2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

nimi

Medalist
I think that Jones/Boyadji would be the host pick, yes? There aren't three french pairs? If so they don't have to be in the list of replacements or really anything at all, the French Fed can effectively name anyone...
Oh yeah, that'd explain it.

I'm bummed for Duskova/Bidar but happy for Zoe&Chris.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
France should pick Cain/LeDuc. At least he has a French surname. And France has no U.S. pairs.

I mean if they wanted to go based on French connections, Camille Ruest and Andrew Wolfe would make much more sense. She's Québécoise and they train in Montreal. And are high up on the SB list, a bit below C/L. Of course that's not how they'll choose anyways.

I'd like to see them get one though. I'd rather see both them and C/L have one than C/L have two.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Can someone post a link to the updated list of ladies competing in all the GPs?

Just so you're aware, there's a handy dandy recent addition to the main page with standings links (JGP/GP/Challenger/World Standings/Season Rankings) and it also includes the links for the most recent GP entries. It's a sidebar box with the header "ISU Figure Skating Standings"

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Just so you're aware, there's a handy dandy recent addition to the main page with standings links (JGP/GP/Challenger/World Standings/Season Rankings) and it also includes the links for the most recent GP entries. It's a sidebar box with the header "ISU Figure Skating Standings"

this is awesome... thanks for sharing and to Goldenskate for adding it!

nimi

Medalist
Oh, hadn't noticed that! Thanks for pointing this out & thank you mods! Very handy!

(The pairs GP entries link doesn't work for me, though. When I click the link and it goes to the address http://static.isu.org/media/516607/gp_pairs.pdf I get "The requested page can't be found.")

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
your link gives the may 2017 version before any of the host picks had been chosen.

Oh, OK. I'll just delete. I just followed the posted link.

I tried going directly to isu.org; the pairs page there does not show the WD of Anna/Martin.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh, OK. I'll just delete. I just followed the posted link.

I tried going directly to isu.org; the pairs page there does not show the WD of Anna/Martin.

Sometimes it takes a bit for known changes to go up.

Oh, hadn't noticed that! Thanks for pointing this out & thank you mods! Very handy!

(The pairs GP entries link doesn't work for me, though. When I click the link and it goes to the address http://static.isu.org/media/516607/gp_pairs.pdf I get "The requested page can't be found.")

http://www.isu.org/docman-documents...-6/series-files-10/entries/7517-gp-pairs/file

If you look the other URLs, there's a pattern at the end. It goes 7514-gp-icedance, 7515-gp-ladies, 7516-gp-men.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick is out of NHK, replaced by Keegan Messing. Sorry 4everchan. :console:

oh lord.... i love keegan... and NHK audience will love him.... so i am very happy about that.

But Patrick needs a new coach :) there... said it... bad strategic planning all season. He is the kind of skater who needs to skate and get used to new programs... he will mess up a lot before he gets clean..... well... no nhk... no gpf... no 4cc this year as it is too close to games... so i guess nationals and games? crazy.... i hope skate canada forces him to do challenge (canadian qualifiers LOL)

frida80

Record Breaker
oh lord.... i love keegan... and NHK audience will love him.... so i am very happy about that.

But Patrick needs a new coach :) there... said it... bad strategic planning all season. He is the kind of skater who needs to skate and get used to new programs... he will mess up a lot before he gets clean..... well... no nhk... no gpf... no 4cc this year as it is too close to games... so i guess nationals and games? crazy.... i hope skate canada forces him to do challenge (canadian qualifiers LOL)

Patrick never should've had Marina from the start. There I said it.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
My relatively uneducated opinion, because I've only watched Patrick a few times, is that he'd do well with Ravi.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I loved the Chinese ice dancers Song and Sun at last year's 4 Continents. Does anyone know why they withdrew from Cup of China? Are they still skating together? I really want to see them again!

For those we were following 4 Continents dance on the board, Sun was widely admired and known as "Mr Single Ladies". He really got into Beyonce's music.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I loved the Chinese ice dancers Song and Sun at last year's 4 Continents. Does anyone know why they withdrew from Cup of China? Are they still skating together? I really want to see them again!

For those we were following 4 Continents dance on the board, Sun was widely admired and known as "Mr Single Ladies". He really got into Beyonce's music.

I remember that guy! He was great. :biggrin:

Some crazy part of me wishes we could see the North Korean pair at a GP event. Think about how much news and buzz that would create!

euroskate

Final Flight
I remember that guy! He was great. :biggrin:

Some crazy part of me wishes we could see the North Korean pair at a GP event. Think about how much news and buzz that would create!

like your idea, but i guess they neverever get visa in time

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Zijun Li has now been removed from her France assignment.
Source
Reason seems to be unspecified injury?
:sad21: