2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Mens SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Mens SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Yuzuru cannot allow underrotations like this. Pops are his enemy, but underrotations really hurt. Nathan Chen is getting better and better. In this form he will surely win Skate America. And he has a 6 week competition break now. Not bad at all! :agree:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan's skating is so awesome. :love: The style, rhythm of his Nemesis SP ... but especially, the way he dances it, that relaxed-looking movement when the program as a whole has those huge jumps, it's all just spectacular. He's one of those skaters who stands up to the pressure of the moment.

IMO his PCS should have been higher, considering the quality of his skating, musicality, interpretation and performance. But the judges were saving their PCS high marks for Kolyada ... who didn't live up to them.

I agree. Nathan was great today. I love his program and the way he performed it. All that and a quad lutz and quad flip!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
For those knowledgeable what is the meaning of that V at in the initials for combination spin (CCoSp3V) This was Deniss' spin.

evasorange

Final Flight
I'm just able to access the forums...please tell me everyone else here is just as confused as I am as to why Kolada is in fourth scored above men who did successful combos??? Why does he get such pcs boost when half the time it looks like he would rather be anywhere else??

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm so proud of Dima and Deniss :luv17: Misha Ge was also great. It was obvious beforehand that Mikhail would be propped up no matter what, but it's still beyond annoying to see him get overscored again & again. He should not be in 4th place...that's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just able to access the forums...please tell me everyone else here is just as confused as I am as to why Kolada is in fourth scored above men who did successful combos??? Why does he get such pcs boost when half the time it looks like he would rather be anywhere else??

Because he is the Russian national champ and has been anointed, you see. It's a joke.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
This is hard for me to swallow... I like Kolyada but his performance today with no combo and fall shouldn't be in 4th ahead of 2 clean programs. When he's clean I think he deserves that PCS but today he should be in 6th.

jan

On the Ice
So no one is outraged that Yuzuru had skating Skill marks of 9.75 with an under rotation and turnout and a fall? If that had been Chan people would be losing it.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So no one is outraged that Yuzuru had skating Skill marks of 9.75 with an under rotation and turnout and a fall? If that had been Chan people would be losing it.

what skating skill has to do with that I don't know

Hanyu is such headache, he had that 4T3t basically in the bag and such mistake :palmf: Hoping for better LP and land that quad lutz. Camera work was a bit off for me..

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I am, but it isn't about Chan. And it isn't even about just the one judge with 9.75. It's across the board, the skating skills and performance marks were too high for today's performance. I could see his performance was off from the beginning, when he usually is spot on with a beat in the music, and he makes a sharp movement that is just sublime with the music. But today it was a split second off, and there were other places in the program that were a bit off too.

For his PCS overall to be 4 points higher than Nathan's is about reputation only. This creates a disconnect with the emotion and with the audience and makes it all too obvious that a program isn't judged by the performance on the day.

jan

On the Ice
When a program has a turn out and a fall the skating skill mark should be affected. Now you know.

what skating skill has to do with that I don't know

Hanyu is such headache, he had that 4T3t basically in the bag and such mistake :palmf: Hoping for better LP and land that quad lutz. Camera work was a bit off for me..

jan

On the Ice
Not so. See definition...edge control and flow.....Skating Skills

Defined by overall cleanness and sureness, edge control and flow over the ice surface demonstrated by a command of the skating vocabulary (edges, steps, turns etc.), the clarity of technique and the use of effortless power to accelerate and vary speed.
In evaluating the Skating Skills, the following must be considered:
• Use of deep edges, steps and turns;
• Balance, rhythmic knee action and precision of foot placement;
• Flow and glide;
• Varied use of power, speed and acceleration;
• Use of multi directional skating;
• Use of one foot skating.

this should be reflected in performance, not in skating skills

deedee1

Record Breaker
I LOOOOVED Nathan's program! :yahoo: Who did the choreo? My guess is Shae-Lynn?
Also loved Dima. He looks less fragile, manly/grown up, so mature this season, very different of my image from previous seasons.:thumbsup:
A bit surprised Yuzu got UR call on quad, which was something rather rare before wasn't it.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the forum is slowing down...The server is gonna explode before the Olympics:devil:

I was hoping GS would invest in more server space after Sochi because this site is next to useless when it gets busy and this isn't even the Olympics or Worlds or Nationals imagine how slow it will be then.

My stream has died a slow and sputtery death but I got what I came for. I liked the bits of Nathan's program that I could see.

Plushy, ugh, this site is soooo slow!!

We are aware and working to make it as fast as possible. Please keep in mind that the site is free and we let everyone in :) Thanks to those of you who have become GS Supporters! Every little bit counts!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Nathan's skating is so awesome. :love: The style, rhythm of his Nemesis SP ... but especially, the way he dances it, that relaxed-looking movement when the program as a whole has those huge jumps, it's all just spectacular. He's one of those skaters who stands up to the pressure of the moment.

IMO his PCS should have been higher, considering the quality of his skating, musicality, interpretation and performance. But the judges were saving their PCS high marks for Kolyada ... who didn't live up to them.

While i agree that Kolyada was saved by the components (he has a good artistry though but the mistakes were there...), i think Dmitri was even better than Nathan artistically (much better posture), and his PCS was even lower.

DexterK

On the Ice
NO- NOT ALL russians skaters are overscored- for example Anna Pogo will never be overscored. for reasons I dont know, unfortunately. Some of them are constantly .Chill out. Dont start those games all over again. we are not here only for russian. This is global site

I believe one reason we don't typically see Pogorilaya "over scored" is because there are often other Russian ladies who maintain a medal position. With Kolyada, such is not the case and he is propped up by judges... especially here at Rostelecom, as I don't think Aliev is seen as a lock for a medal in the minds of judges just yet.

chillgil

Match Penalty
i just hope as the season moves forward we all remember that artistry and interpretation is only a factor of what goes into your PCS . . . there are things like skating skills and transitions that will propel the top skaters ahead of the slightly less skilled, but slightly more passionately performing ones, as this has been the case for yeeeeaaaaarrrrssssssssss one would think fs fans would have learned by now

da96103

Record Breaker
For those knowledgeable what is the meaning of that V at in the initials for combination spin (CCoSp3V) This was Deniss' spin.

Poor Sabrina. Your question had been buried under an avalanche of disagreements.

Someone explained it last season. The V indicates the spin did not reach the level stated for some reason.

Can someone give a clearer explanation?

tjb

Match Penalty
i wish that aliev kept his last season's sp, which is really showcasing his qualties. the masquerade it too generic, and don't helping him with PCS