2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

mrrice

Record Breaker
Couldn't agree more I think they need to put in Chock and Bates the emotion of there free dance can compete better then the end of the Coldplay trilogy that the shibs have

So much this.....Didn't they win the free dance at nationals?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Actually, rethinking it, I'd have C/L in 3rd. B/S were sloppy. Not just a missed choctaw from B, but it looked like a big balance check from S in one of the step sequences.

There, I feel better for having said that.

moriel

Record Breaker
They are the only figure skating fans I have seen that cheer when non Russian teams mess up and cheer over other teams scores - it’s rude

Ummm where and when?
As for only, well, quite a bunch of rude fans really, if you watch not just the olympics.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Scott is a piece of work and there were some years there when I wanted him to keep his mouth shut. However the TSL interview with V/M was revelatory to me. He's just a snarky truth-teller, which I can get with. :dev2: Dave totally ragged on the Seasons and he took it in stride. I get his personality now.

He's actually great on their show. That's how I fell in love with him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually, rethinking it, I'd have C/L in 3rd. B/S were sloppy. Not just a missed choctaw from B, but it looked like a big balance check from S in one of the step sequences.

There, I feel better for having said that.

Yeah, they got a few gifts. In fact out of everyone, they were the least slayed by this tech panel.

synteis

Medalist
Oh my gosh, one of the CBC announcers forgot to turn off her mic during the change and like took a phone call or something XD

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Scott is a piece of work and there were some years there when I wanted him to keep his mouth shut. However the TSL interview with V/M was revelatory to me. He's just a snarky truth-teller, which I can get with. :dev2: Dave totally ragged on the Seasons and he took it in stride. I get his personality now.

That's interesting, I haven't seen the interview so I'll have to check it out! I've been off the forum for so long I sort of forgot how defensive some people can get about them lol

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm not an expert, but honestly, if Virtue/Moir have a level 2 rhumba here then you probably have an overly strict technical panel.
Level 2, they are strict. Level 3, understandable - but let's wait for protocols, no one got level 4, maybe just C/L got lvl 3.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Couldn't agree more I think they need to put in Chock and Bates the emotion of there free dance can compete better then the end of the Coldplay trilogy that the shibs have

Well, personally I prefer the Shibs' free dance :) But I uber them, and having them out there makes me nervous because I know there are a few fans (not you, and not most, but a few) ready to tear them down if they make a mistake.

whatif

Medalist
The Canadians sealed the Gold here today. It's in Osmond's hands not to "Patrick Chan" her teammates. And it's done deal.

fredtx121

On the Ice
Virtue and Moirs SP music should not qualify as a Latin origin. Just because it is modified to have the beats to Rhumba, it shouldnt be considered as Latin American Rhythms.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, personally I prefer the Shibs' free dance :) But I uber them, and having them out there makes me nervous because I know there are a few fans (not you, and not most, but a few) ready to tear them down if they make a mistake.

And to that, they say -- To the left. :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Some of the comments here tonight have me worried about the rest of the competition. Can't we all just be nice?

If people don't V/M, can we not jump down their throats? That also goes for every skater in the competition. Everyone is entitled to have and express their own opinion as long as they aren't being mean.

I don't see anybody jumping down anybody's throat. People are as free to defend a skater as others are free to diss them.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Or the Shibs will defy everyone's expectations again and bring it when it counts.

I'd be more concerned with the judging. They brought it today and are still barely ahead of BoboSol of the country formerly known as Russia. :disapp: