored.

I couldn't see Zijun and the Canadians. Can anyone tell me how they did?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I only tried to emphasize the fact that the talk about "juniorish" is absolutely ridiculous!
Gracie might have the edge in SS, but in TR, PE, INT, or CH, I wouldn't put her above Elena. Even clean, my attention sometimes drifts away when Gracie is skating. Never so with Elena.

Not saying Elena necessarily deserves the lead, considering the quality of the jumps, but it's a bit odd to me that other skaters' marks are rising late-season--as usual--while hers are falling. I thought she performed better than Worlds and jumped better than Europeans, but the score is lower than both. :confused:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just a fraction of a point between Liza & Gracie, not too bad after a fall. Not really any lead to count on going into the free for them. Even Elena is right up there, so still a battle between those three unless something goes terribly wrong. Wonder if the fall on the 3A will affect her confidence going into the long program?

CutieP

On the Ice
Just a fraction of a point between Liza & Gracie, not too bad after a fall. Not really any lead to count on going into the free for them. Even Elena is right up there, so still a battle between those three unless something goes terribly wrong. Wonder if the fall on the 3A will affect her confidence going into the long program?

Do they add the FS scores to these SP scores (like normally) in this team competition, or is the FS a "separate" competition?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Wow, not even a "!" call for Ashley on 3z/3t. Such a shame that she underrotated and stepped out of the flip. I guess she lost concentration after combo crucible.

mustafakent

On the Ice
Full credit for Ashley's lutz+toe combination.:points:That's great.However, she almost left 5 points on the table with flip, which is a shame, because it is her best jump.
Soo happy for Gracie.:cheer: I hope these two slay free skate on saturday.
Go Team USA!:cheer:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Not saying Elena necessarily deserves the lead, considering the quality of the jumps, but it's a bit odd to me that other skaters' marks are rising late-season--as usual--while hers are falling. I thought she performed better than Worlds and jumped better than Europeans, but the score is lower than both. :confused:

I'm really confused by this too. I'd say Elena was getting overscored earlier in the season, and now it's actually adjusting out... but she didn't have many mistakes today, unlike at Worlds and the GPF. Still don't get why her scores were so low based on this performance, relative to the rest of the season...