Russian Nationals 2017 General Info | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 General Info

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Erm... did they have a sudden weather change? According to google it's 30 deg F there right now, so maybe -1 C? But that's good for winter; it's warmer than what we've got in NY right now!;)

Edit: oops it's three degrees F colder than where I am! Didn't realize it had been that warm today...

according to my google in Chelyabinsk it's:
-24 C or -11 F
:shocked:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
according to my google in Chelyabinsk it's:
-24 C or -11 F
:shocked:

I couldn't even survive Boston Worlds when it went down to 32F and was snowing. I wouldn't make it in any (-) degree weather :scard8:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to all competitors taking part in the Championship. Looking forward to plenty of high quality skating.

It will be interesting to see if Kovtun retains his men's title, I really hope Voronov makes the team. Dance will be interesting to see who makes the team, I think it's a battle between I/K for the final spot.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have been invited and will be there, but I have no further details yet and will depart shortly. As a general advice for those freezing, make sure to pick several parts of clothing and not a single "fat pullover or jacket". It will help with the cold ;)

May it be a wonderful event where the best skater wins the title.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those interested, Gordei Gorshkov is not here not due to injury but because he wants to retire but Evgeni is trying to talk him out of it. They will talk again after nationals.

hanca

Record Breaker
Where is Bernadiner and Tarasenko this season? I dont think I have seen them competing this season yet. And Bush too.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
For those interested, Gordei Gorshkov is not here not due to injury but because he wants to retire but Evgeni is trying to talk him out of it. They will talk again after nationals.

Was that something Ari and Tatjana said? They are bigger gossips than Dave Lease! (and with more interesting tea, tbh!)

Rukavitsin really seems to care a lot for all his skaters. I can't imagine some other coaches trying to change the mind of a skater in Gordei's position (not that he is untalented, but it will only get harder to break through with all the younger guys with quads now).

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yeah, Ari & Tatjana mentioned that earlier today during the men's LP, I think. I was wondering if that's where it came from or if there's another source...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was that something Ari and Tatjana said? They are bigger gossips than Dave Lease! (and with more interesting tea, tbh!)

Rukavitsin really seems to care a lot for all his skaters. I can't imagine some other coaches trying to change the mind of a skater in Gordei's position (not that he is untalented, but it will only get harder to break through with all the younger guys with quads now).

What? What other coaches. I was talking about Rukavitsyn.