2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow the men are bringing it. There is a strong possibilty Jason Brown and Patrick Chan won't make the final flight. Nice skates from Brendan Kerry and Kevin Reynolds but Reynolds underrotates too much and skated early. if he got those full rotations and everything he should be over 90. I still would have had h im at over 86 but the skating level is so high.

frida80

Record Breaker
Poor kid seemed scared to death. Was a little scratchy on the first two jumping passes and wasn't surprised he fell on the Axel. He's a beautiful person. Hope he can shake it off

It's not hair nerves. His skates are really bad right now. He's been struggling with them all week.

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
Chen's PCS are absurd, higher than Kolyada who is a better artistic skater anyway even with a fall, and way higher than Boyang who in many ways is a similar skater. Chen has better skating skills but Boyang had a far more entertaining and engaging program and skated cleanly. Like I said skatings new golden boy, hopefully Hanyu and Fernandez skate cleanly and jump a good 12+ points ahead of him and out of reach. Thanks to Nathan's fall, Chan and Uno also have a chance to be over him after the short if they go clean also.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
He will learn from this experience shake it off and do your best for the FP.
Good thing he did use his hand when he fell. I shouldn't. He is an athlete. But I treat him as if he was made of glass, when he falls.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I can't agree with that. Only 1.33 points behind Boyang with a fall is criminal. Love you aniway, Nathan :ghug: regroup and give us your 6 quads FS!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well, I'm pretty sure the people bashing him all over this forum don't feel too bad for his 3A fall. I kinda expected this to happen given his reported boot issues. Hope he is okay.

Oh, you know they were praying for him to mess up... and that sound you heard was them collectively busting out the party horns when they saw him fall. :sarcasm:

Altie

On the Ice
gotta love the french commentator for saying Nathan is awesome but gets gets too high PCs <3

Too bad for the 3A, though :(

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm proud of him for selling the heck out of that amazing StSq after the fall.

He'll still be in the medal hunt in the LP, though wouldn't surprise me if he's out of contention for gold.

It'll always depend on what the next group does, though. For better or worse.