2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

skatinggold

On the Ice
Why is this Osmond getting such inflated scores again. With that skate, she shouldn't even hit 61 with that. Overscored.

snd

On the Ice
laurine was robbed of higher pcs!

and what a damn pity about liza's botched program. she skated so well in china and i suspect the unfair low-balling there destroyed her confidence.

sotskova - GORGEOUS DRESS! and she's growing on me. watching her i realized that after gracie's bad seasons i started missing a proper ice princess par excellence and here we have one - maria. cannot get more perfect-princessy than her in this program. hoping for an oly medal for her.

osmond performed well but idk about that score... it's the SHORT program and with these mistakes...

newyn

On the Ice
Not Mai's best skate but I have to say, I have really become a big fan. She is just so gorgeous, her programs this year are gorgeous, her costumes are gorgeous. She is not giving much face but she is interpreting the music beautifully, with her whole body. She has the edge control to really skate to the music and I appreciate that more than dramatic facial expressions.

I like so many of the Japanese ladies and it's such a shame that only two of them can go to the Olympics.

UpNorth

Rinkside
They have ways of fixing TES scores as well. IMO she was overscored in both TES and PCS.
I know they did it to Kostner, but I don't agree with that either.

UpNorth

Rinkside
@Fruitpie,
Gotta give her a boost somehow! 😉
I seriously am almost dreading the Olympics now. I'm afraid all we will see is partiality and the good skates won't be rewarded. 😕
I know judging is subjective. But it's not subjective enough that we haven't been able to see corruption this season.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Why is this Osmond getting such inflated scores again. With that skate, she shouldn't even hit 61 with that. Overscored.

Why? It is due to her skating skills, her speed and overall presentation. I suggest you watch the British commentators (link below), who imo are fair, independent and see things as they are, as they were in the building seeing it live. To recap, what they said was, that she might take the lead due to her second mark, ..."yes, the best by some considerable margin, in this event". And..."she really does have the assurity and the look of a contender for an Olympic medal" .

Beyond her jumps, which some consider the best in the business when landed, there are other factors as to why she has risen to the top the past 2 seasons. Again, I cannot underestimate seeing these events live, as there is a difference that to me (for those who have not attended) as indescribable. Seeing that Lutz at nationals Halifax, in my corner of the rink - made me, and others around me (including World Champion and Olympic medalists, Jeff Buttle, seated in front of me) collectively,
GASP! :jaw:

And Jeff, was not working with Team Ravi, at the time. Here's the B ESP feed from today, skatinggold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2eR8kGV3lI

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Dear Kaetlyn,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIzVCwhHcWc

:dbana:

I know she's in first, but I don't know if that lead will be big enough for a win. Could've capitalized more on this terribly skated event.

Gravy my friend, and with all respect, a little more positivity, please. ;) It's been months since her sp did not go well for her. Hey, like all of them/us, she is human.

Perhaps this time, her Swan will make it happen for KO.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It's become worse, unfortunately. My favorite by hers is the SP in practice from before the season started. Since then I've sort of become confused about why exactly I liked the program back then...

I think it's hasty and rushed, definitely. I just don't feel a whole lot of connection to the music at all.

Yeah, i just loved her in that programme first time i saw her. But it must be the nerves, i mean when you are Russian no2 (based on last Nationals) these days, everybody expecting a medal from you all the time, no matter how unexpirienced you exactly are.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Just got to watch Yuna. What is in the Japanese water these days? They just keep putting out these skaters with great basics. Lovely hands and softness in her interpretation. I do wish she would improve her back position however.

studentsb

Rinkside
Omg Alina, no!! :cry: So much pressure now for her to skate cleanly tomorrow in order to medal and make the GPF.. Alina, please!! Rooting for you.