2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS

HollyRose

On the Ice
Wow, what an amazing end to this competition!! :love: I love both Sasha and Alena so much, my favorite juniors by far; I love how different they are but are great in their own ways. :luv17:

First of all, OMG Sasha!! I was terrified for her after Alexei K.'s injury this morning, but I'm so proud of her for how she pulled this off! Not only for her quads, but for the guts and ambition it took to keep trying them. What a warrior :clap: I think she'll work on emphasizing the PCS for next season so that she'll be more well-rounded as a senior. Still, for her age, I don't think she's bad PCS-wise at all! She's ultra-charming and adorable. :2thumbs:

And Alena is just...gorgeous. She skates like someone five years older than she is and deserves more PCS than she gets in my opinion. Plus, her jumps are gorgeous, despite the little stumble today! And I'm pretty sure she's said she's practicing the 3A and 4T, so maybe we'll see those from her next year. :hap85:

Mako deserves major credit for her nerves, too. To skate like she did after Sasha's historic performance takes Zhenya-level nerves I think. So good for her, she's lovely, too :agree:

I know many think otherwise, but I think we'll see more and more women doing quads and 3A soon. Zhenya's said she's practiced the 4S, and I bet skaters with power like Daleman and Kaetlyn could pull off a quad as well, and then there's Wakaba who has practiced the 3A... probably many others are trying them, too, I just can't remember them all.
People years ago probably never would have thought the number of quads the men are doing now is possible either. I hope women will be able to maintain their artistry along with these jumps, and I think that they will. :hap10::)

slider11

Medalist
I don't get it.

Alexandra's hair conveys youth and rebellion. And I guess if you are 13 and can land 2 quads - why not! Actually I think her hair stylist should get a gold medal for being able to braid that amount of hair and place it in such a tight bun. Now that's +3 GOE hair styling!

moriel

Record Breaker
Same with the two +2s for the 4T. No senior on the circuit would have got a +2 for that landing. Or male in the single mens event for those comparing the two ;)

Actually, senior men keep getting +2 and +3 of pretty weird quads so lets be nice.

BlueCat28

Match Penalty
When are the referees going to start policing cheated toe-loops? Both of those Junior girls shifted weight off the right foot and started turning (including that quad). That's a toe-axel and it's just as underrotated as a Karen Chen landing.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexandra's hair conveys youth and rebellion. And I guess if you are 13 and can land 2 quads - why not! Actually I think her hair stylist should get a gold medal for being able to braid that amount of hair and place it in such a tight bun. Now that's +3 GOE hair styling!

Meh, I'm 22 and I love having long hair.

And absolutely. I used to do ballet and it wasn't exactly easy getting my hair into a bun. We had to use a hair net and TONS of bobby pins for me. And curling my hair takes 2 hours. Thank goodness when I did competitive cheer, they didn't do the teeny weeny ringlet curls. That would take 6 hours on me lol.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Kostornaya got a perfect score for the first spin and almost perfect one for the step sequence. This is just right.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Copying this over for convenience!

2019 World Junior Championships: Ladies

2018 Ladies results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/wjc2018/CAT002RS.HTM

3 Spots

Russia - RUS (1 + 2 = 3)
Japan - JPN (3 + 6 = 9)

2 Spots

South Korea - KOR (5 + 9 = 14)
United States - USA (7 + 16 = 23)
Germany - GER (10 + 16 = 26)

2018-2019 Junior Grand Prix: Ladies

A: 2 Entries in 7 Events - Top 3 highest placing countries

(1) Russia (RUS)
(2) Japan (JPN)
(3) South Korea (KOR)

B: 1 Entry in 7 Events - Countries 4th-6th, eligible for any unused spots from A, B, or C to add a second skater to an event

(4) United States (USA)
(5) Germany (GER)
(6) Hong Kong (HKG)

C: 1 Entry in 6 Events - Countries 7th - 10th

(7) Austria (AUS)
(8) Ukraine (UKR)
(9) Sweden (SWE)
(10) Bulgaria (BUL)

1 Entry in 5 Events - Countries qualifying for FS, 11th and lower

Italy (ITA), Canada (CAN), China (CHN), Great Britain (GBR), Kazakhstan (KAZ), Singapore (SGP), Netherlands (NED)

1 Entry in 4 Events - Countries with skaters placing 25th-30th in the SP

Czech Republic (CZE), Azerbaijan (AZE), Mexico (MEX), Israel (ISR), Finland (FIN), Turkey (TUR)

1 Entry in 3 Events - Countries with skaters placing 31st or lower in the SP

Chinese Taipei (TPE), Hungary (HUN), Slovakia (SVK), Estonia (EST), Switzerland (SUI), Croatia (CRO), Latvia (LAT), France (FRA), Poland (POL), Romania (ROU), Belarus (BLR), Lithuania (LTU), Slovenia (SLO)

All other countries wishing to send Ladies skaters to the JGP can send 1 entry to each of 2 events.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Which is why I want Zagitova to win Worlds this year. Feels like in the coming years or year, we'll be starting with a clean slate, season after season. The same way Radionova and Elizaveta became non factors in the Olympics equation within a season or two.

Just amazing is Sasha. But she has not gone through puberty she could be another Lipnskaya. And sadly in many ways we have gone through so many wonderful Russian skaters in the last while think- Lipnskaya barely lasted a week on top before Sotnikova took over before Radinova before Liza before Pogo and Evgenia before Zagitova and there are many Russian girls waitingin the wings.

What happened to Emmy and poor Rika - I honestly though Rika might win the title this year - she is the most seasoned. poor Rika; maybe Trusova should work on the tripleaxel lol.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Who was the best spinner of the day?
Alena KOSTORNAIA with 13,77
And who was the second?

Tadam!

Alexandra TRUSOVA with 13,13

Judges, really???

It's everything you should know about GOE.

Xzander

Rinkside
OMG, I'm so glad I witnessed this. She deserves all the GOEs for those quads - it's amazing that she's capable of doing those. The music fits to the choreo so well, just amazing. No matter if she would quit tomorrow, everyone will remember her name! And that's more important than medals.

katymay

Medalist
That was really one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Holy cow. The lift she gets on those jumps. The speed of the rotation. Just unbelievable to watch. I don't know what the future will hold, but who cares. I think it will be 30 or more years until we see something like that again. Holy cow. Trusova is just beyond words.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
One suggestion for Sasha: please ditch the bielmann and the i-spin.

You don't have to have those to get the level 4 necessarily.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
20 points back on TES! What a blow out by Trusova.

And for everyone saying that Alena's a better overall skater-- well, yes, but Trusova's a baby. She's got plenty of time to get more musical and expressive. In fact, she'd be very smart to make that her priority for the next couple seasons rather than trying to add more quads or backload. If puberty makes those quads hard to hold on to, then she'll need every PCS point she can rustle up to keep her lead. But with one or two quads and some better PCS-- how could anyone stop her!

Well, Trusova is less than a year younger than Kostornaia, so what does that say about the ability to develop artistry at a young age? They are both amazing skaters with very different strengths.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Just a point on Sasha's spin : it really showed how exhausted she was after that monstruous layout. She'll have to work on the stamina big time. She could find a couple of new spin positions too to keep the level but not go on a painful position.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And this is where it's tough to take.

The Olympics are supposed to be the pinnacle of a skater's career. Yet it's only ONE competition every four years, it's litterally like you have to peak 4 Continents.

I genuienely think that if you add the last jumping pass to the Juniors + 30 seconds, Sasha would have won this year. And with that + PCS superiority of Alena K, she could have genuienely been second (with 78+ PCS).

Basically your Olympic win will depend if you show up at the right time. That's why Zhenya did not win this year despite her dominance for 2 seasons. That's why, I'll be following those 2 girls hoping they can stay healthy until 2022, or if they'll get passed over. That's why Zhenya might never get an Olympic Gold as heartbreaking as it sounds. It's "almost" unfair, yet it's still the right results.
I agree had the olympics been in 2016 or 17 Zhenya would be champ likewise the right year for Duhamel and Radford or Chan and they would have oly gold and Savchenko - skater of whatever country has a good pairs partner would have won with Robin. That is the thrill and the problem with the olympics. Especially in sports where age is a huge factor ie gymnastics and skating a lot is not only timing but your age. Trusova if she were 15 would have been oly eligible and probably beaten Zag and Med but life is cruel.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS225.5211video
2Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS207.3922video
3Mako YAMASHITA JPN195.1733video
4Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS186.3565video
5Eunsoo LIM KOR185.1256video
6Yuhana YOKOI JPN184.7884video
7Ting CUI USA180.3977video
8Rika KIHIRA JPN175.2549video
9Young YOU KOR171.7898video
10Lea Johanna DASTICH GER164.341210video