2016 Skate America Men's SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Men's SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm overall okay with the scores/placements. Its aight. :laugh:

Boyang's splatfest should never have been ahead of Brendan and Kovtun should most certainly not be within four points of him with two invalid elements. It's a joke.

mcq

Record Breaker
Jason and Shoma has 43+ PCS with a fall, so I guess when clean they will get 45-46?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nobody breaks 90 lol.

I thought Shoma will, cause he landed 2 quads (and get rounded at the 3T) Probably URs then his TES dropped to 46-ish.

Placement looks alright :)

Nobody broke 90 at SkAm last year, either.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Can anyone tell me how Jason's lutz toe got 5 GOE's of 2?
It had basically zero speed coming out of the end. If that was a 2, Mai Mihara's from yesterday should have had like, a 4.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
The placements are quite right.

Shoma: He was super. As one of the commentators has said later in the season he may be a threat even for Yuzu.
Jason: I really like his SP. His transitions are out of the world.
Bonyan: His skate was such a tremendous disappointment :luv17:

:laugh: In what universe? :rofl2:

Barb

Record Breaker
Seems I almost always prefer elegant or refined skaters. Jason was my favorite, I agree with the places, but I want to watch Jason´s skating again.

mcq

Record Breaker
Nobody broke 90 at SkAm last year, either.

I know. Let's just say I have higher expectation this year due to the amount of quadster in this competition + Jason adding quad to his program ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm a bit surprised that the spread between Jason and Nam is a large as it is. I'll have to wait and see the programs but, from the reports, it sounded like Nam skated very well.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I am underwhelmed by Brown's score or should I say resigned with the overscoring. The good thing is this overrated and overscored skater won't get near the Worlds and Olympics podium no matter how much the judges prop him up.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Uh oh, Adam got a costume violation (oops), no point deduction though

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Nam Nguyen had invalid spin, that explains why he didn't get ot 80's score. I feell like a lot of jumps today should have got lower GOE.

andromache

Record Breaker
Jason not getting called for the UR on the quad is a little surprising....but you can definitely see where he gained GOE and Shoma lost it. Adn when Adam skates well, he earns a ton of GOE. He's close to Shoma even with no quad and lower PCS.

Honestly, it's totally stupid that Jason gets zero points for that spin. It was a spin! Don't pretend it didn't exist just because he didn't catch his blade!

Looks like Nam missed a spin too...but he earned way less GOE overall too, and rightfully so.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Wow. Can believe they didn't < Jason's 4t. Skaters should know when they need to work harder on the rotations and if they're not being called on it at events, it results in a false sense of security. Not good.

berry8

Final Flight
Boyang's splatfest should never have been ahead of Brendan and Kovtun should most certainly not be within four points of him with two invalid elements. It's a joke.

Not so sure about Kovtun...

Idontsk8

On the Ice
Seems commentators are in agreement. The commentator in the emission I watched said she believes Shoma will beat Yuzu's records and it's a shame they're so close in age.

The placements are quite right.

Shoma: He was super. As one of the commentators has said later in the season he may be a threat even for Yuzu.
Jason: I really like his SP. His transitions are out of the world.
Bonyan: His skate was such a tremendous disappointment :luv17: