Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 860 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
When Hanyu-san was just a newly-crowned gold medalist...he got some advice from his fellow Senpais too...:) I really love seeing this. He must have remembered what it was like and so now he is doing his best to lead/guide those coming up the ranks too.

aahhhh they are so cute, it must be from 2009 GPF :laugh:

that and he got the taste of teasing new comers :laugh:

Yes it was from the 2009-10 JGPF, the season where he won all the junior events he entered including the 2010 Junior Worlds. I am wishing he will also have an all golden season as a senior. 2013-14 was nearly that. Maybe this season? (time to change his pattern of starting slow in the season).

On another note, there were other instances of Ross Miner and Song Nan being sweet to Yuzuru. I read how Ross tweeted his concern and asked for news of Yuzuru shortly after 3.11. As for Song Nan, who can forget how he twirled Yuzuru around when the latter ran out to congratulate him for a successful jump at the 2011 COC gala? Shows that a siblinghood exists among the skaters that cuts through nationality and language.:yes:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yes it was from the 2009-10 JGPF, the season where he won all the junior events he entered including the 2010 Junior Worlds. I am wishing he will also have an all golden season as a senior. 2013-14 was nearly that. Maybe this season? (time to change his pattern of starting slow in the season).

On another note, there were other instances of Ross Miner and Song Nan being sweet to Yuzuru. I read how Ross tweeted his concern and asked for news of Yuzuru shortly after 3.11. As for Song Nan, who can forget how he twirled Yuzuru around when the latter ran out to congratulate him for a successful jump at the 2011 COC gala? Shows that a siblinghood exists among the skaters that cuts through nationality and language.:yes:

Yuzu seems so down-to-earth, polite and sweet, no wonder he gets along with so many skaters as a junior and senior :biggrin:

But what didn't he win in the 2013-2014 season? The GP events? Did he win them as a junior?

Last edited:

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
Eu queria agradecer a todos pelas atualizações sobre Yuzuru ..principalmente ao relatos de quem foi aos shows ao vivo ..obrigada Hamaguri !!

Vocês são demais, com a ajuda dos fãs de Yuzuru, Brasil e Japão não parecem tão longe :love::love:

Last edited:

Geo1

On the Ice
Yuzu seems so down-to-earth, polite and sweet, no wonder he gets along with so many skaters as a junior and senior :biggrin:

But what didn't he win in the 2013-2014 season? The GP events? Did he win them as a junior?

He placed second behind Patrick Chan at both 2013 Skate Canada and 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard.

He did win all of his JGP events in 2009-10.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
He placed second behind Patrick Chan at both 2013 Skate Canada and 2013 Trophee Eric Bompard.

He did win all of his JGP events in 2009-10.

Oh ok so they GP events were being considered, that was my doubt, but at least he won the Final :cheer:
But I didn't know he won every single competition he was at during his last junior year, :shocked: surely that motivated him to move up to senior the following year, even if he still had some gap to keep competing in the junior level. Thank you for the info.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

He does indeed though I think he's shy and less than his assured self with the sexy ladies. ;) Very good and demonstrative though with little girls. Learning of Marin running to him often to get a hug gave me warm, fuzzy feels.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Every time you post a new picture I wind up going thru like half of your collection. It's very time consuming but it's all so good I can't resist.

Aww....:eek:: I get stuck on Deviant Art too! Looking at other artists amazing work. (plus, all my siblings draw, so I've got to see what they are up to. :biggrin:)
ARIGATOU GOSAIMASHITA!!!(or just really thankyou)
and... :eek:: do you have a link to your deviant art account. Im really dying to go there and DESKTOP BACKGROUND everything...(wonder how many years it'll take me to.hehe...)

Overall...thank you and great job!!!:cheer:
http://akoustam5.deviantart.com/gallery/ Is my whole gallery
http://akoustam5.deviantart.com/gallery/53001222/Figure-Skaters Is my figure skating folder. Enjoy.

Last edited:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Hi all. I went up to see Fantasy on Ice in Kanazawa.

What to say? Yesterday’s performance was wonderful. Of the three FaOI’s I’ve been to this year, this one was by far the best. SEMEI has to be seen live to be fully appreciated (as opposed to some other performances, which actually seem better on video I feel). The videos uploaded so far do not do it justice. Though we are still only given a glimpse of the full FS, it is clear to me that this will be a game-changing routine. I think SPORTYMAGS may be right, that this just might be Yuzuru’s seminal work. The costume is more magnificent in person than on camera. And Yuzu emotes so well that you can feel his feelings as he skates. I was in tears by the end. It was also so great to see his new exhibition number. I am not sure of the name of the piano piece used (I am sure others have already noted it), but it was superb. This one is less about jumps and sequences and more about expressing a sentiment. Longing, heartbreak, and determination all come shining through his graceful gestures and fluid movements. I was blown away by both pieces. There will be a video review in a few days about the whole show, but I just wanted to share my initial impressions. :cheer:

- PJ

Interspectator

Record Breaker

What to say? Yesterday’s performance was wonderful. Of the three FaOI’s I’ve been to this year, this one was by far the best. SEMEI has to be seen live to be fully appreciated (as opposed to some other performances, which actually seem better on video I feel). The videos uploaded so far do not do it justice. Though we are still only given a glimpse of the full FS, it is clear to me that this will be a game-changing routine. I think SPORTYMAGS may be right, that this just might be Yuzuru’s seminal work. The costume is more magnificent in person than on camera. And Yuzu emotes so well that you can feel his feelings as he skates. I was in tears by the end. It was also so great to see his new exhibition number. I am not sure of the name of the piano piece used (I am sure others have already noted it), but it was superb. This one is less about jumps and sequences and more about expressing a sentiment. Longing, heartbreak, and determination all come shining through his graceful gestures and fluid movements. I was blown away by both pieces. There will be a video review in a few days about the whole show, but I just wanted to share my initial impressions. :cheer:

- PJ

:cheer: THANK YOOOOU! Looking forward to your report.

yhmafan

Medalist

Speechless.... I love your work especially this one so cute!

- PJ

Glad to hear that you had a great time in Kanazawa. Very well said and touching.
After seeing your initial impressions, I can hardly wait. I need to watch his performances immediately! :biggrin:

btw, Please link the review here when you finished your work. ;)

and to hamaguri, Thank you so much for the great reports. Very appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

- PJ
WOW! sounds great, can't wait for the video. Thank you for sharing :dance:

oriquey

Final Flight

- PJ

Thank you, KansaiPJ. I look forward to your video report of the ice show :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

- PJ

Thank you for sharing your initial impressions with us, and am looking forward to your video review :)

It seems Yuzuru's programs did a WOW factor on you. (Hope his SP will also be of the same standard.) Yes, he has that special gift of making the audience feel his feelings as he skates, even those who are just watching videos. :yes: