Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

tulosai

Record Breaker
According to Croatian media, Liza will be going to Golden Spin, which starts in a couple days time.

I am not 100% sure how reliable this is but I do hope so! That would be great for her to get more experience with the programs I think.

LRK

Record Breaker
That's good news - I hope she can keep up her improvement, and gain confidence going into Nationals.

Note: Not that I exactly feel that nerves have been her problem per se - I doubt she was intimidated either by the competitions or her competitors. But it would be no good if nerves assailed her as well as whatever else is bothering her, when going into Nationals, where a lot will be on the line.

adelia

Record Breaker
That's good news - I hope she can keep up her improvement, and gain confidence going into Nationals.

Note: Not that I exactly feel that nerves have been her problem per se - I doubt she was intimidated either by the competitions or her competitors. But it would be no good if nerves assailed her as well as whatever else is bothering her, when going into Nationals, where a lot will be on the line.
This is a competition that she has to win. Adelina and Leonova will both be there. It will not help her to lose to either.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wonderful! Good luck Elizaveta!

I think it actually doesn't matter really if she wins this except maybe for her own peace of mind- all Russia really is going to care about is Nationals results- but I do hope she's able to skate cleaner than she has been since I think that would help her momentum and confidence... and, if she does skate cleaner than she has been, she should win this anyway, so those two kind of go together.

adelia

Record Breaker
Wonderful! Good luck Elizaveta!

I think it actually doesn't matter really if she wins this except maybe for her own peace of mind- all Russia really is going to care about is Nationals results- but I do hope she's able to skate cleaner than she has been since I think that would help her momentum and confidence... and, if she does skate cleaner than she has been, she should win this anyway, so those two kind of go together.
Only the top 2 at Nats are guaranteed a spot at Euros. The third spot will be up to the Fed to decide. If they have to choose between the World Champion and the Olympic Champion, recent head-to-head results will play a factor in their decision.

Fan-art: http://cs628226.vk.me/v628226130/26d9c/chGZWauvcA4.jpg

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
:laugh:

I sort of liked it... though of course, I don't know if I've ever heard it before, so it's never had the chance to get on my last nerve (as it clearly has with you!)

As for the vid itself - loved it! The King and Queen - how appropriate. Of course, sibling royalty, as in "once king or queen of Narnia - always king or queen of Narnia".

Also bonus for us Minions - lots of shots of Papa Mishin!

Loved the last picture - just great!
yeah great vid
I cant believe that someone hasnt heard this song:laugh: but thanksfully not everyone watches Eurovision so u're lucky!

Good luck Liza!
Im torn between her & Ade :sad4: I want them both @ Euros. I cant chose its too painful!:sad21:

LRK

Record Breaker
yeah great vid
I cant believe that someone hasnt heard this song:laugh: but thanksfully not everyone watches Eurovision so u're lucky!

Good luck Liza!
Im torn between her & Ade :sad4: I want them both @ Euros. I cant chose its too painful!:sad21:

Is it the song he won Eurovision with? I hardly ever watch, but if it is that one, then they should have included a clip of Plush performing there, I think.:) (I remember someone asking Plush if it was harder to fall on ice or plastic, and he said he had never fallen on plastic, so he couldn't say.:))

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
I was going back to Liza's performance at the Japan Open, and comparing it with Warsaw, I hope she adds back some of the choreographic touches that were there at the start of the beginning of the season. Going back even farther to Europeans, she had a little nuance for every major beat of the music. I have to think a near-perfect FS will give her more confidence heading into Zagreb. The pressure of going up against Adelina, someone she's already beaten this season but still a former rival, should also give her extra incentive to get up for the weekend ahead.

LRK

Record Breaker
It will be like a little mini rehearsal for Nationals. That's good.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not completely sure either but they have to try something.

Yes, my fear is though that if they do this, and the jumps are still bad, the comparison to how she was able to skate it last year will be negative and unavoidable. But if it works, great.

adelia

Record Breaker
Yes, my fear is though that if they do this, and the jumps are still bad, the comparison to how she was able to skate it last year will be negative and unavoidable. But if it works, great.
I agree, it's risky. And trying it out at Golden Spin against Adelina is also risky. But we'll see how it goes.
(I'm kind of annoyed about the live stream situation btw. But oh well.)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I agree, it's risky. And trying it out at Golden Spin against Adelina is also risky. But we'll see how it goes.
(I'm kind of annoyed about the live stream situation btw. But oh well.)

The live stream situation is honestly unbelievable to me but I guess I'll try to keep my rants on that out of this particular thread. I'll just say, whoever thought that the event was worth that much money to fans for a livestream was very very mistaken, especially since you literally have to watch it live- you can't even go back and watch it on demand later. And I'm not someone who would be opposed to paying a reasonable price for a livestream, either.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Liza coming back to Bolero SP is a wonderful news to me. At least she won't used the costume for Carmina Burana.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm with adelia and tulosai on the Bolero thing - not sure about it. We'll see, I suppose. I wanted to see Carmina skated to potential - but if this helps Liza in any way that is obviously far more important - but will it? (never was a huge fan of Bolero anyway - she just convinced me I liked it while watching her:)).