2015 Trophée Bompard Mens SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2015 Trophée Bompard Mens SP

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Don't remember my prediction exactly, but as it stands now I know it's very wrong as usual. Love the unpredictibal men, but not all their falls and pops :hopelessness:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Shoma UNO JPN 89.56 1 video
2 Maxim KOVTUN RUS 86.82 2 video
3 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 80.24 3 video
4 Denis TEN KAZ 80.10 4 video
5 Patrick CHAN CAN 76.10 5 video
6 Alexander PETROV RUS 74.64 6 video
7 Max AARON USA 72.91 7 video
8 Yi WANG CHN 72.08 8 video
9 Jin Seo KIM KOR 71.24 9 video
10 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA 68.36 10 video
11 Romain PONSART FRA 62.86 11 video

andromache

Record Breaker
Really? I think they just criticise where they feel it is warranted. I wouldn't call it snarky. Well, maybe the dartboard comment was, but that was hilarious!

I agree. I have never been under the impression that they have any bias. But they have opinions on what they see on the ice and they aren't afraid to make them known. It's much more refreshing than Tara/Johnny.

Warwick360

Medalist
Yes, and it can be very annoying. I usually prefer B.Eurosport commentary because of their relative impartiality, but they seem to be hopping on the snark bandwagon. They even complain about a particular score over an hour later, even into the next event! :handw:

I'd rather they speak their mind in a short and sweet manner, rather than Tara and Weir go on and on about unrelated hoopla. So no complaints from me. :cheer2:

Besides, maybe it's because we had Joanna for one of the events, I really don't feel the critical nature to really match that level yet, not even close.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I agree. I have never been under the impression that they have any bias. But they have opinions on what they see on the ice and they aren't afraid to make them known. It's much more refreshing than Tara/Johnny.

What is the difference between having a bias, and having opinions that you aren't afraid to make known?

I'm not sure what 'bias' B.ESP would have though, since British skaters have been virtually non-existent in figure skating these days...

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
I also think Kovtun's PCS is a bit high compared to Shoma. However, considering it's Shoma's first season as a senior, I think he got great results already (40 PCS is very good for a first season as senior). It's hard to believe that in the beginning of last years season he couldn't even land a 3A. I thought he would never be a contender due to his jump, but he suddenly he started to jump 4T and 3A. He will probably get better results if he frequently deliver like today. Hope he skate a good FS tomorrow :cheer:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I'm just catching up on the results...all I can say is that now I really want to see the videos of the performances :eek:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just saw Shoma's SP and he was great. He seems very secure in his jumps and if there's one thing I'd nit pick. It's the height, or lack of it, in his free leg when he lands. His air position is quite beautiful though. I love listening to the Russian Commentators. Da, Da, Da, on his landings. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I finally realized who Shoma reminds me of: Kevin from The Wonder Years! So adorable. I hope he wins it tomorrow.

Also realized that I really do not like any of the music Frank Carroll's skaters are using this year.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There are so few things you can count on in this world, so my utter abhorance with Kovtun's program was a relief! Absolutely cannot stomach him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There are so few things you can count on in this world, so my utter abhorance with Kovtun's program was a relief! Absolutely cannot stomach him.

Cognative dissonance for me! :D But De gustibus as always. :)

karlowens2

On the Ice
Boy, what terrible skating. Who would of guessed it? There are so many strong men right now. If Max and Patrick finish off the podium it will be a strange GP final - when's the last time a winner didn't go to the final? If you win in one you usually come in second in the other. Ja?

lakeside

On the Ice
I just saw Shoma's SP and he was great. He seems very secure in his jumps and if there's one thing I'd nit pick. It's the height, or lack of it, in his free leg when he lands. His air position is quite beautiful though. I love listening to the Russian Commentators. Da, Da, Da, on his landings. :2thumbs:
You call this beautiful air position? Uno has serious wrap-leg problem and should get -2 goe.

Rissa

Record Breaker
KOVTUN getting the same component marks as Denis Ten is insane!!:mad:
should be lower, :eek:hwell:

Uhh, not really. This was a good Kovtun performance vs. a bad Ten performance. Kovtun was a bit overscored in PCS imo but he shouldn't be lower than today's Denis. The only major PCS blunder, imo, was the underscoring of Shoma.

At CoC, Rika seemed underscored to me in PCS after her very good SP but then the next day she had even better LP and her marks rose. So I'm hoping the same will happen with Shoma, as long as he puts out a good LP. I'm crossing my fingers for him to make GPF (seems really likely!) because I want to see him live! :laugh:

I liked Kovtun too. His and Shoma's performances were my favorite, with Denis a distant third. Sorry, Daisuke, no matter how wonderful you skate, I just don't care for that song and that program.

Is it just me or are the British EuroSport commentators a lot more critical this year? Lol

They sound ready to join the Reputation or Threshold Judging thread.

Last edited: