2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Men FS

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really? I figured they let it slide because Grant is a nobody who likely wasn't going to make the podium anyway, and when Phil Hersh counts how few quads were done this year one more quad being done looks good for the US men.

OMG! Phil Hersh; he'll have a cow!:rofl:

I'd set up a drinking game for that, but I don't want to be comatose. Our EMTs are too busy with nut cases who think they can drive on these roads....

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lady asks if we're ready for the press conference. NO I'M NOT BECAUSE MAAAAAAAAAX.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do have to say that I'm actually glad Nathan didn't win. I am really excited to see him blossom and improve so much without having the pressure of the title. The USFSA should rightfully send him to Worlds so he can get that crazy experience. He is our best chance of having a star and possible world/Olympics medalist for the rest of this quad and to the next one.

As electrifying as the performance was, I agree that he probably shouldn't have won. I think he deserved the silver medal behind Max Aaron.

He deserves to go to Worlds.

jkun

Final Flight
Max needs to learn to maximize his points. Why is he doing two 2As at the end of his skate when he could be doing a 3F and in this case, a 3S? Looking the protocols now, it seems to me that his loss to Adam is clearly on him. Likewise, for Nathan, needs to learn to maximize his points like Hanyu. Needs a stable 3A or turn those 4-2 combos to a 4-3.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Jason got a new SP because the old one had to much twisting in the choreography. If he can't handle that and the fact that he just got back on the ice last week, how is he going to be ready, let alone do quads?

I was just amazed she said that! But then I'm also amazed at those comments Rohene made in recent interviews -- like blaming Jason's injury on training the quad and saying Hanyu had no artistry. :roll9:

My respect for those two has really taken a hit this week. :disapp:

I wish someone would ask Kori why she waited so long to work on quads with Jason.

bwayrose7

On the Ice
I have to wonder now what it's going to look like once Jason and Josh are back. Even if Adam retires soon, we'll have four young, excellent men: Max, Jason, Josh, Nathan. Who gets left out? Definitely not Nathan with his technical skills. Probably not Jason, the sole Olympian, unless the quad issues become too much. I just hope it's not Josh who gets left behind- personal bias maybe, but he's my favorite still.

Even with the muddy judging calls, still must say I couldn't be mad about Adam when I watched his reaction. Just on a human level, that was ridiculously touching to see. Congrats to all!

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
OMG! Phil Hersh; he'll have a cow!:rofl:

I'd set up a drinking game for that, but I don't want to be comatose. Our EMTs are too busy with nut cases who think they can drive on these roads....

Phil has already started on his twitter! :laugh:

We have two guys with multiple quads on the podium; even the quad nuts have to accept this is better than last year, right? Does it matter that the guy on top doesn't have a quad? Not really.

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
A 3 quad rule? No. 20 and 30 years ago you had skaters taking just as much time setting up for their triples as some now do for their quads. And many now have better all around programs, skills and spins than those skaters back then, doing easier jumps. It is a sport and keeps marching on.

Worlds will br very interesting this year.... 2 months to wait... sooo long.

So, with all the triple jumps and maybe 2 or 3 quads it is not a sport? What do you want? 20 quads, is this enough for you? For what? For crippled kids? Where should it end? This is insane and makes no sense.

Vicky458

On the Ice
Sorry, but I am finding the commentary infuriating. The reason the IJS system was developed was to reward all aspects of skating, and that is what it did today. It is not all about the quads. Seeing Max and Adam back to back today really showed how sparse Max's program was as opposed to the complexity of Adam's. So happy for Adam, and congrats to all the medalists.
Agreed! There is so much more to a program than jumps. You need transition, skating skills, choreography, posture, lines,edges,and interpretation. Unfortunately Max is no black swan and no way did he skate like one. Nathan is the future and I agree with Scott. He is just not there yet. Yes, Tara you would never have won the Olympic gold medal!

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I was just amazed she said that! But then I'm also amazed at those comments Rohene made in recent interviews -- like blaming Jason's injury on training the quad and saying Hanyu had no artistry. :roll9:

My respect for those two has really taken a hit this week. :disapp:

I wish someone would ask Kori why she waited so long to work on quads with Jason.

:eeking: What did he say???

andyjo24

Medalist
I have to wonder now what it's going to look like once Jason and Josh are back. Even if Adam retires soon, we'll have four young, excellent men: Max, Jason, Josh, Nathan. Who gets left out? Definitely not Nathan with his technical skills. Probably not Jason, the sole Olympian. I just hope it's not Josh who gets left behind.

Even with the muddy judging calls, still must say I couldn't be mad about Adam when I watched his reaction. Just on a human level, that was ridiculously touching to see. Congrats to all!

LOL. Adam does not appear to think of retiring soon. He claims himself as a WITCH that keeps coming back.

That was creepy.........:unsure:

andromache

Record Breaker
Max needs to learn to maximize his points. Why is he doing two 2As at the end of his skate when he could be doing a 3F and in this case, a 3S? Looking the protocols now, it seems to me that his loss to Adam is clearly on him. Likewise, for Nathan, needs to learn to maximize his points like Hanyu. Needs a stable 3A or turn those 4-2 combos to a 4-3.

Raf got Adam to a stable 3A, amazingly enough, so I'm sure Nathan will have one soon.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

The only thing he can do is a 1Lo+3S instead of 2T+2Lo, a 4-3 would be impossible unless he does a 4-3Lo combo and replaces his 3Lo with a 3S. But that would be superhuman.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, with all the triple jumps and maybe 2 or 3 quads it is not a sport? What do you want? 20 quads, is this enough for you? For what? For crippled kids? Where should it end? This is insane and makes no sense.

Yes. Exactly. We want crippled kids.

Thanks for your insight.