2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Ded Moroz

LADIES QUAD CLUB
On the Ice
Country
United-Nations
Thanks for the gift russianfan!

In my ideal world the Ice Skating season would be in the Autumn and Winter, and then the Rhythmic Gymnastics season would take over in the Spring and Summer.
Alas, whoever is in charge of rhythmic gymnastics does not make it very user friendly. The season is too spread out, and there are too many participants per competition.

tsangpogorge

Rinkside
Since people are discussing Russian skaters training overseas and Russianfan brought up gymnastics so I thought i'd share this interesting development from the world of Artistic gymnastics: Irina Alexeeva, a Russian gymnast but who has lived and trained for most of her life in the USA will be competing at the upcoming Russian Nationals meet in Kazan: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuX_-iFdPm/?taken-by=wogagymnastics
She trains at WOGA gym in Texas which is owned by Valeriy Liukin, father of 2008 all around OGM winner Nastia Liukin and himself an Olympic gold medal winner in 1980 as a competitor for the USSR.
Ira's Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ira_alexeeva/
I'm presuming that you have to be a Russian citizen in order to compete at Russian nationals? If that's the case it means she's eligible for the national team, I wonder if she'll continue to train in Texas if that were to happen.

colormyworld240

Medalist
in order of who I hope it's for:
1. Zhenya
2. Nastya Tarakanova
3. Polina

Is it for sure one of Eteri's girls? It's a little weird to have same programs within groups. But I mean both Zhenya and Scherbakova had Nocturne this season so maybe not? I think Tarakanova would make an amazing swan. I hope the dress turns out beautifully, not too many details. My fave swan dresses were Kaetlyn's and Anna's this season, they were basically the same dress. Also VERY similar to Gracie's firebird, just different color. Didn't real like Alina's swan dress, too much going on

Scott512

Record Breaker
While there's not so much to discuss or watch in the off-season, i have something for you :)

🎁

Spasiba!

This Dina girl is better than Alina....Kabaeva. ;) how she caught the ball like that at the end of a routine was an amazing feat with her legs. :agree:

On a side note I can't believe how popular rhythmic gymnastics is in Russia. Some think it's even more popular than ladies figure skating. If that's the case it's really sad and unusual even if there's been many beautiful Russian rhythmic gymnastics stars over the years. The skill level and difficulty of figure skating would seem to me to be far superior than rhythmic gymnastics.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Since people are discussing Russian skaters training overseas and Russianfan brought up gymnastics so I thought i'd share this interesting development from the world of Artistic gymnastics: Irina Alexeeva, a Russian gymnast but who has lived and trained for most of her life in the USA will be competing at the upcoming Russian Nationals meet in Kazan: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuX_-iFdPm/?taken-by=wogagymnastics
She trains at WOGA gym in Texas which is owned by Valeriy Liukin, father of 2008 all around OGM winner Nastia Liukin and himself an Olympic gold medal winner in 1980 as a competitor for the USSR.
Ira's Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ira_alexeeva/
I'm presuming that you have to be a Russian citizen in order to compete at Russian nationals? If that's the case it means she's eligible for the national team, I wonder if she'll continue to train in Texas if that were to happen.

Maria Sharapova has lived in the United States since she was 6 or 7 years old yet has always represented Russia. It should be the same way for Russian athletes who live and train in the USA.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Spasiba!

This Dina girl is better than Alina....Kabaeva. ;) how she caught the ball like that at the end of a routine was an amazing feat with her legs. :agree:

On a side note I can't believe how popular rhythmic gymnastics is in Russia. Some think it's even more popular than ladies figure skating. If that's the case it's really sad and unusual even if there's been many beautiful Russian rhythmic gymnastics stars over the years. The skill level and difficulty of figure skating would seem to me to be far superior than rhythmic gymnastics.

That’s just so incredibly subjective to say the skill level of figure skating is superior to RSG!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That’s just so incredibly subjective to say the skill level of figure skating is superior to RSG!

The RG is incredible difficult. There are 5 apparatuses. Rhythmic gymnastics is a sport that combines elements of ballet, gymnastics, dance, and apparatus manipulation. The gymnast needs to handle those apparatuses with both hands.
From Wiki:

"The victor is the participant who earns the most points, determined by a panel of judges, for leaps, balances, pirouettes (pivots), apparatus handling, and execution. The choreography must cover the entire floor and contain a balance of jumps, leaps, pivots, balances (a certain number is required depending on the gymnast's level) and flexibility movements. Each movement involves a high degree of athletic skill. Physical abilities needed by a rhythmic gymnast include strength, power, flexibility, agility, dexterity, endurance and hand-eye coordination."

Alextrusova

Rinkside
2018-2019 State of Russian Ladies' Skating

The RG is incredible difficult. There are 5 apparatuses. Rhythmic gymnastics is a sport that combines elements of ballet, gymnastics, dance, and apparatus manipulation. The gymnast needs to handle those apparatuses with both hands.
From Wiki:

"The victor is the participant who earns the most points, determined by a panel of judges, for leaps, balances, pirouettes (pivots), apparatus handling, and execution. The choreography must cover the entire floor and contain a balance of jumps, leaps, pivots, balances (a certain number is required depending on the gymnast's level) and flexibility movements. Each movement involves a high degree of athletic skill. Physical abilities needed by a rhythmic gymnast include strength, power, flexibility, agility, dexterity, endurance and hand-eye coordination."

Here here. RSG is an incredibly under rated sport that deserves a lot more credit than it gets! The Averina Twins, Mamun, Soldatova, Kudravtseva are/were under incredible pressure to be the best. People talk about the pressure to make the Russian ladies skating team but RSG is insanely competitive. And only TWO make it to the Olympics. Just ask Alexandra Soldatova about this. She was the 3rd best gymnast in the world in 2016 and did not make the Olympic team. Or ask Vera Sessina or Daria Kondakova!

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Here here. RSG is an incredibly under rated sport that deserves a lot more credit than it gets! The Averina Twins, Mamun, Soldatova, Kudravtseva are/were under incredible pressure to be the best. People talk about the pressure to make the Russian ladies skating team but RSG is insanely competitive. And only TWO make it to the Olympics. Just ask Alexandra Soldatova about this. She was the 3rd best gymnast in the world in 2016 and did not make the Olympic team. Or ask Vera Sessina or Daria Kondakova!

Also on a given day Soldatova could have beaten both Mamun & Kudry