2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

andromache

Record Breaker
Are Val and Ondrej the most attractive pair at this event? Probably.

And imagine the guts to be a singles skater until you are 25ish years old and then you decide to put your actual life into a dude's hands. So much respect.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Why is Valentina smiling to the lyrics of "Skyfall" especially during the lifts? I'm not sure it's helping much with their interpretation.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I admire this team for their longevity in the sport! I always have a soft spot for skaters in their 30s. :)

And now we're doing Mission Impossible? Hmmm, I thought they were going for a Bond theme.:scratch2:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I so want Valentina and Andrej to do well.. But tonight.. what happened with the first element? They only got 1.33 for it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
because at least while she is n the air, she's not stumbling on the sbs jumps
Why is Valentina smiling to the lyrics of "Skyfall" especially during the lifts? I'm not sure it's helping much with their interpretation.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
M/H's FS didn't have usual sparks that they had. The performance was tentative.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Do they win?

Heh...no. They come in fourth, which is kind of a huge deal because they're first-year seniors and they've only been together for four years. The winners are either an American team who are somewhat of a mashup of D/W, B/S and W/P or a very expressive and voidy Russian team who hate each other and are also first-year seniors. (I know that would never happen in ice dance, but I'm writing it and I can do what I want. :p)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
If this was James Bond I say we have just seen Fatima Blush with one of her henchmen. :laugh:

Seriously, I have full respect for Ondrej, but Valentina clearly steals the show. I wonder how she would do with a partner to match her presence.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
i always find myself entranced by the female in pairs programs and rarely ever notice the man. Valentina is one of those cases.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Is it going to be like an ice dance version of the Cutting Edge?

Thanks for the info tastetherainbow.

This was not an auspicious beginning.