2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

badknees

Medalist
Maybe Caro cn stay 4 more years to get in on the change of doing a tech program and an artistic program!

Leonardo

Final Flight
We have to find a new word to describe Medvedeva's overscoring. Overscored, inflated etc are not enough anymore.

moriel

Record Breaker
I agree, they are not, but given how politicized FS is, and how much influence Russia has... especially since often these judges are actually Russian and most definitely have ties with the skating federation there.

"these judges are actually Russian" you should go to Ukraine and tell this to people there, and see what they say ;)

Folks, again, ex soviet states are not necessary even close to be pro-russian. In fact, they may dislike russia a lot (actually, out of the places i visited, 2 soviet satellites were the places where i fell less comfortable for being russian, WAY less comfortable than in USA, for example). For example, between a polish judge and an american one, if i had to chose one to suspect he/she is supporting russian skaters, id pick the american one.

b-man

Final Flight
Rad underscored.

Med overscored, but the clear winner.

Kostner should be behind Wakaba.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I'm playing L'Apres Midi d'un Faun right now in my university orchestra. Caro's program is divine, beautifully interpreted, and even better clean- I was looking along with my music and humming along (and trying to find the page after the music cuts LOL).
If only I could perform this with Caro skating live in front of us. Ah, the dream.

Tulipstar

Medalist
transcendent? I find her skating very routh , when she does STEPSE@ and executin jumps

Seriously, have you ever made a post where you're not complaining about Medvedeva?

There have been may awesome ladies skating today, but you only appear after Medevdeva has skated to complain about her. Why not try to find something positive about any skater instead of just focusing on your hate for one skater?

Do you even like figure skating?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Just imagine this event in whole not in Russia. There's no way Medvedeva would win it.
It... really wasn't that close.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, have you ever made a post where you're not complaining about Medvedeva?

There have been may awesome ladies skating today, but you only appear after Medevdeva has skated to complain about her. Why not try to find something positive about any skater instead of just focusing on your hate for one skater?

Do you even like figure skating?
Indeed. Even in the Men's FS thread he/she was making sure to always complain about Medvedeva in addition to whatever else he/she was discussing. Some people have too much free time.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Caro -- and the bonus is the infamous Mishin hand shake in the K & C. :love:

qwertyskates

Medalist
I prefer Kostner's smooth, dreamy skating program to the "acting" theatrical type of programs like Medvedeva's or Wagner's. :luv17:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Medvedeva is the clear winner today (isn't she always), and I won't discuss her scoring because well, it really doesn't matter, does it?

Kostner for me was the clear silver and Higuchi was the clear bronze- no matter how much we like to bicker over the scoring, the judges usually get the podium right one way or another.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
On the on side I must admit it was a really nice program (and I don't love her at all). On the other hand does she just hope they will give her a massive scores for long legs and skating skills? Yes I know they will, but really? no 3Lz, no 3+3...Sometimes you can read opinions on scoring system and how it values difficulty over artistry. And then she comes and doesn't even try? Of course because she can afford it but it is unfair. #sorrrynotsorry
Also what I find funny is who she has as her coach. Remember Mishin after Plushy (with quads but not exactly clean program) lost to Evan (with no quads but better artistry) in Vancouver 2010? And now he doesn't complain? Interesting isn't it?

Her TES was of course behind Medvedeva's. And the transitions part of PCS. But skating skills, performance/execution, interpretation, and choreography should definitely have been higher.

And maybe, just maybe, she's not assuming judges should give her certain placements, and is instead skating for the love of it and letting the chips fall where they may.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Rad underscored.

Med overscored, but the clear winner.

Kostner should be behind Wakaba.
I can see your point in the 2 latter points, but Radionova underscored? She completely lacked a jumping pass and had a fall for -1, which means that she automatically got dinged for around 7 points for just that. And her PCS was 69 which isn't what she's gained even when at her best. How can you possibly consider that underscored?

Roast Toast

Medalist
How long has it been since Caro's first season on the senior GP circuit? Like 15 years? I can't believe she might make the GPF again, tbh I'm willing to overlook any reputation scoring in her favour :giveup:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Carolina skates with such regalness. I realize she skates a lot more simply than others but it is so elegant and sophisticated. But I can see how others will do pc wise because their transitions are far more difficult. At least the judging was consistent. No one was under 100 in the freeskate. Evgenia has pretty well plateaued out on her scores unless she learns how to back load more. Kostner has a fair amount of room to grow. Wakababy looks to be the break out star of this season. She really has laid down the gloves against her compatriots. She wants to go to the Olympics.

madison

Record Breaker
We have to find a new word to describe Medvedeva's overscoring. Overscored, inflated etc are not enough anymore.

What can we do? :scratch3:It's just a trend, I 'm sure that this will pass sooner or later
And the judges will have other favorites and the story will be the same until the whole system will be changed.

Tulipstar

Medalist
It... really wasn't that close.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Even in the Men's FS thread he/she was making sure to always complain about Medvedeva in addition to whatever else he/she was discussing. Some people have too much free time.

Exactly. I can understand not liking a skater, but if you only post about the skater you dislike, it's unhealthy. Have seen him/her complain about Medvedeva in a Junior Grand Prix thread as well.

Purv

Match Penalty
Caro was good, but technically she is not there. Sorry, but thanks for trying. People love you

Status
Not open for further replies.