2017 GPF Men's SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's SP

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I can't believe how much Jason's program has grown on me since the first time I saw it. Part of my enjoyment comes from how much HE enjoys skating to it. Joy just radiates from him.

Exactly. Jason can sell anything, but he will fleece the pants off you when he loves what he's selling too.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
nice slowmo of Russian split and slowed it even more when he was on the air! :clap:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I love Hamilton, but I wonder is someone who doesn't know the show would get this program.

Oops, that was a weird flub on his illusion

Actually I do have that problem. Jason skated well, but I can't get together his dress with the music and the performance with the supposed theme. Weird mix. :shrug:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Jason does gorgeous things on the ice. The program doesn't really work for me but it connects with the audience which is more important

The Japanese obviously love him. Which was lovely to see.

Oh Jason, you were born 15 years too late. If you had been born then we'd be hailing you as one of the all time greats. But skating is and always will be a jumping game.

auser

Record Breaker
I love Hamilton, but I wonder is someone who doesn't know the show would get this program.

Oops, that was a weird flub on his illusion
I forget that international fans are not saturated with Hamilton like USA folks during PBS pledge drives :laugh:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I read up on the musical and looked up the lyrics, it makes a whole lot more sense to me now. It was just weird before. :noshake:

Yeah, you wouldn't exactly expect a figure skating program to a rap musical about pedantic minutiae of American revolutionary history to be that dynamic... but such is the magic of Jason Brown and Hamilton.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Programs like Jason's and Adam's still make me wish for the sung music ban to return so that the skaters could save themselves from themselves.

Wonder how long it'll take for us to have figure skating to death metal. That I at least could appreciate.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Adam's jumps are so solid(ugh almost) great spins also + the rest :clap: lots of GOE

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I love this program, I'm so glad Adam brought it back. :laugh2:

He's doing a better job with it this year, too! I would say Jason is a question mark, but Adam has a strong strong case for an Oly spot

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i dont remember Adam spinning this good last season, his spins are great this year! esp that layback :luv17: