2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Ladies SP

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Karen in first?!?! Mirai in second?!?!?! :yahoo:

I am surprised, delighted, but totally chuffed.

They decided to give the underdogs a chance... or some how star aligned up for them today. Maybe that rule is good afterall, so the federations judges are not pressured to over compensate federation #1 skaters certain ways, and deflate others at their expense and make it a 2 tier process. It makes the competition more credible as well, instead of merely formality.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
LP is going to be a BLOODBATH.

Which is good. Make the girls fight it out and see who comes out on top when the pressure is on. Major pressure on Ashley, Gracie (and to a lesser extent Mariah) to get on that Worlds team. Underdogs Mirai and Karen currently on top. God. I'm going to need some strong liquor for Saturday night.

The upside is that we'll be able to see everything crystal clearly with the bottom of our glasses acting as magnifiers.

Alright, I got work early in the morning so toodle-loo :bed:

andromache

Record Breaker
It seems evident (though I guess the LP will tell us for sure) that Mirai is a second-half-of-season skater. She doesn't need the 3A to make the Worlds team now.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the second time IN's had the music wrong. It thinks this is "Papa Can You hear Me," but it's her old music, "Out Here On My Own."

Oh, no, Pogosplat.

Great choice of music for Rebecca.

da96103

Record Breaker
It was a great SP event. Twists and turns.

Congrats to Gracie and Mirai for turning their fortunes around.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
20 pages for a Pairs short program is more than we usually get in the GP short program threads.

You guys sure do get excited for nationals. I doubt you'll see this level of intensity in the Canadian threads.

Nathan13

Medalist
Doubtful. If she was a lot lower she'd put it in. But she's in second. Better to be pragmatic.

Idk, but Tom Z seemed pretty adamant on Insta about her doing it...In a perfect world she'll get to skate last on Saturday so she knows exactly what she needs for 1st :yes:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am so excited for Karen Chen :cheer: I hope this brings her confidence up

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here to check out what is going on. No idea about a feed. How are you watching?

I'm watching a copy of the icenetwork stream on a Chinese website, you can hear the American commentary but there's also Chinese commentary overtop of it. Zhangyu.tv is the URL.

Thr stream was lagging really bad using wifi, so I unplugged and dragged my laptop two levels down to my rec room and plugged it into the modem via an Ethernet cable. There are cords and cables everywhere. It's a bad scene in here.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
20 pages for a Pairs short program is more than we usually get in the GP short program threads.

You guys sure do get excited for nationals. I doubt you'll see this level of intensity in the Canadian threads.

Is that a challenge? Consider it accepted.

withwings

On the Ice
It is not Ashley who is playing these promos, then why do you want to punish her? Oh, human mind.... Then what one is expected to want after judges uphold Gold again and again, and without an apparent reason?? To wish her the same as you wish to Ashley? It would be nice to separate skaters and skating from what does not depend on them...
NBC keeps playing these Ashley promos like she's already won. I seriously want Karen to spoil this thing now.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm watching a copy of the icenetwork stream on a Chinese website, you can hear the American commentary but there's also Chinese commentary overtop of it. Zhangyu.tv is the URL.

Thr stream was lagging really bad using wifi, so I unplugged and dragged my laptop two levels down to my rec room and plugged it into the modem via an Ethernet cable. There are cords and cables everywhere. It's a bad scene in here.
Sounds hazardous. Will you make it to tomorrow?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
EEK, Hannah and Courtney right down at the bottom in 17-18th out of 19 places. :shocked: So... if they stay down there will they even stay in the ISP? Livvy, if she stays in 10th, will probably get a small assignment next year.