2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP

MIM

Medalist
What is it?

Edit: Sorry, I heard a loud noise, listening to icenetwork.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The same that Bell got last week with 6 triples and not the same levels on her other elements that Kaetlyn gets! And no where near the same PCS as Kaetlyn!

Thank you, Sackie. As per usual, a voice of reason.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The voiceovers in Evgenia's program are such an obvious attempt to get me to FEEL SOMETHING that it just pulls me out of her program entirely.

Well clearly you're feeling something. I guess that means even more points for Zhenia :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I agree with the placements but maybe not the scores. Kaetlyn was overscored to me but I'd still have her second. Satoko's problem was the short. She needs to get those jumps around and she'll be right up there at worlds.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
It bothers me that anyone would think that this was an okay program. If people tripped at Yulia's Schindler's List, why did her coach think that people were going to be okay with this?

Because he is a genius who needs to tell the world little girl stories

/s

Krislite

Medalist
11 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS)

Music: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Alexandre Desplat
Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat

Grey long-sleeve dress, pink ombre hem

3F+3T
3Lz - !
FCCoSp
StSq
3Lo
3F
2A+2T+2Lo
3S+3T - tight
2A - tight
ChSq
CCoSp
LSp

Bit tight on some jumps, but clean and enough for the win

FS: 72.86+71.55 = 144.41, 220.65, 1/11

I'm glad she got called on her edge with "!", even if it's not a full "E".

Edit: I just realized this is your own call and not the official protocols. Nevermind.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Why are they bothering with specifying criteria for pcs if they're going to hand out scores like these left and right?

eta

Medalist
From what I saw (since stream was misbehaving) that score was right relative to what Osmond got.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The same that Bell got last week with 6 triples and not the same levels on her other elements that Kaetlyn gets! And no where near the same PCS as Kaetlyn!

Bell's score was not the same, it was two points lower. She also did not fall.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Look, I don't care for Med's program however, she is one talented young skater. She deserves the gold here but, I truly hope she gets better programs next year. This program is just painful to watch because I can't stand the Soundtrack.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Arrived late so only saw Medvedeva. Sigh. If she's literally going to do the same program right down to the transitions, she should just use last year's music again. I don't know what was different with today's broadcast, but you could hear the background during the step sequence more clearly and it's in such terrible taste.