2017 GPF Ladies SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Ladies SP

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Okay let's leave prerotations aside... I've long since given up on any penalty being applied to prerotations anyway, in BV or in GOE :)

Let's just look at the landing and the landing alone... how was that not a 3Lz<+3T< ?? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so things didn't work out as planned. I didn't get the video checked at the time I intended last night and, when I did, I discovered that I had to make a couple of changes. And because of the length of the video, it took over an hour to process into a file. Consequently, I didn't get the upload started until a lot later than planned (quarter to midnight), which meant that it wasn't finished uploading until about 1pm, by which stage not just the Ladies SP but also the Men's FS were actually over!

So, apologies that this is being posted long after the competition finished!

Here is the link for the archived World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...x-finals/9e60abd2-1584-49ef-8eab-eefd81e7fdfd

Unfortunately, neither of this morning's competitions were shown on Eurosport’s linear TV channels. :disapp:

...BUT, there will be highlights tonight at various times depending on where you are.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player (starts at 20m 40s. End of Men's FS on beforehand. Cuts off halfway through Kaetlyn Osmond's FS, and the programme on afterwards wasn't archived):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...goya-jpn/2d60c304-c23b-4b92-a87e-1961ce0d9480

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpf1718/time0203.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpf1718/data0203.htm

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Elucidus

Match Penalty
72.82 is the lowest score and the lowest quality element was a somewhat shakily landed 3-2. Looks like a good event. Spectacular, to be exact.
No. It's nothing special compared to ladies JGPF.

But I still think the finals need a second group of six. As it is now it's over in just 50 minutes and feels even only half as long.

Just watch JGPF as well. It did the trick for me, and honestly, juniors were much more better.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow, Zagitoca's PCS personal best for the SP went from 31.64 to 35.06 and she didn't even skate clean. :laugh: :rolleye:

I just don't get the Tudberidze team's reaction in the KnC. I really would love to know what exactly they expected. And they know very well that if Alina skates like she did in the past competitions she has won.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
No. It's nothing special compared to ladies JGPF.

Just watch JGPF as well. It did the trick for me, and honestly, juniors were much more better.

Yeah, truly. This might be the season the juniors legitimately are better than the seniors.

I hope that on Saturday the senior ladies' GPF audience arrives early enough to see the juniors as well. They deserve a large crowd.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
When Kolyada landed the textbook perfect 4lz, he received 0 GOE - the reason being he lacked difficult enough transitions.

So now when Alina did really difficult charlotte split jump transitions into 2A, transitions do not add GOE.:sarcasm:

Not true ... that was because solo jump is required to have preceding steps (and there it lacked it), still only some applied penalty.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean, you can't have opinions on video evidence. If the rule's 90 degrees, the rule's 90 degrees. Just like you can't have an opinion that 2+2=5.

That's what I mean, really - It's easy to verify no matter if the technical caller marks it or does not.

Note my argument isn't "She got marked for UR", just "She underrotated the jump". You're arguing against the first one but I'm arguing for the second. If your opinion on the second one is completely reliant on the first one, it's called "appeal to authority" which is a logical fallacy. Simply put, "experts tend to be correct but they can be wrong, too".

Her jumps look within a quarter turn to me.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
Yeah, truly. This might be the season the juniors legitimately are better than the seniors.

Juniors are definitely NOT better than seniors. Skating doesn't just revolve around triple-triples.
Those girls are nowhere near the skating quality or performance skills of the senior ladies. Just look how poor Zagitova looks when you compare her to the older ladies.

I find such statements completely unfair to senior skaters. Yes, they're less consistent which is understandable, but I'd take their maturity over the bland programs of those 13 year olds any day.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

https://imgflip.com/gif/20psz6

On the 3T here, too?

Juniors are definitely NOT better than seniors. Skating doesn't just revolve around triple-triples.
Those girls are nowhere near the skating quality or performance skills of the senior ladies. Just look how poor Zagitova looks when you compare her to the older ladies.

I find such statements completely unfair to senior skaters. Yes, they're less consistent which is understandable, but I'd take their maturity over the bland programs of those 13 year olds any day.

Well, Zagitova's not someone whose performance / inter abilities I was impressed by even when she was in juniors. But I think you're in turn being unfair to juniors here.

For the SPs, I'd take the best junior performances over any senior performances in this GPF. We'll see how it is in the FS.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Maybe they are within (some, not all - or at least compared to how some other skaters get carrots for similar landings from panel) but they don't look completely backwards either. Combine that with the fact that Satoko jumps also are excessively prerotated (today they definitely were) and it should be punished even according to the current rules. But there's no even one < in her protocol and +GOE on top of that :confused: :noshake: Satoko should have been in the 6th place today with her score somewhere in 60s. I was glad to see that her PCS were properly rewarded again (finally) but that TES makes me uneasy. Anyway receiving high PCS does not prop you all that much when other contenders receive similar (Zagitova's nonsensical scoring imo - springs to mind ) or even higher PCS. And yes a case can be made about some junior Eteri girls being more refined than Zagitova is atm.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
one of those rare moments when people bash not the skater who finished first, but the ones who finished second and last :laugh2:

It's obvious because with current standings it's likely that Alina is going to win overall. That's why there is all this "lol pcs" waterflow.

Alina is a representative of the interim generation of skaters. She is past the previous one - I am sure it will be a piece of cake for her to hold the lines, to do telegraphed jumps, to have many crossovers. She could have brought whatever musicality and aesthetics some users here find in the previous generation. Because it's much easier than what she delivers. And it does not go the other way - Caro with all due respect has been never capable of doing what Alina can. Too hard - continuous difficult transitions, difficult combos, backloading. All this is rewarded and rightfully rewarded. And the loss in pcs aspects for me is only in the eyes of beholders who dream of the old good times when the grass was greener.

As I said Alina represents the interim generation before the new one come forward. They will be able to do everything that Alina is doing plus 3As and quads. Sasha Trusova may be the first representative of this new generation. Anna Scherbakova if well may join her. It will never be the same: skaters with just a 3-2 combo won't get to GPF no matter how much "musicality" and sacred SS they profess. We have to wait for several years more. And Eteri agrees with that.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mishin obviously retired his checked shirt..I was hoping he'd at least bring back the old man driving hat.

Seems to pop cost her and she's below Wakaba, which is fair enough. (Or is it above? I lost count of skaters so far?)

And here comes Kaetlyn, I like this program, so French (she's Canadian, but whatevs ;) )

French Canadian as in French speaking Montreal

beki

Medalist
Wakaba got screwed again. Satoko’s presence here did her no favors. She should be contending for medals and they were ready to put her last in the hierarchy! Though yes, her team needs to wise up about squeezing out GOE. Maria is another favorite of mine, but to finish behind her is an unwelcome shock.

Satoko’s artistry stood very well against Carolina’s.

Kaetlyn came through today and Zagitova was tentative, a situation likely to reverse tomorrow. Watching Zagitova makes me miss Medvedeva.

Aino

Rinkside
The result of this competition seems predetermined. Alina skated about clean and has 6 points more that her best! Kaetlyn also skated clean and why doesn't she get 6 points rise in her best score?? And how can Alina's interpretation score be higher than Wakaba's? In my screen Alina isn't interpreting the music at all.
I just hope Kaetlyn skates her FP with attitude despite the scoring. If it doesn't give her a medal, at least it gives me a lot of joy.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Upon rewatching, Satoko should've gotten URs on both her 3Lz and 3T, pre-rotation aside. Well anyway, i'm just happy she's getting 35 PCS for her beautiful program. I actually prefer her skating more than Caro's now.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm still puzzled why Wakaba's scores aren't going through the typical inflation a skater's scores usually goes through when they start performing consistently. Her scores have been great compared to her junior years, but they've pretty much been stagnant from the beginning of the season (compared to her competitors) despite consistent showings :confused2: She could trade the 3F for a 3Lo but that lowers her BV and she's already not being rewarded for consistency

anyanka

Record Breaker
Can I just give major props to ALL six competitors today? They absolutely killed it.

- Kaetlyn wears that program like she's wearing her favourite outfit. It looks great on her and she was flawless.
- Alina had that minor step-out but she seems to have overcome her issues with the SP to date this season. She could perfect it and take it to nearly 80 pts. by the Olympics
- Satoko had a slow start to the season, but seems to have found her groove.
- Masha got a personal best, woohoo!!
- Wakaba was clean, powerful and beautiful. She is gunning for that national title and looks like a legit contender for the games podium. Considering she was 11th in last season's worlds, this is a remarkable improvement.
- Carolina looked fabulous as always. That score normally would have put her at the top in most competitions, but since everyone was on point, there's no shame in placing 6th overnight, she delivered too.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The bottom line for this event is that Alina has all but won the GPF. With her "generous" PCS on her short program and her backloaded long, no one can beat her. Only she can beat herself.