2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Apparently he's skating what he feels like now and not for results. And if he wants to skate tributes to his two favorite skaters, he chose the right songs for it. Imagine if he'd chosen Sex Bomb instead...

Tell me you don´t think Yuzuru can pull the fake muscle +speedo like Plushenko does?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Per a new interview, Soucisse and Firus's FD is not just the Weeknd's "Earned It"; it also includes his cover of the Michael Jackson song "Dirty Diana".

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think is 4, I just looked in the OP

Markova & Daze have it also. They performed it at the Quebec summer competition, and it doesn't look like theirs is listed in the OP (their official bio hasn't been updated yet). Did you count them?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
OK, I checked the OP also--and found one I didn't know about. If you count Markova & Daze, there are actually six. (A few are combined with other music pieces). Three are quite possible to qualify for the Worlds RD.

Libertango:

Medvedeva
Weaver & Poje
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Markova & Daze
DelCamp & Gart
Anastasia Vaipan-Law

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Apparently he's skating what he feels like now and not for results. And if he wants to skate tributes to his two favorite skaters, he chose the right songs for it. Imagine if he'd chosen Sex Bomb instead...

He certainly earned this 'luxury' of having freedom of choice and certain abandon when it comes to program choices. I think that these choices are particularly interesting due to making happen this possibility of seeing music/program themes associated with other skaters re-invented through Yuzuru's eyes. On top of that, these are skaters Yuzuru looks up to, so the link, the connection will be stronger than just sole choice to use music they used in the past.
Thic could be not only a form of tribute paid to Weir and Plushenko, but a form of reflection on Yuzuru's skating inspirations and how they are still current in his sensibility now. Making an own staple out of staples of others that he admire.
And I think that he would do great in 'Sex Bomb' too:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wish someone would skate to some of the pieces from 'Call Me By Your Name'

This soundtrack and 'Phantom Thread' one were hands down my faves from this year's Oscars. Shame that I have not seen so far any program using them.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Really excited by Elena's choices. That SP to Amy Winehouse is going to really pack in layers of personality and sass especially and then the beauty of one of Ennio's best scores... It's going to be amazing and I hope to see her back to form.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
It is only me getting the vibe from Yuzuru that this will be his last season? Choosing to reenact such iconic programs in both his competitive programs, him going back to his influences just screams this to me. But nonetheless i cannot wait for him to skate at the world gala together with Plushenko on Nijinsky! :love: