2017 Worlds Men's FS | Page 85 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma's music and program is very interesting.

......and he's gaining strength as it progresses!!

Last edited:
Jin fine technically and cute but really those PCSs are way too high. People talk about Nathan's inflated component scores but really is Jin THAT good???

Oh, yes, yes, yes. Jin was that good. He will be edging into the low nines next year. (YMMD.)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Shoma brings to the ice what Daisuke did. Great choice of music. He can pull it off with such panache. Wish his free leg did not drop so low on some of his jump landings but he lands so deep that I guess there is nowhere else for the leg to go.

maldoror122

Rinkside
Yes for Yuzuru!!

Also delighted for Boyang. What a skate. His enthusiasm is so infectious.

I hope Javier comes back strong at the Olympics next year.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma brings to the ice what Daisuke did. Great choice of music. He can pull it off with such panache. Wish his free leg did not drop so low on some of his jump landings but he lands so deep that I guess there is nowhere else for the leg to go.

It's like he is the first to invent pointing your heel. Sometimes I like it sometimes my heart flutters.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ah poor Javier jamon. I hope he can hold his nerves in check next year and get an Olympic medal. He deserves one.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Yeah that sucks. This is a North American audience after all. Still think he has the best basis skating skills. He would have been brilliant at figures.

Yeah - wow. Pretty big slap in the face. I wonder if CBC would've ever skipped Michelle Kwan.

I love Patrick :luv17:.
I do not think his omission on NBC was a slap in the face -- although I wish NBC had shown his FS.

NBC had an hour of coverage of the men (including commercial breaks) -- meaning enough time to show six of their free skates.

NBC's audience first and foremost is American (as opposed to North American).

It is natural and understandable (IMO) that NBC wanted to show both Jason and Nathan.

NBC had time for four more men -- and went with the top four in the placements: Hanyu, Jin, Uno, Fernandez (reigning champion who skated last).

If Patrick had placed third instead of Boyang, NBC would have shown Patrick instead of Boyang -- in my strong opinion. YMMV.

da96103

Record Breaker
Has anyone else wondered what else Hanyu needs to do to get a +3 (+2.10) on his 3F? I think it's truly the most glorious jump. One of the most choreographically in sync jumps ever. He gets good height, distance, step before the jump, unexpected and very difficult entry, great exit and immediate transition. Honestly, if that jump isn't +3, I don't know what is. ..

Well, when the judges stop making space to mark their favorite skater higher later on. the Yuzu will get +3 across the boards.

da96103

Record Breaker
I personally like Yuzuru's program better. I don't really understand Uno's music, and it drove me crazy especially the vocal part. And I don't quite like Uno's quart-jumps. It looks pre-rotated and under rotated to me, and it appeared to me that he was using the free leg swipe out toward back to help him balance when landing the jumps. Not confident enough and comfortably stretch. I do think his 3A3T in the second half is pretty amazing. I don't have problem that he got fully goe for that jump. But to say he received the same level of pcs as Yuzuru, I personally can't agree. But judges love him now, so we will see

If you used the word 'crazy', you already understood the music.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Group 4:

These men are all gorgeous and astounding creatures. So honored to see masters at work.

Jin Boyang, I love you.
You are everything. I am so beyond proud and happy. I wholeheartedly disagree with anyone who believes he is somehow less than the others. He is just as amazing in every regard and he proved that today. He will always have to work 10% harder than the others. And that has won my heart and deep respect. Thank you Jin Boyang! You earned that medal.
Two time world bronze medalist!!! Yes!!!
What a wonderful way to end an amazing four days.
Happiness.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Nathan was way better at Nationals. Not only by landing his jumps but just being into the program better. To bad but he's so young and his presentation will only get better. He has the TES to challenge for podiums.

Nathan seemed to be under the weight of the situation he was in. He didn't have the normal fire he has in his eyes, he just seemed tired.

frida80

Record Breaker
Nathan seemed to be under the weight of the situation he was in. He didn't have the normal fire he has in his eyes, he just seemed tired.

His skate started to break during the warm up and finally broke after his Lutz. He was preoccupied with that. What a terrible time to have bad equipment.