2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that was a disaster of an event. Let's remember S/B's program and Denney/Frazier's great comeback and quickly forget the rest, shall we? :drama:

andromache

Record Breaker
You'd think having Robin in their corner they'd be all set. His programs with Aliona were iconic and I have no idea why he's just allowing them to get these terrible programs.

I agree. Robin should know better! Does Mozer have too much power? Again, I think T/M's talents are being wasted here. Like, regardless of all the mistakes they made tonight, their programs are not great.

I'm set up yet again to root for someone who will always disappoint me.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This should be close between them and D/F. I enjoyed D/F way more though.

I loved D/F. And after a major operation and a year off....
This has been one exhausting day! And I am not even there.....been texting friends in the crowd though and they are tired too.... ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mark my words: Julianne and Charlie will be right in the hunt for world and Olympic medals in the next two seasons.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well, that was a disaster of an event. Let's remember S/B's program and Denney/Frazier's great comeback and quickly forget the rest, shall we? :drama:

No.. I can't forget because J/C's program is so good...what a pity that they can't manage to show it with full potential. I'm glad for S/B and D/F though.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Now if Lubov can just land her SBS jumps Canada will have 3 real opportunities this GP season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
for those whining about T/M's bad programs... how do you know the LP is so bad? they couldn't really show us a great performance of it.. and really, with how they skated tonight, the best packaging in the world wouldn't help...

Layback11

Record Breaker
Thoughts!

1. HATS OFF TO FAIR JUDGING. The scores and placements were all fair here! Can I get a collective gasp? (It's been that way in all the disciplines. I'm ecstatic to see the scores go down to levels at which they actually mean something!)
2. Seguin/Bilodeau literally made my heart explode. They really do have something special. (I think it's their connection. Did I mention that I ship them? Because I do. And I am not going to stop saying it until I get someone on the #jarlie train. :p)
3. What a statement for Denney/Frazier. Maddest respect for managing to pull that one off after an injury that could've been career-ending. I also love that program.
4. I am a very bad prognosticator. I totally did not see Tarasova/Morozov blowing their lead, let alone dropping to third. I didn't really like the program, either, which is sad, because there's a lot to like about them. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: GET. THEM. A. NEW. CHOREOGRAPHER.
5. Kayne/O'Shea's program was really cool and it could be awesome if skated clean.
6. Ditto Castelli/Tran. They have also made me ship #mervissa, because I literally ship half of this pairs event. (I know, I know. :slink:)
7. Really rough day for James/Cipres.

And I honestly don't remember anything else, except that Kristina Asthakova suffered from skater-wedgie and it was rather distracting.

artsciboy

On the Ice
130 for that tech content undermarking?????

Well, they did score 136+ with the same content at ACI a few weeks (although some might say there was hometown inflation there). That said, at the GPF last year, they received PCS of 66+ with a flawed program and here they received only 64+ with a clean program. They were hosed a bit on the PCS for sure.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Haven and Brandon's spectacular outing here shows us that the pairs category at US Nationals will be a bloodbath. Alexa and Chris (if they're healthy), Mervin and Marissa, Tarah and Danny and of course Haven and Brandon - all with two worlds spots on the line.

Last edited: