2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
So if Maria is second in the end will she kick Wakaba out of the final? :scratch2:

Its very possible that nobody will kick out Wakaba. Zhenya, Caro and Kaetlyn are in, and probably Alina (if she finish unless 3th, which is high possible, and she even has chances with 4th), then the rest 2 places will be between Wakaba, Maria, Polina and Ashley. Maria and Polina with 2nd place are higher than Wakaba, and if Ashley win SA she is higher than them all. If Maria and Polina finish 3rd and Ashley 2nd, Wakaba is probably in, based on high scores she got. Wakaba will be in hardest position if Alina finish 4th, Maria 2nd and Mai finish 1st, so she should be rooting for Kaetlyn and Alina to be 1st and 2nd here.

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Not Mai's best skate but I have to say, I have really become a big fan. She is just so gorgeous, her programs this year are gorgeous, her costumes are gorgeous. She is not giving much face but she is interpreting the music beautifully, with her whole body. She has the edge control to really skate to the music and I appreciate that more than dramatic facial expressions.

I like so many of the Japanese ladies and it's such a shame that only two of them can go to the Olympics.

ITA. I was glad to see her with the second highest PCS here, and with good GOE on her footwork sequence as well.

So much pressure on these Japanese ladies with only two spots. :/

Purv

Match Penalty
Lol she was over scored as usual

and Alina was not? Onliy one clean triple and 62 ?? Please, stop those nagging
If Osmond got such scores, UR lutz with a fall , cumbo with UR second jump and a hands down and ended up with 62 .you woldnt stop talking

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Really happy for Laurine and Mae-Berenice! They both improved on their previous performances here, and it was great to see Mae-Berenice looking happy with her skating again and Laurine getting back over 60. Fingers crossed that Laurine can squeak into the top six if she goes clean in her FS...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
and Alina was not? Onliy one clean triple and 62 ?? Please, stop those nagging
If Osmond got such scores, UR lutz with a fall , cumbo with UR second jump and a hands down and ended up with 62 .you woldnt stop talking
Osmond wouldn't get 62 with that. She'd get around 67.

Also: How many clean triples did Osmond perform this program?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Anybody have a sense for why Lecavelier's PCS was lower than Tursynbaeva, Mihara, and Zagitova's?

I rewatched them all and it seems really strange to me.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Osmond has a senior program. Can't say that about Zagitova.

I don't like the way Zagitova performs the program, no. I just was talking about the technical stuff. Is a UR'd 3Lo combo a worse achievement than a 2T combo? Not to me.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Osmond has a senior program. Can't say that about Zagitova.
Technically since a solo Lutz was required on JGP this year you are not correct....at least not in that aspect. Both girls left a lot of points on the table....is that a junior or senior thing? ;)

Personally I'm not worried about Zagitova. A 4th place would be enough to make the GP Finals. Her LP is a high scorer no matter what.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad I decided to go back and watch Masha's skate from today!! She always makes me a happy Panda

💕🐼💕

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Technically since a solo Lutz was required on JGP this year you are not correct....at least not in that aspect. Both girls left a lot of points on the table....is that a junior or senior thing? ;)

girls were allowed a solo double lutz on the junior circuit...