2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Matilda Algotsson on the replacement list? Now that Joshi gave up competitive skating, Matilda will probably get the olympic spot. It would be awsome for her to get the experience of a Grand Prix.

She's #71 on the SB list and didn't do the JGP this season. Galustyan was #64.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken Kailani trains in Los Angeles.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That's still an expensive transportation cost. If the French Fed makes a replacement at all, it will be with a European skater.

Except that they just filled a pair spot with Castelli/Train instead of a European team.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I updated the original post of this thread with the entry PDF links for your reference.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The entire Pairs SB list from which the replacement list is drawn has only 88 entries, and many on the list are no longer actively competing or have split. OTOH, the Ladies list has over 250 entries.

Castelli/Tran got the spot because there aren't that many eligible Pairs teams and most of the European ones have previously competed on the JGP, or already have two GP assignments, or aren't currently competing. The last TDF replacement, Jones/Boyadji, are British but weren't even on the replacement list.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Regarding Castelli/Tran getting the spot in France: for whatever it's worth, they got a higher score than Cain/LeDuc at their GP. Who knows if that had anything to do with them being selected, though. We may be thinking harder about it than the French Fed did.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Great news! I'm so happy for them! Who did they replace?

I love how NHK is dedicated to filling all the spots. The others should learn from them.

they haven't always done so... i think that this year, gp are being kinder all around... it's probably something the ISU has told them : get spots utilized, this is an olynpic year!!! So who has w/d then? It doesn't say....

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Entry list is out and Penny & Nick are replacing Tobias/Tkachenko