2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 56 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
2015 Worlds?

Also, Li/Xie = Li Xiangning and Xie Zhong? If so, she's in two disciplines- one spot in each. :unsure: Has this ever happened before, or is it even allowed? That's 4 programs per season... IMO, she's probably going to WD from the Ladies event later on.

Not necessarily. Some skaters compete in both singles and pairs although it's rare and it's IMO impossible to reach elite level in both. I know for sure that Czech Republic's Anna Duskova competed in singles and pairs for years (maybe she still does), but she only entered elite level in pairs. And there are probably others who compete like that.

jgp skater is chosen by fed of each country and are usually out a month before the competition starts, 1st JGP is scheduled on 22 August so we can expect it to be out on late July

Thanks!

Ivana

On the Ice
Some thoughts:

- Fantastic for the premiere Finland event to have Hanyu, Kolyada, Zagitova, Kostner, and Sui/Han!
Well they got the boost they needed to say yes to host a GP event. ;) But the line-up is indeed impressive, if I hadn't booked plane tickets for France already I'd be tempted to go.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Rostelecom is iffy for Yuzu too. If Kolyada skates cleanly, and Yuzu has a meh day, Kolyada could very well take home gold. Especially since I think the new system will work well for Kolyada.

And I guess Rostelecom is home soil for Kolyada, but IDEK anymore with the Russian Fed, considering the GP Assignments.
Hanyu is pretty good at turning it around by his second Grand Prix event, so I don't see how he’s not the heavy favourite.

The increased focus on element quality may indeed help Kolyada (assuming he stops trying to do quads that he can’t land reliably), but it should help Hanyu even more.

Rissa

Record Breaker
In Men some GP have little field. There is no suspense for Skate Canada. Kolyada-Hanyu will be an interesting battle in Finland and Russia.

It'll be Kolyada-Hanyu-Jin both times, any of them is just as likely to win as to screw up. Tbh, I'd give Jin the edge, as he's the one not recovering from the injury and the semi-consistent one.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
It'll be Kolyada-Hanyu-Jin both times, any of them is just as likely to win as to screw up. Tbh, I'd give Jin the edge, as he's the one not recovering from the injury and the semi-consistent one.

Oh i didn't see that Boyang was at Rostelecom too. Great! More great, Yuzu and Boyang finishing 1-2 at both events.

vadrouille

Rinkside
I'm so happy.. I had no idea that Finland was planning to host a GP. And once again Yuzu will come here.
I am happy for you and all fans in Finland and in Russia. In fact, happy for all fans in Europe.
I want to go to Helsinki Finland too to see Yuzuru. I loved so much last time I was in Helsinki for World 2017, I lived such interesting 10 days for skating and sightseeing in the city, seeing Yuzuru skates his beautiful FP Hope& Legacy, winning the gold medal.
Last time it was at Hartwall arena. Where is this time for first GP in Finland?
Is it Olympic Stadium arena?
I see on google there is some hotels nearby, Scandic Hotel and Crown Plaza Helsinki hotel.
Good luck to all to get the tickets.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

No it's not.

Boyang is at IdF with Nathan for the second one.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

Lmao what does Yuzu have to do to get more credit... he holds all the WR, is 2 time OGM and has never placed lower than second... even recovering from injury and with his usual bad luck at his first GP he should be the obvious favorite by a mile

charlotte14

Medalist
-Shoma and Nathan have good draw. I am surprised that Hanyu is not in any of their GPs and more surprised he is facing Mikhail on both. It feels like they want to separate Shoma, Nathan, and Hanyu and good publicity as they might make it to the GPF to face off. I am also surprised Hanyu did not get NHK.

Finland wants Hanyu because his the biggest name right now. NHK right behind Helsinki in a week so It is reasonable Hanyu is not planned at NHK . They want the guy who has been recovering from injury to do 2 events back to back? JSF is not that insane. People forget that Hanyu messed his first GP last season at CoR anf still placed higher than Kolyada? Because Kolyada messed even more. I would not bet that Kolyada will so well at GP to be honest.

Tyranid

Final Flight
About Korea passing on the GP, I don't think anyone posted it?

Apparently the fed is being investigated for embezzlement and multiple harassment cases, the president has resigned. Samsung has pulled their funding just yesterday. In essence a massive mess and no wonder it's not there.
https://twitter.com/boyangsupremist/status/1012669484144848896

Too bad about South Korea, however, it's good that Finland gets to host a GP. It was going to be either SK, Finland or Italy. Finlandia tropy is on of the best visited B events and has a very supportive crowd.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
About Korea passing on the GP, I don't think anyone posted it?

Apparently the fed is being investigated for embezzlement and multiple harassment cases, the president has resigned. Samsung has pulled their funding just yesterday. In essence a massive mess and no wonder it's not there.
https://twitter.com/boyangsupremist/status/1012669484144848896

Well that explains a lot. This plot line is straight out of a Korean Drama. Ugh, I hope it doesn't affect the Korean skaters too much.

Rissa

Record Breaker
No it's not.

Boyang is at IdF with Nathan for the second one.

Ooops, my bad.

Still, I'd give Jin the edge in Finland. In CoR no idea: home scoring for Kolyada but Hanyu should be growing stronger. The IdF will be interesting though, normally I'd give edge to Nathan, but he'll be in the middle of a uni semester versus a full-training Jin.

Lmao what does Yuzu have to do to get more credit... he holds all the WR, is 2 time OGM and has never placed lower than second... even recovering from injury and with his usual bad luck at his first GP he should be the obvious favorite by a mile

Not be recovering from an injury, not attempting at least 4 differdnt quads - because he most likely will like in CoR last year, not announcing working on 4A? C'mon, he's not going to play it safe, given how through-the-stratosphere his new layout might be, on two new programs no less, I'm expecting a messy beginning. Believe me, I will be overjoyed if he has solid outings, but I'd rather keep my expectations in check.