2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s cat nap time. Hmmm, the ladies free starts at 3:40 EST?

I actually remembered to set my alarm tonight. :laugh: I’ll be bummed if I conk out cold, as I’m excited for the last two groups of ladies, plus I don’t mind watching the lower groups either, of course. :)

auser

Record Breaker
I'm already too tired to remember which event I'm planning to watch :palmf:
As one of our past presidents said "I feel your pain" :laugh:. Between European Championships, 4cc's and for me AO tennis, these past two weeks can be very challenging sleep-wise ;).

skatemouse

On the Ice
Yes, they were good, but they also lucked out with the mistake by Harley & Katia, or they would have got 4th place.
Everyone on medal stand lucked out. Not sure the weight things hold when so many top pairs missing. (serious question) Does Olympic placement or pairs hold more [points?? than 4CC year of Olympic games?) then depending on teams going to Worlds. I am thinking 4cc this year will be noted pairs there and not there just wondering how Olympic pair counted?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everyone on medal stand lucked out. Not sure the weight things hold when so many top pairs missing. (serious question) Does Olympic placement or pairs hold more [points?? than 4CC year of Olympic games?) then depending on teams going to Worlds. I am thinking 4cc this year will be noted pairs there and not there just wondering how Olympic pair counted?

4CC's and Europeans are major ISU competitions with a set # of points for placements. The points won would be the same, regardless of who competed and who won.

The Olympics have points, as do Worlds. I assume, but do not know, that both the Olympics and WC provide a greater number of points that the continental championships.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
France will never live down those plastic medals, huh?

Poor France, but really those were atrocious...they would have been better off giving those chocolate coins to the medallists, they look nice from a distance and are also edible!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Not going to make it for Ladies LP sadly. Flight in the AM.

Even though I was late to the party, it was fun once again, and for now I am out. :peace:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
"Four Americans Forced To Embrace North Koreans! Figure Skating Conspiracy in Taiwan!" ~ Some Ridiculous Website Out There :laugh:

*somewhere in the White House, a sleeping Donald Trump abruptly wakes up to feel a cold chill, origin unknown*

skatemouse

On the Ice
None of these competitors can do anything about who is not here. The point about top teams missing could be said about any team that had won.

Of the teams that were here, the medalists did the best. They shouldn't avert their eyes when accepting those medals.

As a not-particular-fan of pairs, and especially of American pairs, I'm glad to see there's at least enough fighting spirit to try to make the most of an opportunity. For once.

I would have said same thing about any team to win except Canada and Aussie's . That said yes good opportunity nobody took it as errors all over but fighting spirit and glad for America for once is right! Good going into the Games for American team and Korean team too

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
skatemouse,

If you're asking about ranking points, Euros and 4CC are equal, Olympics and Worlds are equal, and Euros/4CC give less points than Worlds/Olympics. However, you can only get points from ONE of those 4 competitions, whichever gives the highest points for the skater/team.

The "can only count one competition" is why it's good for a federations to switch up the teams if they have nearly-equal competitors (like Spain dance now, Canadian pairs for the last 4 years). Sending one team to Euros/4CC and a different one to Worlds allows BOTH teams to earn ranking points.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to all medalists! So happy for Tarah and Danny. Tarah really had to fight back from her surgery / injury and concussion. That grin of his -- wish he could bottle that sunshine. I especially love the lift where he does the spread eagle. Yikes! Jim Peterson cracks me up. They haven't even stepped off the ice and he's critiquing their performance. Look forward to seeing them at Worlds.

reneerose

Final Flight
Danny with a big grin! He can take a toothpaste commercial. :laugh:

His grin can power entire cities! :laugh: Such a great and emotional win for them, even with the shortened training due to Tarah's surgery. I'm so happy for them!

Congratulations to all medalists! So happy for Tarah and Danny. That grin of his -- wish he could bottle that sunshine. I especially love the lift where he does the spread eagle. Yikes! Jim Peterson cracks me up. They haven't even stepped off the ice and he's critiquing their performance. Look forward to seeing them at Worlds.

Mr. Peterson was hilarious!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Safe travels Ic3Rabbit :).

:thank:

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations to all medalists! So happy for Tarah and Danny. Tarah really had to fight back from her surgery / injury and concussion. That grin of his -- wish he could bottle that sunshine. I especially love the lift where he does the spread eagle. Yikes! Jim Peterson cracks me up. They haven't even stepped off the ice and he's critiquing their performance. Look forward to seeing them at Worlds.

Jim does it with love. ;)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Tarah and Danny, Ashley and Tim, and Tae and Ju!

I thought the medal ceremony was p-r-e-t-t-y cool, with two American flags beside a North Korean flag. Coexist!:points: And athletes lead the way. :bow: