Skaters I love that we're going to see tonight:
Matteo Rizzo
Bobrova/Soloviev
THE SHIBSIBS
Gabby Daleman
Mirai Nagasu
Kaori Sakamoto
Alina Zagitova

AHHHHH!!!! *please Russia, edge out Canada for the gold* *please USA, edge out Canada for the silver* :biggrin:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I'm quite happy for Italy's choices :hap10:

Stars may need to align a lot but... the bronze is still possible. Italy need to lose only one point at max on men and dance, while gain three on girls. A tie with two 2nd can place Italy on the podium.

If Rippon skate like in the nationals something can happen also there, but Tanaka may also be a problem or an advantage, depends on the situation.

Go Rizzo :hap10:

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Ok I love Mirai as much as the next person but I think Bradie should be doing the long! She has the highest season best of all the US ladies and her FS is almost 7 points higher (I believe, not 100% sure lol) than Mirai. We could use that 7 points because this FS is going to be so toughšŸ˜¬

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I really think it should have been Mirai short, Bradie long
but if Mirai hits everything amazingly, including her 3A.... that might be bye-bye to Kostner and even Daleman, perhaps even Sakamoto
I'm so torn

fredtx121

On the Ice
Is it me or does anyone else have a feeling that Italy will capture the bronze medal tonight. That would be a huge upset to the USA. :eeking:

fredtx121

On the Ice
Ok I love Mirai as much as the next person but I think Bradie should be doing the long! She has the highest season best of all the US ladies and her FS is almost 7 points higher (I believe, not 100% sure lol) than Mirai. We could use that 7 points because this FS is going to be so toughšŸ˜¬

Mirai should go back to her memoirs of a geisha program with technical elements upgrade. Suited her much better than Miss Saigon.
I think it wonā€™t matter who they put in for the ladies event, most likely she will end up 5 th anyways.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Is it me or does anyone else have a feeling that Italy will capture the bronze medal tonight. That would be a huge upset to the USA. :eeking:

I'm terrified because I feel like USA needs a figure skating team medal for their overall medal count. The ice dancing judges have been tough and I'm not convinced that the Shibs will beat the Italians, and I know Mirai won't beat Carolina. I'm only confident that Adam will place above Matteo because he's Italy's weak link.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It's all about the men tonight. If Patrick can be third or higher it's probably all over for everyone else mathematically. At least by my math. If Patrick is last than the pressure is really on V/M and Gabby. V/M to win and Gabby not to wilt under the pressure.

I really hope all the men skate well especially after the SP.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well looks like Canada is doing the right choice by using Gabby Daleman for the FP. Mirai, please don't crumble under pressure. HIT THAT 3A! Shib Sibs hold those twizzles. Adam Rippon, PERFORM YOUR HEART OUT!

Eclair

Medalist
I'm quite happy for Italy's choices :hap10:

Stars may need to align a lot but... the bronze is still possible. Italy need to lose only one point at max on men and dance, while gain three on girls. A tie with two 2nd can place Italy on the podium.

If Rippon skate like in the nationals something can happen also there, but Tanaka may also be a problem or an advantage, depends on the situation.

Go Rizzo :hap10:

what needs to happen for Italy to get a surprise bronze? Capellini/Lanotte beating Shibs? + Carolina placing 2 places above Mirai? + Adam finishing third with Rizzo fifth?

that's possible ... let's say men's:
1, 2, : Keiji, Patrick or Kolyada, then Adam third - it could even turn out Keiji, Patrick, Kolyada 1,2,3 with Adam fourth (although that's not probable with the form Patrick is in)

1, 2: Alina, Carolina
3: Kaori
4: Gabby
5: Mirai
Also possible ...

I can't see Capellini/Lanotte overtaking the Shibs looking the way they were scored today, even though I think they deserved to be closer ... but C/L must place right behind the Shibs to make it happen ...

Eclair

Medalist
It's all about the men tonight. If Patrick can be third or higher it's probably all over for everyone else mathematically. At least by my math. If Patrick is last than the pressure is really on V/M and Gabby. V/M to win and Gabby not to wilt under the pressure.

I really hope all the men skate well especially after the SP.

hmm I don't think it's possible for Patrick to be last with Rizzo skating too ...

da96103

Record Breaker
Rooting for Adam to win if he can land 4Lz carrot.

Patrick, Kolyada and Keiji all have wonky quads.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
hmm I don't think it's possible for Patrick to be last with Rizzo skating too ...

Did you see him at Skate Canada? One never knows. One hopes but one never knows.
I do hope he skates well though. Not just because of the medal but because when Patrick skates well he is so beautiful and I know it would give him a sense of peace if he could just skate a good LP at the Olympics.

Eclair

Medalist
Rooting fir Adam to win if he can land 4Lz carrot.

Patrick, Kolyada and Keiji all have wonky quads.
not as wonky as Adam's though ... :slink:

Did you see him at Skate Canada? One never knows. One hopes but one never knows.
I do hope he skates well though. Not just because of the medal but because when Patrick skates well he is so beautiful and I know it would give him a sense of peace if he could just skate a good LP at the Olympics.
I saw his FS at nationals - that was decent. Also saw his SC FS but don't remember it anymore - just that he gave up his spot at NHK afterwards, then there were so many injuries and withdrawals that in retrospect he could have made the GPF ...

even if Patrick falls on every jump, his PCS will still be at least 15 points higher than Rizzo ... more like 20 .. so .... I don't think Rizzo can make up 20 points by jumps ...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
not as wonky as Adam's though ... :slink:

I saw his FS at nationals - that was decent. Also saw his SC FS but don't remember it anymore - just that he gave up his spot at NHK afterwards, then there were so many injuries and withdrawals that in retrospect he could have made the GPF ...

His FS at SC was.. shocking and sad. It made me sad for him. He looked..lost.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai's work is cut out for her. I hope she is up to the task.

I think the burden is more on Adam and the Shibs than on Mirai. In that very tough ladies field, it will be a struggle for her to come in higher than 5th. If she does, it will be a bonus for the US.