2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

tars

Record Breaker
I think she is too thin, her coach is too strict, she is training too much! and too hardly! ;) :laugh:
I thought she's actually quite curvy for a rhytmic gimnast. :)

Btw., what are the numbers of female RGs and FSs in Russia? I guess fs prevails? :think:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I thought she's actually quite curvy for a rhytmic gimnast. :)

Btw., what are the numbers of female RGs and FSs in Russia? I guess fs prevails? :think:

I'm also curious.... Both sports are succesful in Russia.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Seems like there still are some minor competitions going on.

I thought that Veronika Vinokurova(8yo) was very impressive today. I really like the skating skills(and speed) and also the way she performs. Jumps are rather small but the content is the most difficult possible for the category and the Flip and Lutz edges are both correct...

She's improved so much over the course of this season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What that slinging on Alena was for ?

It’s a jump harness.

It helps a coach give a bit of a lift so the skater can learn and start to trust the rotation with a little extra boost. It also helps ease the fall too and a lot of skaters say it even helps them to learn to fall more safely.

At my rink we call them fishing poles 🎣

moriel

Record Breaker
It’s a jump harness.

It helps a coach give a bit of a lift so the skater can learn and start to trust the rotation with a little extra boost. It also helps ease the fall too and a lot of skaters say it even helps them to learn to fall more safely.

At my rink we call them fishing poles 🎣

which means she is probably training some harder jumps ;)
i mean those girls wouldnt need a harness for triples at this point

Tyranid

Final Flight
This Inskate program is being promoted by some skaters. Looks like we will see training videos and master classes from some of our faves:

Liza: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZJ5bglaRK/?taken-by=liza_tuktik :)

Lena: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh3XwB_lfHc/?taken-by=lenok_radionova

*[/color]**/src/4977279/15242558359630.mp4]Sample video with Lena Radionova. :luv17:

Perhaps a new(?) sponsor for FS. :agree:

ETA: http://inskate.co/ OMFG, check the video. They filmed it at the June shopping mall in Mytishi, Moscow area. Thats the rink I skate at (sometimes). Ruslan Zhiganshin coaches there.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I would love to see Tarakanova skating to Black Swan. Meanwhile I think Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars suit her as well. She’s good with big music. Though I think she can’t skate to lovey doves types like turandot or R&J

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I would love to see Tarakanova skating to Black Swan. Meanwhile I think Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars suit her as well. She’s good with big music. Though I think she can’t skate to lovey doves types like turandot or R&J

Maybe she could do Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet (what Sotskova used a couple of seasons ago with that wonderful dress) if she doesn't get the Black Swan / Swan Lake program. But I really hope that that one is going to her.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I don’t want to see anyone skating to Swan Lake! Noooooooo!!! There are so many other characters for them to portray, why do the same as everyone else??!?!??!! There’s a long list of great female characters to portray that are barely used.

The Red Queen
Maleficent
The Raven
Yu Shu Lien
The Countess
Marie Antoinette
Black Widow
etc etc etc.....

tars

Record Breaker
Last time I checked, she was unable to jump double axel though. :scratch2:

tars

Record Breaker
Week ago, some girls from Khrustalnyi said in periscope she was "hitting the board with her head" trying to jump axel. :confused2: