2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Amy Lin of TPE in a maroon and gold dress. The fabric patterning is neat, and seems fitting for "Snake Woman"

Nice final I-spin!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oceane Piegad of FRA in a purple dress with lots of gold sparkle including the headband

She's tiny.

tjb

Match Penalty
but she was not faster

is this some kind of a joke? i keep hearing that "alena is slow", while she is one of the fastest ladies on the juniors field.
at the same time, rika have skated ridiculously slow today, and no one even noticed that. and saying that alena is not faster, it's just wow:laugh:
sometimes i wonder,what this people are watching

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm sad to see that Rika's program is not getting much appreciation here: try to rewatch it guys, it was really a joyful performance! :con3:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yelim Kim of KOR in a dress that fades from grey to black, with loooooooooots of sparkle.

I...would not think Cats from this dress

Daaaaaaamn that was a fast layback

nimi

Medalist
is this some kind of a joke? i keep hearing that "alena is slow", while she is one of the fastest ladies on the juniors field.
at the same time, rika have skated ridiculously slow today, and no one even noticed that. and saying that alena is not faster, it's just wow:laugh:
Okay, so some are saying Alena is slow (huh?!), and now others are saying that Rika was ridiculously slow today (huh?!). It's just wow :laugh: sometimes I wonder what these people are watching...

Kara

Final Flight
YELIM BABY THAT WSA SO MUCH BETTER THAN RIVERDANCE!!!!!!:sad4::sad4: Ted so much warmer to her today. Also is it just me or does her coach NEVER change facial expressions...?:slink:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm sad to see that Rika's program is not getting much appreciation here: try to rewatch it guys, it was really a joyful performance! :con3:

I do appreciate it... I just don't understand how Alena is only a point ahead. What I meant was that Alen's choreo is original whole Rika's is the same as a bunch of other skaters'... at some point it can't be called choreo because choreo implies originality...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Yes the steps sequence, which many people loved it, was so 2005: no interesting path, kinda slow, and too much 2foot skating...Then the lack of transitions was very noticeable.

Rika deserved that score, it's Alena that deserved a couple of points more in my opinion, but again judging is fine here, this is nitpicking.

Kara

Final Flight
Me when there are people seriously calling Rika's program not creative. It's one of the more original programs with its kung fu inspiration. Tom Dickinson did a great job with it and she performs it. She might not have been as into the step sequence as usual, but to accuse it not even being choreography is too much just because you thought your favorite should lead and which she is at the moment.:sarcasm:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Marusa Udrih (SLO) in a shiny red dress with silvery appliques

Rippon double

I kept feeling like those straps would snap on her dress.

whatif

Medalist
Nobody saying that Rika was not "joyful". In fact the top 3 ladies were ON. But Kostornaya skates very mature in every PCS element for this level and that should have been reflected. So making the Kihira is "more sophisticated" argument is silly to begin with and using it it against Kostornaya is even more puzzling.

lanark

On the Ice

In all fairness though, @FSGMT did not say "Alena is slow", just said she was not faster than Rika.
I think none of them are slow btw. Kihira's StSq seems a little slower than Alena's to me. But overall, Rika skates faster than Alena, probably because Alena has a lot of transitions.
Rika has enough transitions, but I feel that while Alena invests in the difficulty of them, Rika invests in the musicality of them.
As I said before, they have different style. That's it. They are equally great. No need to fight! :laugh: