2017 GPF Men's SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How can you be annoyed by an incredibly talented angel?!

Well, the way his fans fawn and coo over him like he's a precocious child, for one thing. And I've seen him live 3x and felt absolutely nothing...the prerotated jumps...you get the picture.

slider11

Medalist
Nathan, it seems, has the almost freakish ability to hold onto *any* jump. This will benefit him enormously over others at Oly when the nerves it on, so long as he doesn't pop.

Good point! Yes, Nathan grabs on to those landings and won't let go. That will serve him well when it comes to working through the nerves at Nationals and Olympics. I agree that Shoma and Nathan are "neck and neck" at this point. I do think Mikhail was given generous marks putting him almost at 100.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Is there ever controversy over Jason Brown's miming? (Just noticed it tonight and I was curious because I know miming is a constant flashpoint on the forum.)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Eh, I wouldn't agree. I feel like these unlikely finalists are really giving the performances their all, in the absence of the distinguished frontrunners. Sure the tech content isn't as high, but the performers are great!

I see what you mean about this being their moment to shine, but I just feel like there are too many of the best of the best missing for me to be as excited as I would normally be. I still appreciate all of the competitors of course, don't get me wrong. But, I am a bit underwhelmed :\

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ive already said it, so im done :biggrin: Jason fans should speak tho :devil:

It's not the first time Nathan passed Jason in PCS (it also happened at 2017 4CC) and Jason didn't skate a clean program relatively speaking.

Jason gets good PCS despite not having the "I can do quads" bonus, so that's fine with me.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, I for one actually enjoyed Chen's performance significantly more than Brown's. I think that he's taken great strides in that regard. His performance and inter was the best of the night by far for me.

LadyB

Record Breaker
My my, Orser isn't even here this time around is he? Never occurred to me, I'm used to seeing him all the time with everyone.

All three of them were a bit unlucky so far this season. Brian needed an op, Yuzu is injured and Javi was sick during his first GP outing (he won the second, though). Better now than later. They'll be back with a vengeance!

bobbob

Medalist
Shoma's scores are too high. I don't know how all these people who dislike Evgenia's jumps can be Shoma fans because his prerotation is even worse than hers. He does have a great flair but his GOEs were way too high for the quad flip (which had zero preceding steps, massive prerotation, and was underrotated), i would have scored -2, or the quad toe-triple toe, which had no speed and a scratchy landing (0 GOE from me).